PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Bikes?

Fart
24th May 2005, 15:27
I am thinking of getting a pocket bike for fun. Anyone have any recommendations or things I should watch out for? Cheers.

Sutage
24th May 2005, 15:28
Trucks....

White trash
24th May 2005, 15:30
I am thinking of getting a pocket bike for fun. Anyone have any recommendations or things I should watch out for? Cheers.

Get a 40cc LC Blatta or Blata replica. 80kph at 16000rpm. Magic.

Fart
24th May 2005, 15:35
Get a 40cc LC Blatta or Blata replica. 80kph at 16000rpm. Magic.

Awesome ! Where can I buy one and how much?

Trucks....

I am more concerned about my girlfriend backing her car into my bikes. :whistle:

placidfemme
24th May 2005, 15:49
Trucks....

LMAO

*really bored at work and that made my afternoon lol*

White trash
24th May 2005, 15:58
Awesome ! Where can I buy one and how much?

I am more concerned about my girlfriend backing her car into my bikes. :whistle:

PM on the way.

Da Bird
24th May 2005, 17:31
Went to a crash last week where a guy literally got run down by a car while riding one of those little bikes on the road - at night time, no bike gear on (including helmet), ambos thought he might die but he pulled through. In my opinion they are more dangerous than riding a "real" bike.

BC

scooterboynz
24th May 2005, 17:36
hi ya , i got one but only ride it on the race track , its a cheap chinese copy of the more expensive italian ones , it breaks down a lot but its kinda fun fixing and knowing i fixed it myself ,,, also fun trying to get more power out of the little motor ,, mines good for about 50kph

Coyote
24th May 2005, 17:42
www.minimoto.co.nz and www.ecobikes.co.nz

Minimoto has the more serious italian bikes (like the GRC Midi RR, so awesome) whilst ecobikes has cheap mini choppers and electric mini bikes too

Sutage
24th May 2005, 19:23
heheheh, yeh they would be great fun on a track and road, but serioulsy be careful, big cars/trucks wnot see you and they will kill you, be sensible:D

Matt Bleck
24th May 2005, 19:27

why??????????

DEATH_INC.
24th May 2005, 19:29
We do the little one's,some that are a little bigger and have the lights etc,and the choppers.All cheap chinese stuff,you'll have lots of niggly probs with stuff falling off etc,but we haven't seen any terminal failures yet...... :whistle:

Fart
24th May 2005, 19:33
Do the frames hold up well under pressure from the Chinese made pocket bikes? I see there are some pretty cheap pocket bikes on Trademe for sale.

finerd
24th May 2005, 19:45
hi ya , i got one but only ride it on the race track , its a cheap chinese copy of the more expensive italian ones , it breaks down a lot but its kinda fun fixing and knowing i fixed it myself ,,, also fun trying to get more power out of the little motor ,, mines good for about 50kph

Agreed
The Chinese ones fall to bits, but once you iron out the small flaws
they are a crap load of fun to race.

And dont think Small bike small injury, despite a minimal distance to fall to the deck.
Its the opposite.
As in can be bone breaking....

PS if your in Taranaki and have one we are trying to set up racing meets
in Hawera Mitre 10 Carpark/ Possibly Waitara Gocart track. PM me.

Cheers

Mr Skid
24th May 2005, 20:05
Do the frames hold up well under pressure from the Chinese made pocket bikes?I hear they hold up better than new gixxer thou's :Pokey:

XTC
24th May 2005, 20:11
If you get one keep off the road with it as they give us all a bad name... Unless it's road legal and then just be careful and considerate...or you'll give us all a bad name... :)