PDA

View Full Version : New site style

SpankMe
24th May 2005, 19:53
Just testing a new site style. Still has a little bit of work to be done on it.

Let me know what ya think.

You can quickly change back to the old style on the bottom left of the page, or permanently change styles in your User CP.

louisb
24th May 2005, 19:56
Yeah not bad...

change is always good. blue writing on black background is bad.

Virago
24th May 2005, 19:56

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

(But don't quote me on that)

Waylander
24th May 2005, 19:57
What the heck? I just clicked on my user cp and everything went black and yellow. Looks bloddy awesome but caught me off gaurd. What's going on spank?

Here is a pic.

scumdog
24th May 2005, 19:58
Bloody scared the shit out of me when I came back onto this site after visiting another and saw THIS, once I got over the shock I thought it was o.k. :niceone:

BTW Was just checking Hondav2 travels on ADVrider site.

What?
24th May 2005, 19:58
She's a bit hard on the eyes, mate.

she_said
24th May 2005, 19:59
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12386 :niceone:

it looks farken mint :niceone:

Waylander
24th May 2005, 20:00
I think it looks cool. Caught me a bit offgaurd as I said in my thread. So far it looks like the area around the male/female symbol could use some work and the online/offline/invisable status thingy seems to not work anymore. Anyway as I said it looks cool and matches the logo. What happend to that anyway?

Edit: Damn your fast Spank. Merged my thread in with this one already.:killingme

FlangMasterJ
24th May 2005, 20:01
Yeah I have to admit the original scheme was a much nicer and a little more welcoming. :niceone:

XTC
24th May 2005, 20:01
Not too good on this thread and i think it's a bit hard on the eyes. I prefered the old style.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12384

MrMelon
24th May 2005, 20:02
Yarrr that's a bit too much contrast for my poor little eyes!

Blackbird
24th May 2005, 20:03
Sorry - too hard on the eyes. Besides, it will stick out like dog's balls when I'm having a sneaky shufty at work - don't want to draw attention now, do we????

bugjuice
24th May 2005, 20:07
whoa... who's got Apple's OS10.4? well, kinda...

kinda like it, kinda don't..

new buttons are nice, but the white on grey can be a little harsh, but like the yellow on grey. Caught me off guard too.

I'm on a few other forums where there's options for the look of the site. May be you could use the old one, or an updated version of the old one as the standard, then have themes like this as options.. Also the gifs all need a bit of a tidy too, white pixels around the edges...

could get used to it..

Where's the KB logo at the top gone?

Waylander
24th May 2005, 20:10
Red on black text looks bloody awesome though. (is it just me or am I useing that word more?)

Quasievil
24th May 2005, 20:12
Hate it, to hard on the eyes:nono:

Skunk
24th May 2005, 20:12
I had to change my options to see what you were talking about - now I can see it and it's yuck!

Back to UserCP - Options to force it back to how it was...

I prefer easy on the eyes stuff if I have to read...

Hitcher
24th May 2005, 20:14
Pwhoar!! Wassup with the colour scheme?

XTC
24th May 2005, 20:14
Actually it's growing on me now. I don't mind it so much....... Keep it a bit longer eh.

Mooch
24th May 2005, 20:15

The menus show greater contrast / impact than before . Makes the items such as Smilies really stand out.
Mid Blue text on the dark grey background is almost unreadable on high bright TFT LCD screens. Otherwise look pretty good.

SpankMe
24th May 2005, 20:16
Yep, me is starting to get sore eyes.

I like the look, but I'll think I will make it a secondary option.

You can quickly change styles on the bottom left of the page, or permanently change styles in your User CP.

Hitcher
24th May 2005, 20:16
Like it SERIOUSLY sucks! The colours don't work well together, icons aren't clearly delineated and it's generally hard to read.

If you want to put it back the way it was, I won't mind one bit!

SPORK
24th May 2005, 20:17
Pwhoar!! Wassup with the colour scheme?
Well, it's the same as it always was for me...

