PDA

View Full Version : Biker Angels info...

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 08:15
Hi

I've noticed in the few weeks I've been a member at KB that this section of the forum is pretty quiet so I've got a few questions...

1. What bike do you ride? (can include a picture and list of mod's if you like)
2. How long have you been riding for?
3. Where do you live (ie Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton e.tc. so we can see if enough of us live close by to maybe organise a ride sometime)
4. Do you work on your own bike?

So yeah... I'll start I guess...

~~~*~~~

1. 1992 Kawasaki ZXR250C (Mods: Aftermarket Pipe, Custom Fuel line, Quater turn throttle, blue LED light under seat, Honda clock, Racing chain/sprocket and an alarm coming soon)
2. I've been riding for 2 years (1 year illegally :no: )
3. North Shore, Auckland
4. I don't work on my own bike YET, but plan to learn more as I go along...

Beemer
24th May 2005, 09:57
1. What bike do you ride?
I've got two - a 2002 BMW F650CS and a 2005 Suzuki SG350N (aka Goose). No mods apart from personalised plates and a stick-on clock on the Goose! But the Beemer is fully optioned - ABS, heated grips, power socket, etc.
I began riding in 1998 (in my late 30s I might add!) and got my full licence in December 1999. I'd been a pillion in the past but had never ridden until then.
3. Where do you live (ie Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton e.tc. so we can see if enough of us live close by to maybe organise a ride sometime)
I live just north of Levin.
Nope, that's what husbands are for! Mine is mad keen on bikes and does most of his own maintenance so he does anything that needs doing on my bike. I've never really been interested in that side of things, I just love the look of bikes and what it feels like to ride them!

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 10:24
Wow, nice bikes. Thanks for replying to the thread :) we're getting there... slowly lol

Ms Piggy
24th May 2005, 10:37
Hi placidfemme & welcome. :spudwave: I guess we don't use this forum much b/c all of end up chatting and contributing anyway.

But in answer to you good question. :)

1. I ride a Honda CB250RS, 1984 called Black Betty. She's the 1st bike I've owned.

2. I've been riding since December 2003 and I'm in love with it! :love:

3. I'm in Wellington.

4. A little bit, I'm slowly learning more from my wonderful buddies on KBs. It's more for practical reasons that I don't work on it, I don't have a garage. I sooooooooo want a garage & a decent tool kit. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Pics are: Black Betty formerly as The Bitchin' Mobile and her in her current state, when we were just about the head away on an epic adventure around the South Island. However, she is actually in the process of getting her make over finished at the moment and she will have a little more colour along with the black.

Beemer
24th May 2005, 10:44
I know we post in the main forums as well, but I am surprised this forum is so under utilised - I thought women always had something to say LOL! :msn-wink:

I'm just coming down from an addiction to a wedding planning forum (married now, no need to talk about it incessantly!) so I need something to replace it before I get online withdrawal symptoms!

nic
24th May 2005, 10:48
Hello,

1. Honda VFR400R NC30
2. Been riding for just over 4 years (3 in NZ - learned in UK)
3. Rotorua
4. Not yet - will do though when I aquire some decent tools

sorry - I dont have a decent pic

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 10:57
Hello,

1. Honda VFR400R NC30
2. Been riding for just over 4 years (3 in NZ - learned in UK)
3. Rotorua
4. Not yet - will do though when I aquire some decent tools

sorry - I dont have a decent pic

Welcome to the forum, thanks for replying.

Wow, looks like so far we all live miles away from each other... :ride:

Joni
24th May 2005, 11:15
Hiya... :D

1) Yamaha Zeal (pic in my profile)
2) Been riding many years, altho stopped for a while - getting back into it, feel like a newbie sometime... :confused:
3) Auckland
4) No

:ride:

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 11:33
Nice bike, *dumb question* whats the cc rating on that? My partner wants a non-faring bike and that one looks choice...

[Edit] Yay someone else in Auckland!

Beemer
24th May 2005, 11:55
Nice bikes Zeals, I would have liked one if I could find a nice one in NZ - found a mint one in Maroochydore but a bit too big to put in the suitcase!

It's a 250 Placidfemme - and very nice with it!

Joni
24th May 2005, 11:58
Nice bikes Zeals, I would have liked one if I could find a nice one in NZ - found a mint one in Maroochydore but a bit too big to put in the suitcase!

It's a 250 Placidfemme - and very nice with it!

Beemer, this Zeal is kind of the KBs most riden bike.... It was Blakamins, then JRandoms... now mine... if you still want one... you never know what happens in the future!! :ride:

:D

Placid - my first choice was a Suzuki Bandit... have a look at them, pretty nice! :D

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 12:17
My partner has a slight height problem and was looking at the Bandit/Hornets but then she is on tip toes... which I don't think is very safe... she doesn't want a sports bike (ZXR, CBR e.t.c) as she doesn't like speed and is more content to just cruise on by... and the cruiser styled bikes in 250's are kinda plain (as far as I'm aware the GN250 is the only model cruiser kinda styled one out there). Is the ride height on the Zeal very high? My partner is 5'2

Joni
24th May 2005, 12:24
My partner has a slight height problem and was looking at the Bandit/Hornets but then she is on tip toes... which I don't think is very safe... she doesn't want a sports bike (ZXR, CBR e.t.c) as she doesn't like speed and is more content to just cruise on by... and the cruiser styled bikes in 250's are kinda plain (as far as I'm aware the GN250 is the only model cruiser kinda styled one out there). Is the ride height on the Zeal very high? My partner is 5'2
Im the exact same height, and the Zeal is perfect.... not full foot down, but almost... so it should work for her too! The Hornet and the VTR are a problem because the seats is a little thick, compromising height... however a Bandits seat is quite a bit thinner... :niceone:

Beemer
24th May 2005, 12:46
Don't dismiss the Goose or the Beemer either, Placidfemme - I am only 5'1" so if I can ride both, your partner should be able to as well! The Goose has a 770mm seat height, and the Beemer 780mm (I've got the low seat height option). The Goose is very slim while the Beemer is very wide, so you do lose some of the height due to this. There are quite a few lowish bikes around to choose from, and I know a woman shorter than me who rides an SV650 that has been lowered. The best thing to do is decide what your partner wants and then check to see if anything can be done to lower the bike if it's still too tall.

May have to pass on the Zeal when you're tired of it Joni, no room in the garage now! Very nice bikes though, very smooth from what I've heard - mind you, so is the Goose, it has a really sweet gear box, much nicer than the Beemer!

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 12:52
