PDA

View Full Version : SV650S in excellent nick. Rather not sell, but too expensive to take her to Oz

Sillykiwiman
18th May 2010, 21:39
I'm running out of time now, all reasonable offers will be considered!

SV650S in excellent condition. Very reluctant sale, but the Wife's been transferred to Sydney.

'02 model, first registered in '03. I've owned her from 11,000 odd Km, bought at the end of '07. Previous owner had barely run her in! Been garaged her whole life, serviced religiously, kept out of the weather, never crashed, never abused.

New chain & sprockets at 30,000km, tyres are still very good, Diablo up front, Diablo Strada on the back (slightly harder for longer life, but still grippy). Original manual, tool kit etc.

Handlebars have been replaced with motocross bars, giving a more upright position, but it hasn't compromised the handling (still great to chuck into a corner), fairing has been raised on brackets to match handlebars (just because), screen has been replaced with a tinted, higher one (keeps the weather off really well, and it looks great), mirrors have been replaced with decent ones (so that the objects behind you look like cars rather than blurry splodges), front indicators have been replaced with "bug eye" lenses (so they don't look crap), horn has been replaced with twin air horns (nobody tries to cut you off more than once!), pack rack has been fitted (comes off in about 2 minutes).

I don't want to sell her, but life's a bugger like that. She's a head-turning bike, excellent for the daily grind to work, but also fantastic on a windy back-road. Plenty of torque, fast as you want her to be, comfortable (courtesy of the modifications, I rode from Wellington to Auckland in one hit, stopping only for fuel, and wasn't suffering at all at the end, much to my surprise). Rides well with a pillion, and has an awesome "fun factor".

She's in great nick, but has been ridden every day for as long as I've owned her. The tank protector has lifted a little (I just have no glue to stick it back down) & there are a couple of small stone chips in the fairing, and a scratch in the right tail hugger, as in the photos, but that's it.

Registered till Feb '11 & I'll get a new WOF pre-sale.

Best contact is markfskinner@yahoo.co.nz, or my cell, 021 034 9773

crazyhorse
19th May 2010, 14:23
Good luck with the sale - I had one exactly the same, but 2000 - same colour. Absolutely fantastic bike. I did take mine to OZ (and back :crybaby:) easy to take over, and got it vinned and all. Wasn't too expensive, I thought - but I took my car and furniture too as like the bike, I had bought my car from near new and still had few km's on it.

Good luck with the move and all - and its a great bike, you will make someone else very happy too :) [I sold mine last year to a lovely lady in Huntly - so I now know its gone to yet another wonderful home]

Sillykiwiman
22nd May 2010, 08:46
Cheers,

It only takes the one person to fall in love with her like I did! Had one insulting offer, but people are always going to try their luck! Clock's ticking unfortunately, but whoever test-rides her will want to buy.