Hitcher
24th May 2005, 20:17
Yep, me is starting to get sore eyes.

I like the look, but I'll think I will make it a secondary option.

You can quickly change styles on the bottom left of the page, or permanently change styles in your User CP.
Whew! That is SO much better!

Skunk
24th May 2005, 20:21
How about some more colour themes in the same style as now. Say blue (as now), green, red, black etc?

sAsLEX
24th May 2005, 20:24
Yeah forums aint displaying across the whole screen at the mo either, firefox in linux!

the opposite prob i am haveing to the forum programme i am writing for uni!

bugjuice
24th May 2005, 20:24
is it affecting the posts too? Just tried to start a new thread, and it hung for ages. So I stopped it, and resubmitted it, and told me I had just made the same post. Did a search for my new post, and came up no matches!!

danb
24th May 2005, 20:25
Haha throught i had gone to the wrong site espically when i didnt see the KB logo at the top.

LOL this remindes me of hacking and game websites.

I say good idea but the members of this site need to be able to change which I have seen you can do now.

Kickaha
24th May 2005, 20:28
Hate it, to hard on the eyes:nono:

Wot he said

mangell6
24th May 2005, 20:35
Whew! That is SO much better!

Oh so true!

MadDuck
24th May 2005, 20:44
...scratching around for my sunglasses - older ones will remember some song "I wear my sunglasses at night". I think PaulNZ proly had that song featuring at the last rally.

justsomeguy
24th May 2005, 20:55
hehehehe,

It's like reaching a new stage of a video game.

A bit more similar to the colour scheme of the KB logo eh??

:niceone:

Big Dave
24th May 2005, 21:00
I like it.
Some of the smileys & gifs don't. White matte.

Ms Piggy
24th May 2005, 21:03
Nope - I don't like, don't like it at all...it's good that you've made it so you can change it back if ya want. :niceone:

Sensei
24th May 2005, 21:03
Nah not the best effort . Like the Old style .

ZorsT
24th May 2005, 21:09
it gave me a bit of a shock, but I'm over it now...

I have no opinion other than that.

Eurodave
24th May 2005, 21:16
yeah, red on black is a lot easier on these tired eyes
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]

Rainbow Wizard
24th May 2005, 21:16
Just testing a new site style. Still has a little bit of work to be done on it. Let me know what ya think.
Excellent contrast for most things. The Voxan site has a similar option that's not as dark, but it sure beats their wishy washy blue one hands down. What's the bet us older dudes will love it and the younger ones won't care too much either way. This dark contrast is very much favoured by people with failing (almost non-existent) eyesight.

sels1
24th May 2005, 21:17
While I normally like black and yellow, as in Hurricanes and Wellington NPC, it is a bit hard on the eyes on a computer screen. I like the old colour scheme thanks.....I have clicked back

zooter
24th May 2005, 21:30
It's hard on the eyes. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies very well here in my opinion.

Ramius
24th May 2005, 21:39
Can't blame the man for trying, at least he gave you options...Good on ya Spank!

Warr
24th May 2005, 21:47
Thanks for the choice but I prefer the classic.

inlinefour
24th May 2005, 21:56
The new style was doing my head in, I've never come across anything quite so BAD. Thankyou Spank, in your wisdom, you've left us the option of the old style. :niceone:

crashe
24th May 2005, 21:58
What the fark happened....
I go off line for a few hours and come back to a black screen...
Fark I dont like it... sorry SpankMe...

But I want the old version back...

Its tooooo hard on my eyes.... I cant cope with it all in black...

Please change it back.. or advise how to change it back just for me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I have figured out how to change it back...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is so much nicer and clearer to see....
The headache has now gone....lol.

erik
24th May 2005, 22:16
the post outlines are too close to the black background, it kinda feels like I'm lost in the dark trying to find peoples posts...

I liked the old style, I think I'll change back...

Skyryder
24th May 2005, 22:25
Not too good on this thread and i think it's a bit hard on the eyes. I prefered the old style.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12384

Me too.