Thanks for all your advice... At the moment my partner (Sam) is riding a Suzuki FXR150, and even on that she is a bit wobbly because of the height. We should be going bike shopping in about 2 months for her new 250. She's really excited, but downhearted too because all the bikes she's sat on so far that she likes... seem too high... I'll print this out and show her... will give her a few more options... I'm trying hard not to force my ideas on her, so it will be good for her to see what all your comments are.

XTC
24th May 2005, 13:14
Welcome to the forum, thanks for replying.

Wow, looks like so far we all live miles away from each other... :ride:
The perfect reason for a long ride......:)

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 13:29
that is true...

Unfortunatly for me... (and my partner) we're both still very wet behind the ears... The longest rides we've been on are.... from North Shore to Riverhead (yay) and from North Shore to Henderson (yay)

lol yeah, so a long ride to you guys is a REALLY long ride for us :) still looking forward to a good ride in a group

Beemer
24th May 2005, 18:01
I see you're in Auckland, Placidfemme, so I would suggest you call in and talk to Dallas at Red Baron. My husband and I called in there when we were looking for a lower bike for me and he was SO helpful it wasn't funny, really nice guy and I got the feeling he was more concerned with me getting the right bike than him making a big commission! He even rang me a few days later to say the bike I was planning on going back to test ride had been sold, which was great service. I am only 5'1" and found at least three bikes I could get my feet flat on the floor with - a 250 Bandit was the best, the Hornet was still a little tall. He also had a gorgeous Honda CB400 (I think) that used to belong to Karl Burnett (from Shortland Street - think that's his name, never watched it!). It had a V-tec motor and was so beautiful - but too tall for me unfortunately. They did have a great range of smaller bikes though.

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 18:36
Yeah, Red Baron is the bike shop I use now-a-days. Used to use Cyclespot until they tried to rip me off ($2000 worth) and then when that didn't work they tried a different way... PRATS!!!

Anyway... So Red Baron are the boys who look after all my biking needs... and Motomail... lol cause they're cheap...

We went into Red Baron about December last year looking for Sam's upgrade... I think the Sales guys name was Mike... or Peter... yes Peter, and he was very helpful, but I don't think he took us seriously (Maybe because of our age) and when I commented that the bike was too tall and that Sam was on tip does trying to balance the bike, he said "Well most times you only have one foot on the ground anyway so it won't matter if she leans over to one side". He wasn't very helpful as far as lowering the bike information... It felt like he was trying to push us into a sale for the silver (I forget if it was a Hornet or a Bandit) bike. So we decided not to buy her upgrade at that time... went looking at a few other bike shops... but bottom line... Red Baron had the widest range or choices... not just one or two. So thats where we'll be heading back to in 2 months time.

John
24th May 2005, 18:39
Sorry to post here but, Dallas he is the best person to talk to at Red Baron hes helpfull and always goes out of his way, as Beemer said - so when you go make sure you ask for him!

*runs from forum*

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 18:43
*watches John run from the forum*

lol

thanks, I will ask for Dallas when we go back in... I'll even make a point to call in and organise a time to pop in and check the bikes out... that way I'll know for sure he'll be working that day :)

DEATH_INC.
24th May 2005, 18:52
I'll put a post in for Draco,my partner as she doesn't get on here often.....
Bike: Honda CBR400 nc29
Riding: About 3-4yrs I think....
Home: Papatoetoe , Auckland
Bike stuff:Not a lot anymore,though she's quite capable and has pulled the carbs off and cleaned 'em out before,just no time really....

Come along on any of the rides I post up and you'll meet her..... :niceone:

edit:
OOPS,forgot the piccy.....

http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/honda-cbr400-90-bikepics-360234.jpg

Two Smoker
24th May 2005, 19:09
Also sorry to barge on in here... just wondering what the list of bikes are for vertically challenged people (my g/f is 5 foot 3)??? I dont have a clue being 6 foot... all i know is that it wont be a 600 supersports as i find myself on tippy toes...

Very nice bike Placid :niceone:

Velox
24th May 2005, 23:03
My blurb...
1) Honda Jade 250 (a bit like a Hornet)
2) 4 years on the road, a few years off road before that.
3) Wgtn.
4) I try and do what I can - oil changes, brake pads, sprockets (sometimes), and putting on new 'bits' - just the basic stuff. Mainly because I'm a poor student but also because I think it's good to know what's going on with yer bike. I totally rely on my bike for transport so I can't have it off the road for long anyway.

Hmmm - found a photo but can't work out how to attach it.

placidfemme
25th May 2005, 07:54
Also sorry to barge on in here... just wondering what the list of bikes are for vertically challenged people (my g/f is 5 foot 3)??? I dont have a clue being 6 foot... all i know is that it wont be a 600 supersports as i find myself on tippy toes...

Very nice bike Placid :niceone:

Hi Two Smoker... If you read up a few posts back you'll see a nice discussion on bikes for the shorter rider... Just a quick catch up:

1. Honda Hornet 250 (Wide Seat)
2. Suzuki Bandit 250
3. Suzuki GN250
4. Zeal 250
5. Suzuki FXR150 (Four height adjustment levels)
6. VTR 250 (Wide Seat)
7. Goose (770mm)
8. Beemer (780mm)
9. SV650
10. CMX 250
11. Suzuki GZ250

I think thats the list so far... Also I've noticed the choice leaning closer to the Bandit... Thin seat, sort of low ride height... and you could possibly talk the bike shop into lowering one if need be... Red Baron seems to be highly recommended here :) Ask for Dallas :ride:

placidfemme
25th May 2005, 07:55
My blurb...
1) Honda Jade 250 (a bit like a Hornet)
2) 4 years on the road, a few years off road before that.
3) Wgtn.
4) I try and do what I can - oil changes, brake pads, sprockets (sometimes), and putting on new 'bits' - just the basic stuff. Mainly because I'm a poor student but also because I think it's good to know what's going on with yer bike. I totally rely on my bike for transport so I can't have it off the road for long anyway.

Hmmm - found a photo but can't work out how to attach it.

Hi, thanks for posting... would be interesting to see a picture of the Jade... I don't think I've ever seen one. If you need any help uploading the image send me a PM and I'll help you out.

Ogri
25th May 2005, 10:01
Hello and welcome Placidfemmel

Low seat heights - you forgot the SV650 - I use the standard seat and still ok, although I have tried the low seat and it makes it just a bit tight on the legs for me!!! I think I'm about 5'3" the last time I checked, but age doesn't make you wiser - you only shrink!!

1. Bike - SV650K3 in NZ. Back in Scotland I had a Cagiva 750 Elefant and a Ducati 600SS - my only regret about moving to NZ - I didn't bring them!
2. Been riding for about 25 years (shit that kinda gives my age away)
3. Kawerau in the sunny (but slightly damp at the moment) Bay of Plenty
4. After market pipe (titanium off an R1!!). And yes, I do all my own maintenance - although the hubby sometimes washes it for me!!

Anytime you're down this neck of the woods - give me a yell and we'll "do lunch, ya"

:ride:

placidfemme
25th May 2005, 10:21
Hi :)

I added the SV650 to the list, sorry about that.

I've never been to BOP but if I head that way I'll let you know :D

*actually hasn't been many places in NZ*

MSTRS
25th May 2005, 12:17
Not sure of the model name, but I know a girl here who rides a Honda CMX250. It is a cruiser-style

v.ros`
25th May 2005, 12:36
*Sneaks in forum*

Not my forum but just to give u one more bike that could be helpful for those lacking height...

The suzuki GZ250. amazing bike (cruiser) and if im not mistaken, its around 4000 NZD (cheaper then most CBR u get from shops like red baron)

And if u remove the back seat, people actually think its like a mini version of a Harley...used that for 3.5 years and was amazing.

*also runs out of forum*

placidfemme
25th May 2005, 12:44
Just a quick catch up:

2. Suzuki Bandit 250
3. Suzuki GN250
4. Zeal 250
6. VTR 250 (Wide Seat)
7. Goose (770mm)
8. Beemer (780mm)
9. SV650
10. Honda Rebel CMX 250
11. Suzuki GZ250

I think thats the list so far... :ride:

lol all these men running in here :killingme

Thanks for the help :) the list keeps getting bigger... didn't realise there were so many choices...

Stroker Girl
25th May 2005, 13:09
Hi PlacidFemme

Great to see another chick join the biking ranks :D

I think I've posted this link somewhere before in the biker babe forum, but this is a UK website with heap of info for biker babes. There is a section for the vertically challenged (see link). Has more info on dealing with the height issue more than actual bikes but its a good read.

http://www.bikegirl.co.uk/resources/newbies/vertically_challenged.html

Bike: 1992 Honda VFR400 NC30, 1982 Honda XR200
Riding: About 1.5 years
Where: Pukekohe, Auckland
Maintenance: Trying to learn the basics and making my way slowly through the Haynes service manual! Get the major stuff done at a local mechanic.

Str8 Jacket
25th May 2005, 13:34
Im very much a newbie to riding bikes, and have been a pillion far more than a "rider". Over the last coupla-months or so I have tried out a few bikes, finally deciding on a GN250 . . .
I myself am of "smallish" size - being approx 160cm tall and weigh about 54 kilos so I did find it a struggle finding a bike I was comfortable with.
The bikes I tried where:
CBR250R - Too damn scary (and I only rode bout 100 metres)
Bandit 250 - awesome size and fit etc, just not quite right. . .
FXR150 - awesome but just don't want to have to upgrade when im more experienced . .
The GN' is comfy lightesh and just easier to handle for me.

Hope this helps?! . . .

Waylander
25th May 2005, 13:36
Not sure of the model name, but I know a girl here who rides a Honda CMX250. It is a cruiser-style

CMX is the Honda Rebel. The bike that Riff Raff used to ride.

placidfemme
25th May 2005, 13:39
Sweet thank you :) I'll have a look at that, and thanks for posting

jaybee180
25th May 2005, 18:15
Hi guys.

I've just bought a Honda VTR250 and I'm only 5'5" and can put both feet on the ground.

I've only just got my licence so haven't been long on the road at all and I'm from Hamilton.

If anyone is interested I got my bike from Dallas at Red Baron. He was most obliging and whenever I've had a problem I've just picked up the phone and called him (I won't tell you about the problems - not the bikes, mine!) he's been great and has rung me a couple of times to check that all is OK.

Riff Raff
25th May 2005, 18:39
CMX is the Honda Rebel. The bike that Riff Raff used to ride.
Yes it was a great little bike for getting back into riding after a break of 8 years. I've now got a K5 SV650S which I love - but I've also fallen seriously in love with the K5 GSXR1000 (sadly lack of funds mean that is only a dream).

My first bike was a 1967 Suzuki B120 - I caught up with the guy who has it now when I was at Manfield at the weekend (he's got it going again) and he's offered it back to me. I'm tempted .... if only so that we have a spare bike for White Trash!!!!!!!! :devil2:

LB
26th May 2005, 06:19
Ducati options:

M620 = 770mm
S2R = 800mm
M1000S = 800mm

Plus an inexhaustable supply of carbon fibre accessories is available.

Happy to discuss.

placidfemme
26th May 2005, 07:39
Ducati options:

M620 = 770mm
S2R = 800mm
M1000S = 800mm

Plus an inexhaustable supply of carbon fibre accessories is available.

Happy to discuss.

My partner would LOVE a Ducati... but unfortunatly she is only on her Learners...

*always wants a Ducati... and Kawasaki Ninja.... and and and...*

Just a quick catch up:

2. Suzuki Bandit 250
3. Suzuki GN250
4. Zeal 250
6. VTR 250 (Wide Seat)
7. Goose (770mm)
8. Beemer (780mm)
9. SV650
10. Honda Rebel CMX 250
11. Suzuki GZ250
12. Ducati - M620 - 770mm
13. Ducati - S2R - 800mm
14. Ducati - M1000S - 800mm

I think thats the list so far... :ride:

Maximus
26th May 2005, 08:30
Hi there!!
This maybe a stoopid question, but are you aware that on her Learners licence and Restricted your partner would not be able to ride anything over 250cc?
BTW, love your signature!!

placidfemme
26th May 2005, 08:39
Hi there!!
This maybe a stoopid question, but are you aware that on her Learners licence and Restricted your partner would not be able to ride anything over 250cc?
BTW, love your signature!!

Thank you, I only added that into my signature yesterday...

Yeah we know we can't ride anything over 250cc. Which kind of sucks... but it's for our own safety I suppose... I don't mind though... I love my bike, and it gives me time to save towards the bike I REALLY want when I get my full license (A Kawasaki ZX6-R yippie!!!! or a Yamaha R1).

My partner wants to find a suitable 250 (we're going bike shopping in 2 months) and once she has her full she wants to get into cruiser type bikes...

Goddess of Goof
29th May 2005, 03:10
Hello KB Angels - good to see some action on "our" thread

I've got two bikes, a Suzuki RF 400cc Sportbike Tourer, which I brought from Colemans with the seat already lowered, so my tootsies touch the tarmac. I'm 5.5" so its sweet to ride, but a bit heavy. I've grown into it though, and I do think that after your first bike, you do build up yer skills towards whatever you choose to ride.

Other bike is the one I first got back into riding on. I owned it for 2-3 years, then had the chance to buy it back. It's a Yamaha FZR 250cc; an oldie but a goodie.

Such a shame that they have stopped manufacturing the four-stroke 250's - because they were perfect for lighter sized riders. I love mine; it was an import from Red Baron, and I always got excellent after sales support from them..... the bike's in my garage waiting for a damn good tune and service.

If I was Goddess of All Bikes - if only - I'd command the reinstatement of lovely small, fast, smooth sportbikes - suitably styled and trick coloured just for us to look really cool on,
and overtake bigger bikes on the TWISTIES :yes:

I live in Auckland.

I reckon we Auckland KB babes ought to meet for a Long Latte Ride, ie Meet at Papakura Autobahn for the morning fix....... to another cafe in the City for the thirst that sets in after riding for awhile...... (suggestions?) (There's one near Cornwall Park but I've forgotten its name) then out to Muriwai Cafe for lunch.
Lots of opportunity to socialise and not too long for any smaller bikes or newbie riders. Guys welcome of course. They can do the Coromandel loop while we do three or four cafes and still catch us up at lunchtime :whistle:

:grouphug:

FEINT
31st May 2005, 00:20
My g/f rides my CB400 and my previous CBR250RR. This list (of bikes for shorter riders) was sent to her by someone on the forum. I don't remember who it was.

Well, here it is anyway. :)

http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/sbl.sbl.html#cat3

placidfemme
1st June 2005, 07:37
Sweet thanks for the list...

*is starting to think there is no height issue with bikes.... theres just too many of them*

The ride idea sounds good BestFun, let us know if you set any dates or anything, you might want to start a new thread and see who is keen.

Tam aka placid

Charlie
10th June 2005, 13:31
Better late than never...

I am new to riding, and when looking for my 1st bike I was pushed the the GN250's. But I wanted something bigger, sportier looking, so just bought myself a 95 Honda 25V Xelvis. A what you ask? Yeah have attached a pic, they're not common. Is pretty big for a 250cc yet very light and so comfortable to ride. (And while were discussing height, I'm 173cm and of slight-medium build).

Am from Wellington and havent had my bike long enough to work on it yet, but am keen to learn and get into doing the maint. myself.

Hi to you all!!!

placidfemme
10th June 2005, 15:19
Hi Charlie

thanks for adding in your information, I've never heard of your type of bike before but it looks cool :)

Charlie
10th June 2005, 16:26
Yeah I get that alot!!! God help if I drop it and need body parts!!!!

Indiana_Jones
10th June 2005, 16:29
Where are all the pretty ladies at?

Boo-yah :D

-Indy

placidfemme
11th June 2005, 09:11
Where are all the pretty ladies at?

Boo-yah :D

-Indy

there were none till you walked in :) j/k

lol I think we get an even amount of posts from both men and women in the "womens" section :ride:

Well hopefully Charlie you won't drop your bike, thats always the plan :ride: Ride safe :)

Indiana_Jones
11th June 2005, 15:14
there were none till you walked in :) j/k

lol I think we get an even amount of posts from both men and women in the "womens" section :ride:

Well hopefully Charlie you won't drop your bike, thats always the plan :ride: Ride safe :)

Thanks honey. Pick me up later :niceone:

Edit: Another shore rider :D yay

-Indy

FROSTY
11th June 2005, 16:26
Say PF ya need to talk to Madduck. She has had the same problem.
One comment I would make is that a lot of bikes can have their seats modified to suit shorter riders. For example I could cut about 50mm of foam out of the FXR seat and still have plenty of padding.
Mind you keep in mind my rear doesn't spend a lot of time in the seat.

Beemer
11th June 2005, 17:47
That's quite a neat bike Charlie, it looks a lot like a Yamaha Diversion. If you're 173cm then you probably won't understand the problems the shorties amongst us have, you're a giant! You're about 5'8", so if the bike is just right for you, then it would be way too big for most of us. I'm 153cm - 20cm shorter than you - and by the sound of it, a lot of those looking for suitable bikes for learners aren't much taller.

While a lot of bikes can be modified to suit shorter riders, many are still not a good option as they are very wide - my Beemer is a prime example. Nothing much you can do to change this as the width is what causes problems. Someone suggested an up-and-over measurement which is a good idea as it would sort out which bikes are the best for shorties!

Lucyloo
11th June 2005, 17:53
I reckon we Auckland KB babes ought to meet for a Long Latte Ride, ie Meet at Papakura Autobahn for the morning fix....... to another cafe in the City for the thirst that sets in after riding for awhile...... (suggestions?) (There's one near Cornwall Park but I've forgotten its name) then out to Muriwai Cafe for lunch.
Lots of opportunity to socialise and not too long for any smaller bikes or newbie riders. Guys welcome of course. They can do the Coromandel loop while we do three or four cafes and still catch us up at lunchtime :whistle:

:grouphug:

This sounds like a fine idea. :yes:
Anyone else keen?

Indiana_Jones
11th June 2005, 18:16
Anyone else keen?

If my bike was alive, i'd say yes more then likely, but she has gone down on me (pun intended :devil2: )

-Indy

crashe
11th June 2005, 18:29
I'm 4ft 12 inches tall and I ride a Yamaha Virago 250cc cruiser.
Just the right height for me... see my avator pic.
My bike is my baby :love:

I'm a westie....

Been back riding for the past 5 years and loving it.
I did ride many a year ago thou...lol.

Yep I do some work on my bike, and sometimes I have a wee helping hand from a good friend of mine.

At the mo thou I am not allowed to ride my bike until at least the beginning of July. (recovering from adominal Hysterectomy)
But I will be back riding.

I have been on many a KB ride and enjoyed riding with everyone.
Done the Coromandel loop twice now... and only stopped for a lunch break which was good. dunno about those coffee breaks thou...lol Just grab a bottle of fluid and pitstop when ya have to refuel up.
The Coromandel Loop is a great bike ride and its a long one.

I have ridden with MadDuck, Riff Raff, Lucyloo and Draco so far...
Well should I say they took off past me... hehehehe
cos Im the Queen of slow on the KB rides.
:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

I have sorta ridden with Surfchick but ummm she ended up with a flat tyre...

Mr Skid
11th June 2005, 19:02
Anyone else keen?I've been told I ride like a girl.
Can I come?

Lucyloo
12th June 2005, 22:06
I've been told I ride like a girl.
Can I come?

You don't ride like a girl........we ride much faster than you! :rofl:

When you get your new bike let me know and you can come and ride with the WIMA gals!
x

placidfemme
13th June 2005, 07:49
You don't ride like a girl........we ride much faster than you! :rofl:

When you get your new bike let me know and you can come and ride with the WIMA gals!
x

I was looking at joining WIMA a while back but couldn't find enough info on them... would you be able to PM me any info? Thanks in advance...

Hey crashe, hope your feeling 100% soon and back on your bike :) you must be missing it heaps

My partner and I are keen to go on a group ride sometime, but doing our restricteds soon and then the Ride Right Ride Safe course this weekend, and then hopefully next week my partner gets her new bike (A ZXR250 -- She FINALLY took my advise and had a scoot around Akoranga Campus car park on my ZXR, the ride height is perfect for her as the ZXR is fairly low...) But anyway as soon as she's on her new bike we'll be keen to join any group rides to get our experience up :)

crashe
13th June 2005, 17:05
Hey crashe, hope your feeling 100% soon and back on your bike :) you must be missing it heaps

My partner and I are keen to go on a group ride sometime, but doing our restricteds soon and then the Ride Right Ride Safe course this weekend, and then hopefully next week my partner gets her new bike (A ZXR250 -- She FINALLY took my advise and had a scoot around Akoranga Campus car park on my ZXR, the ride height is perfect for her as the ZXR is fairly low...) But anyway as soon as she's on her new bike we'll be keen to join any group rides to get our experience up :)

Cheers.... I hope so toooo as well... sometime in July I should be back riding...

The course you are doing this weekend, I did it 5 years ago... a great course..
listen and learn and do as they say..... and it will make a huge difference.
When you arrive, take ya keys out of your bike, dont go near your bike unless they say so and don't turn on the bike unless they say so... hehehe.
Have fun learning to countersteer, weaving and riding the plank.

placidfemme
13th June 2005, 17:13
Cheers.... I hope so toooo as well... sometime in July I should be back riding...

The course you are doing this weekend, I did it 5 years ago... a great course..
listen and learn and do as they say..... and it will make a huge difference.
When you arrive, take ya keys out of your bike, dont go near your bike unless they say so and don't turn on the bike unless they say so... hehehe.
Have fun learning to countersteer, weaving and riding the plank.

I'm looking forward to it... I've proberly picked up a few bad habits as it is...

Riding the plank sounds like fun :)

Indiana_Jones
13th June 2005, 17:35
And still a little boy waits :whistle:

-Indy

crashe
13th June 2005, 18:25
Riding the plank sounds like fun :)

yep and its only about 6 inches wide.... dead easy to do. :ride:

They will correct any wee bad habits that you have picked up....hehehehe.

Indiana_Jones
13th June 2005, 21:01
I'm avaliable...... :whocares:

Thought I would make good use of post 1000 :rofl:

-Indy

placidfemme
14th June 2005, 07:46
I'm avaliable...... :whocares:

Thought I would make good use of post 1000 :rofl:

-Indy

lol well done 100 posts! Have you done the Ride Right Ride Safe course Indiana_Jones?

Crashe: Anything else I should be prepared for? Should I take a pen and paper?

crashe
14th June 2005, 10:36
Crashe: Anything else I should be prepared for? Should I take a pen and paper?

Ummm I don't think I took pen and paper... but throw some in your backpack just in case. I still have the paperwork that I was given.
Oh and take your lunch, a drink and some snack bars to munch on. That is not supplied.

You can buy a badge after you have completed the course. They are $10 each going on memory.

You will thoroughly enjoy the course. They teach you heaps.
They do a classroom section as well... teaching you about cornering the correct way. And teach you about sudden braking.

They do go and check out your bike and see if all is set up correctly for you... and advise what needs changing. BUT dont go near your bike or anyone else's unless they tell you... and DON'T start the bike up unless they tell you.

When I did the course, one or two bikes needed a few adjustments done...

But most important LISTEN and LEARN. Don't chatter in class.
The course is so worth while, and learn from what they tell you.

Ummm might pay to have you and your partner on different sides of the room etc hehehehe so that you do both listen and not chatter.... etc hehehehe.

Just have fun, its the best course to do. It is one that I highly recommend.

Let us know what you think of the course.

placidfemme
14th June 2005, 11:10
I will do :) I'm still debating on wether to take a pack rack or just my backpack... but thats sweet...

Don't talk
Don't start or go near the bike unless told to

hehe

*thinks I can manage that*

Virago
15th June 2005, 00:43
I'm 4ft 12 inches tall and I ride a Yamaha Virago 250cc cruiser.
Just the right height for me......
Just to add my vote for the Virago 250 for the ultra-short ladies.

Attached is a vid (1.2mb) of my 16 year old daughter, trying out a Virago for size. She's under 4'10", but could handle the Virago with ease. Feet on the ground (just), and no problems with the bike's weight.

A little 250 cruiser like the virago is purrfect for her. Now if she could only talk her father into buying her one........ :scooter:

Waylander
15th June 2005, 00:48
Just to add my vote for the Virago 250 for the ultra-short ladies.

Attached is a vid (1.2mb) of my 16 year old daughter, trying out a Virago for size. She's under 4'10", but could handle the Virago with ease. Feet on the ground (just), and no problems with the bike's weight.

A little 250 cruiser like the virago is purrfect for her. Now if she could only talk her father into buying her one........ :scooter:

Come on.:niceone: Be one of the cool dads and buy it for her.:yes: Look how well she handles it. Come on mate, ya know you want to.:Punk:

Also where can I get risers like those? Have a set of drag bars I want to put on mine but can't frin any risers to get them up high enough to be comfortable.

Virago
15th June 2005, 01:06
Come on.:niceone: Be one of the cool dads and buy it for her.:yes: Look how well she handles it. Come on mate, ya know you want to.:Punk:

Also where can I get risers like those? Have a set of drag bars I want to put on mine but can't frin any risers to get them up high enough to be comfortable.
Yeah, I want to. Trouble is, with 3 cars, 1 bike, and a trailer already, neither the wife or bank manager will permit the purchase of another toy......

The risers / bars on that bike are not very common, it's the only one I've seen like that. It's for sale at Honda Otago:

http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=717938&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

A bit dear for my liking, it's a 12 year old import, a bit rough, and they want $5K for it.

crashe
15th June 2005, 12:25
Ok my mate just brought an import recently and it had the same handlebars on it. She had the bike shop put on handlebars like mine, because of her wrists. Also it wasnt as old as the one you are looking at.... plus it also have very low kms on it. She paid $4,995 for hers. Hers was (i think) a '96 model blue and silver/grey.

The Virago cruiser does seem to hold the price....

BTW your daughter handles the bike really well... see if the shop will take cash and drop $500 to $1000 off the asking price.

Waylander Pm me if you want to know where the handlebars are (shop name)... as far as I know they were not put on another bike.

DebK
15th June 2005, 22:58
Hi all,

1 - 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636) & Italjet Dragster 180
2 - Riding for a couple of years but grew up on a farm down south so had been blatting around on bikes while a teenager (read: Tom Boy)
3 - Wellington
4 - Brand new bike so shouldn't have to do too much for now. Scooter doesn't need any maintanence other than a good spit & polish when required... it's for sale by the way...

Cheers,
Deb

placidfemme
16th June 2005, 08:18
Hi all,

1 - 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636) & Italjet Dragster 180
2 - Riding for a couple of years but grew up on a farm down south so had been blatting around on bikes while a teenager (read: Tom Boy)
3 - Wellington
4 - Brand new bike so shouldn't have to do too much for now. Scooter doesn't need any maintanence other than a good spit & polish when required... it's for sale by the way...

Cheers,
Deb

Hi DebK

Thanks for putting in your info :)

surfchick
16th June 2005, 18:12
1 bike is stealthy white srv250
2 been riding 3 months
3 west auckland
4 i only do ze basics..first sign of wierd noises me go find a biker buddy that knowz somtin more dan me

placidfemme
18th June 2005, 14:05
1 bike is stealthy white srv250
2 been riding 3 months
3 west auckland
4 i only do ze basics..first sign of wierd noises me go find a biker buddy that knowz somtin more dan me

Hi and thanks for adding in your info :)

Good to see how many women bikers are out there :ride:

Indiana_Jones
18th June 2005, 14:34
Good to see how many women bikers are out there :ride:

Yes, it is :D

-Indy

Acid Drop
27th June 2005, 13:58
Late as-per usual, hope you are still interested...
1. What bike do you ride? Honda NC30 '91, pic in profile. Also XL250 Honda, TT225 yammy, and beluga80(hehehe)
2. How long have you been riding for? since I was 13
3. Where do you live ...west of Palmy North
4. Do you work on your own bike? Yes, haven't met anything i couldn't do(to a bike)yet.

Like; long rides...twisty bits...warm pubs...cold beers...

placidfemme
27th June 2005, 16:26
Late as-per usual, hope you are still interested...
1. What bike do you ride? Honda NC30 '91, pic in profile. Also XL250 Honda, TT225 yammy, and beluga80(hehehe)
2. How long have you been riding for? since I was 13
3. Where do you live ...west of Palmy North
4. Do you work on your own bike? Yes, haven't met anything i couldn't do(to a bike)yet.

Like; long rides...twisty bits...warm pubs...cold beers...

Hey Acid Drop,

Welcome to the board and to the Biker Angels section :)

thanks for putting in your info, not too sure how many other biker angels live out your way, but would be nice if you all meet up for a ride... :) :ride:

oldenuf
27th June 2005, 20:22
Hi, better late then never huh... Ive been riding on and off since i was 16, ive now got teenagers. riding keeps me sane! First bike was a step thru honda 50, next a yamaha rd250,had a break for a few years then bought a honda cb500 to tour around the S.Island with a bunch of friends and it seems my future husband(hes a bike mechanic)grin..Ended up havin kids etc etc..got the urge a couple of years ago an bought a gsx 400 to sharpen up the old and rusty skills. Husband got itchy fingers to and bought a rough cbx 750..which i later seemed to take over..he he. Soooo we went lookin again for his new bike and bought a 1997 rf900..which i have now taken over...again. Have sold the 750 so will be looking again...he he! I live in Cambridge in the Waikato and dont have to worry about doin work on said bike because i married a Mechanic..clever huh..I love goin for long rides and commute to Papakura regularly,whatever the weather. I am really enjoying this site even tho I dont know any of you..

placidfemme
28th June 2005, 08:05
Hi, better late then never huh... Ive been riding on and off since i was 16, ive now got teenagers. riding keeps me sane! First bike was a step thru honda 50, next a yamaha rd250,had a break for a few years then bought a honda cb500 to tour around the S.Island with a bunch of friends and it seems my future husband(hes a bike mechanic)grin..Ended up havin kids etc etc..got the urge a couple of years ago an bought a gsx 400 to sharpen up the old and rusty skills. Husband got itchy fingers to and bought a rough cbx 750..which i later seemed to take over..he he. Soooo we went lookin again for his new bike and bought a 1997 rf900..which i have now taken over...again. Have sold the 750 so will be looking again...he he! I live in Cambridge in the Waikato and dont have to worry about doin work on said bike because i married a Mechanic..clever huh..I love goin for long rides and commute to Papakura regularly,whatever the weather. I am really enjoying this site even tho I dont know any of you..

Welcome to the site and good on you for firstly... having a mechanic as a partner :2thumbsup:

And don't worry about not knowing anyone on here... lol just pick someone and give them heaps of shit and eveyone will know who you are and then a week later they'll forget the fighting but still remember you :) lol Or you could just join into the conversation at any time...

Everyone here are great people (they ride bikes... how could they not be?)

Maybe we'll all meet you sometime when a ride is heading up your way :)

Eurygnomes
28th June 2005, 10:01
If you're 173cm then you probably won't understand the problems the shorties amongst us have, you're a giant!

Hey Beemer!! Us Amazons aren't giants, merely, er, well built! :) I'm 173 too, and I've just bought my GN250. I can get my feet on the ground with a substantial bend in my legs. It's not the bike I REALLY want (though I want it pretty bad till it gets to Wellington anyway), but it's a good 'solid' learner bike, and I'm kind of an apprehensive/take-it-easy learner anyway, so I figured it'd look after me. I got it quite inexpensively, for a 2005 bike (only $2000) which appealed as I don't do maintenance (engines? enigmas more like!). So to summarise:

1) GN250. Blue. Won't have a name till I meet her, but will be christened soon after. The one I used for my basic skills was named "Bluetooth" (she was blue, her number was 2).
2) I forget the order of the questions. I'm in Wellington
3) I've been riding for, um, 4 days. :)
4) Would like to, I fancy the idea of taking things apart, cleaning them up, putting them back together again, and then hiding the part that didn't make it into the reconstruction!

placidfemme
28th June 2005, 10:26
4) Would like to, I fancy the idea of taking things apart, cleaning them up, putting them back together again, and then hiding the part that didn't make it into the reconstruction!

lol yeah and you can put it in the "bit and pieces" box for later :)

crashe
28th June 2005, 13:31
Hell no, never have a bolt or screw left over after putting the bike back together...
It could be a very important part.

placidfemme
28th June 2005, 13:33
lol yeah thats why I'm holding off working on my own bike until I know a bit more... lol if I did work on my own bike... in 5 years time I'd have enough left over bits to make a new bike lol

jase the ace
2nd July 2005, 10:37
gee , with a bmw and suzuki , u really need a radar detector.. buy one for andy also . cheers jason ........
1. What bike do you ride?
I've got two - a 2002 BMW F650CS and a 2005 Suzuki SG350N (aka Goose). No mods apart from personalised plates and a stick-on clock on the Goose! But the Beemer is fully optioned - ABS, heated grips, power socket, etc.
I began riding in 1998 (in my late 30s I might add!) and got my full licence in December 1999. I'd been a pillion in the past but had never ridden until then.
I live just north of Levin.
Nope, that's what husbands are for! Mine is mad keen on bikes and does most of his own maintenance so he does anything that needs doing on my bike. I've never really been interested in that side of things, I just love the look of bikes and what it feels like to ride them!

Beemer
2nd July 2005, 11:29
Hello Jason! Yep, we could both do with radar detectors at times! Andy usually borrows one for the 1000 Miler, now we don't do so much touring we can't really justify the expense of buying one. Maybe if he upgrades his bike in the future... he could need one then!

monster
2nd July 2005, 22:32
Hello ladies,Great thread!
1. 1990 Suzi GSXR250 (my first love) & 1994 Ducati M600 (the other woman)
2. About 3 years...now that I think about it.
3. Auckland.
4. Yes. My husband makes me. He's an ex bike mechanic. He insists it's so important!! When I'm on my own, roadside with mechanical prob's (heaven forbid), batting my eyelashes and flashing curvature isn't his preferred option.

I am about to pull down the duchess to have some bits vapour blasted and give her a wee bit of a tidy up. She has some oxidation due to salt used on the roads in the UK where she was born. Looks crusty. Not a good look for royalty.

Nice to see so many Ladies on this site. I've been taking my time, working my way around it. It's very cool. And helpful, reassuring, and supportive. Like E-underwire. :D

placidfemme
4th July 2005, 07:40
Hello ladies,Great thread!
1. 1990 Suzi GSXR250 (my first love) & 1994 Ducati M600 (the other woman)
2. About 3 years...now that I think about it.
3. Auckland.
4. Yes. My husband makes me. He's an ex bike mechanic. He insists it's so important!! When I'm on my own, roadside with mechanical prob's (heaven forbid), batting my eyelashes and flashing curvature isn't his preferred option.

I am about to pull down the duchess to have some bits vapour blasted and give her a wee bit of a tidy up. She has some oxidation due to salt used on the roads in the UK where she was born. Looks crusty. Not a good look for royalty.

Nice to see so many Ladies on this site. I've been taking my time, working my way around it. It's very cool. And helpful, reassuring, and supportive. Like E-underwire. :D

lol welcome to KB. Thanks for adding in your information :) Good to see your in Auckland, might see you on the road soon :) Ride Safe :ride:

debz
6th July 2005, 09:55
Hello Placidfemme, Debz here, I'm new to this site too. Have been riding motorcross over the years, just brought a cruiser, (spose to be a virago but I ended up with) Honda Magna 250cc, live in Cambridge, cant upload the photo for some reason, keeps saying error, but the pic's small enough so who knows. Its flash and silver, Vtwin, sissy bar for me pack etc. So I'm off to learn the road all over again. Dont have any special lingo to speak about it, but I'm sure I'll pick some up on my way through here. I love this bike as its so nice and low for my almost 5ft 2 inches of height, I can actually put my feet flat on the ground whilst stopping, now thats comfort and safety for me.

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 10:45
Hello Placidfemme, Debz here, I'm new to this site too. Have been riding motorcross over the years, just brought a cruiser, (spose to be a virago but I ended up with) Honda Magna 250cc, live in Cambridge, cant upload the photo for some reason, keeps saying error, but the pic's small enough so who knows. Its flash and silver, Vtwin, sissy bar for me pack etc. So I'm off to learn the road all over again. Dont have any special lingo to speak about it, but I'm sure I'll pick some up on my way through here. I love this bike as its so nice and low for my almost 5ft 2 inches of height, I can actually put my feet flat on the ground whilst stopping, now thats comfort and safety for me.

Hey Debz, welcome to KB. Thanks for posting your details. good to see more and more female bikers out there... Hope to catch up with you some time on a ride :) And as always... ride safe :ride:

Keystone19
6th July 2005, 10:51
Hi guys and gals, just to add to the collection here, I ride a Honda VTR250, I've been riding about 2 months, I live in deepest, darkest West Auckland, and I do some of my own maintenance - just the basics, e.g. chain, tyres etc. Hubby is a mechanic so he helps me out with the more technical stuff :yes:

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 12:21
Hi guys and gals, just to add to the collection here, I ride a Honda VTR250, I've been riding about 2 months, I live in deepest, darkest West Auckland, and I do some of my own maintenance - just the basics, e.g. chain, tyres etc. Hubby is a mechanic so he helps me out with the more technical stuff :yes:

Hey there

Thanks for adding in your deatils...

Have you heard whether the ride right ride safe thing will be taking the people who didn't finish the course at the next course? And if we'd have to pay again?

[Edit] lol I'm stocked that my thread has now made it to 7 pages... woooooo hoooooo!!

Keystone19
6th July 2005, 12:37
Hi PF

Yeah, my understanding is that you can sign up to do the course again without paying. I'll PM you Peggy's email. She has the dates and stuff.

K19

Beemer
6th July 2005, 14:48
Hey Acid Drop, have you joined any bike clubs in Palmerston North? Our club (Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club) has quite a few female members, riding a variety of bikes. You've just missed our last meeting (Monday night) but they are held on the first Monday of the month at the Awahuri Tavern (on the right as you come into PN from south - near the racecourse) - we used to be in the front bar but now we're in the side bar.

The next meeting is the AGM, so all are welcome. There are quite a few women on bikes in PN and we'd have 14 in our club of about 60 members.

learner_chick
13th October 2005, 15:34
im ot currently riding. i am learning a you can tell from m,y user name. i do however have a suzuki fs\xr 150 at home, slightly too big for me but yeah.

_Gina_
18th October 2005, 12:59
1. Kawasaki ZXR400sp (which I ride) and a 2003 Honda VTR1000 which I will be riding when my partner (stifarms) buys a new one...
2. Not long really : ) but long enough to know the importance of my own safety out there.
3. Tuakau, just outside of Auckland
4. Have the ability, but my partner is a qualified mechanic and seems to enjoy doing the work on my bike so who am I to complain??:devil2:

evie
28th October 2005, 17:26
Hi Everyone, Well i've got a humble little Suzuki GN250, i've been riding for a month now (total newbie), I'm from a little place called Wellington and i haven't yet graduated to 'knowing what i'm doing' so i won't dare try and mess with anything concerning my bike although i definately hope to when i do know a little more.

Unit
28th October 2005, 19:07
Hi

I've noticed in the few weeks I've been a member at KB that this section of the forum is pretty quiet so I've got a few questions...

So yeah... I'll start I guess..

1. Ducati 900ss
2. 19 years
3. Whangarei
4. Would love to but too challenged. I can check the oil, does that count? :mellow:
To me, it doesnt matter what you ride, so long as your out there doing it thats what counts.

Cibby
30th October 2005, 02:05
i hate when threads get so long that you cant be arsed reading the 6 pages in between...

Good to see so many chickies on hot bikes thou.. luving ladies

I ride CBR250RR
Been riding for 4 months
Cant remember the other questions..
I do ride to work.. Gotta love helmet hair with a suit.

coco
30th October 2005, 06:56
Hi

~~~*~~~

1. 1992 Kawasaki ZXR250C (Mods: Aftermarket Pipe, Custom Fuel line, Quater turn throttle, blue LED light under seat, Honda clock, Racing chain/sprocket and an alarm coming soon)
3. North Shore, Auckland

Hi,

I would be really intertested in meeting up with other like minded ladies for regular rides, coffee and bike talk etc.

I have been riding for about 25 years here and in Europe, currently I own a Truimph TT 600, live in Kingsland, Auck, and as far as maintenance goes I do some basics.

Hope too meet you all soon

avgas
30th October 2005, 07:55
Sapphire - 89 ZXR 4
(Laser exhaust, jetted carbs, good filters, plugs.....its all in the 'bikes for sale' section)

2. How long have you been 'her' riding for?
Since i was able to ride again (since June last year)

3. Where do you live?
Auckland (unfortunately), Off Dommion rd

Yes, but this one i havent had to do much

vixta
5th November 2005, 09:55
2003 Triumph Speedmaster (800)
Been riding for 10 months (2 Months legally)
Invercargill
Had a bike 10 years ago, then had the family
Bike i learned on this year was a CMX 250 (Honda Rebel)
done 6000miles on my trumpy since Feb this year! Not too bad
Only work i have done on my bike is took pipes off (Got them put through a drop saw!), oil chain, helped put on billet indicators etc... :niceone:

Beemer
5th November 2005, 10:45
Sapphire - 89 ZXR 4
(Laser exhaust, jetted carbs, good filters, plugs.....its all in the 'bikes for sale' section)

2. How long have you been 'her' riding for?
Since i was able to ride again (since June last year)

3. Where do you live?
Auckland (unfortunately), Off Dommion rd

Yes, but this one i havent had to do much

Since when did you become a GIRL? I think the thread was started for women to show off their bikes! Damned interlopers!

yungatart
5th November 2005, 11:02
Since when did you become a GIRL? I think the thread was started for women to show off their bikes! Damned interlopers!
Perhaps he's been secretly having the "treatment"- y'know-drugs, cut 'n'tuck...

vixta
5th November 2005, 11:32
Why do i get the feeling that i am the only one from Invercargill!!!! :crybaby:

crashe
5th November 2005, 12:17

Move up to Auckland then... heaps of women riders up here... :spudwave:

Rashika
5th November 2005, 12:22
yeah you probably are :dodge:

but does it count that I USED to live there? ....many many years ago :spudwave:

Are ya gonna try to make it up north for some of the rallys? Like magpie madness in 2 weeks or maybe the March hare in march next year?

buellbabe
6th December 2005, 12:41
Hi

I'm pretty new to this KB thing and haven't figured out how to get piccies onto my posts yet but rest assured there will be a pic of my Baby soon ;-)

1. 1999 Buell X1 Lightning, its black and beulltiful, apart from exhaust and air-cleaner its relatively standard at present but have plans for some customising when the finances improve.
In the past have owned: yamaha Trail bike, 883HD sportster, 1200 HD sporty, 1200-customised-superfast-sportser Sport...
and ridden but couldn't afford ... HD Fatboy, Deuce and most recently ( in Canada ) a Heritage Soft-tail
2. nearly 22 years and every day I love it more
3. Sth Auckland
4. Not really, will do basic stuff but Buells can be bitchy in terms of needing custom tools for some jobs....

By the way its great to see so many "chicks" into bikes!
:rockon: :2thumbsup

chic 'n' charge
3rd January 2006, 19:09
I've got a 1994 ZX9R B4 - blue, silver and black (Original colour of this model is maroon, silver and black).
Been riding for about 14 years.
Started riding a 100cc, then 250cc, then 400cc, now 900cc!!! yeeehaaa is all I can say.
Live in Blenheim (moved from ChCh over a year ago)
Don't work on my bike anymore, use the local Kawasaki dealer up here.

KATWYN
3rd January 2006, 20:55
Hi

~~~*~~~

3. North Shore, Auckland

1/ 2001 Blue Yamaha R6. With after market arrow exhaust

2/ Riding on road and off road for 6 - 7 years

3/ Hibiscus coast

4/ Don't work on my own bike

ykatochic
24th January 2006, 11:16
1. HD883 Sportster (now kitted out to a 1200) lots of added chrome and a new paint job in 2004:2thumbsup
2. been riding since 2001 (but before that had never been on a bike in my life - now can't imagine life without her!)
3. Life in the sunny BOP (Tauranga, mind you, at the moment there is a gale force storm happening!!)
4. Ahh, that would be a no, Hubby has that part covered.

wybmadiity
24th January 2006, 15:33
1. What bike do you ride? (can include a picture and list of mod's if you like)Suzuki GSX 250 (sorry no pics
2. How long have you been riding for? - got my learners in november but have only just started open road riding, still a bit of a chicken with cornering but getting better.
3. Where do you live (ie Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton e.tc. so we can see if enough of us live close by to maybe organise a ride sometime)Te Puke
4. Do you work on your own bike? - Boyfriend shows me how to do it and I do it

I work in hospitality, tuesdays off, and able to do short rides during day. Anyone want a slow ride let me know.

Rosie
25th January 2006, 07:48

I've got a Kawasaki KRR 150. Owned it for 1.5 weeks and will hopefully be getting my licence soon.
I live in Rotorua.
Haven't worked on my bike yet, but Mr Rosie will be able to give me a hand. It's only been on the road a year, so I'll probably keep taking it for scheduled services for a while anyway.
24597 24598

GN1NiteStnd
15th February 2006, 08:57
1- GN250
2- since November 2004
3- Hastings
4- No, but learning