Skyryder

Velox
24th May 2005, 22:30
Yeah - I prefer the old. Thanks heaps though SM for trying to pretty it up though! Awesome design but just a bit stark. Cheers for going to all the effort though! :niceone:

250learna
24th May 2005, 22:35
i like the new look, but took a bit of getting used to, wasnt sure what was going on when i first loaded up.
But i think old one might have been a bit easier on the eyes.

Jeremy
24th May 2005, 22:38
I quite like it, though the Male/Female indicator icon is now completely screwed and should be the reverse colours.

Holy Roller
24th May 2005, 22:48
I wonderd what had happened gave me quite a start, thought I had got some other site, Change can be good but not this time :no:

curious george
24th May 2005, 22:51
Ahhhhhhhhhhh ya big bunch of luddites!
I quite like the new style, actually easier on the eyes imo.
It's good to have the option though.

MikeL
24th May 2005, 23:01
All change is bad.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But just ignore me. Everyone else does...

SuperDave
24th May 2005, 23:04
Looks shit, I much prefer the earlier style. Add a few neon colours to this current scheme and it will be KB on acid...

Wonko
24th May 2005, 23:04
80% happy with the new style.

Individual post don't show up that well agaisnt the backround, can appear to be one long post when skim reading, which I do a lot on here.

The contrast between background and foreground text seems a little bit too high, but it does make most text stand out, except those that use colour.

Overall I like it, but personaly would make a few changes. Is that possible to edit the style for indivuals?

Milky
24th May 2005, 23:08
I like it, but the white in the KIWIbiker title and this quick reply pane is a little harsh, and the panels aren't defined enough (UserCP is a good case in point). With some editing of Male/Female indicators and emoticons it will be good.

Ixion
24th May 2005, 23:46
Oh dear , the world went all yeller. Interesting, but rather hard on the eyes. Think I'll leave it for the younger ones

zadok
24th May 2005, 23:47
Wondered what was happening when I first loaded up, but found I liked what I saw. I certainly like it better than the blue on white anyway. Maybe you could try another colour combo, as not all are happy with it, but don't go back to the white/blue.

Marty :ride:

zadok
25th May 2005, 00:15
is it affecting the posts too? Just tried to start a new thread, and it hung for ages. So I stopped it, and resubmitted it, and told me I had just made the same post. Did a search for my new post, and came up no matches!!
Now that I've had a bit of a play, I'm finding that pages are a bit slower loading and I'm using broadband giving me somewhere between 1500kb/sec & 8000kb/sec!

LB
25th May 2005, 05:02
Like many before me, I find it very hard to read, hard on the eyes, and individual postings are not as easy to decipher.

I don't have any option in the bottom left-hand corner other than black/gold, will try my UCP to change it back.

Thanks for giving us the option Spank, but my vote is go back to the old version.
Edit:
User CP does give me the option to go back to the old version, MUCH better IMHO..

Sniper
25th May 2005, 07:57
Change it back, Im not keen on it!

John
25th May 2005, 08:02
If you dont like it click this link to set it back to default:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/?styleid=1

dart1202
25th May 2005, 08:04
fair to middling but nicely appearance which first...

Deano
25th May 2005, 08:21
Nah - too hard on the eyes.

bear
25th May 2005, 08:25
Find the old style easier to read (good idea retaining that style for a User option!)

Lou Girardin
25th May 2005, 08:46
A bit tricky for my aged eyes.

ManDownUnder
25th May 2005, 08:56
looks good SM - I like it
MDU

MSTRS
25th May 2005, 09:21
Nah - this black & yellow is too much like rotten bananas. I'm going back to original.

Skunk
25th May 2005, 09:32
I'm giving it a through testing... but I think it needs some tweaks to get some things to stand out better.

Beemer
25th May 2005, 09:46
Seriously ugly, worst colour scheme to try and read - some magazines think it is cool to use these kinds of colour schemes and it's really hard to read.

I had to move a lot closer to the screen to focus and it was very wearing after only a few minutes. Glad there was an option to change it back otherwise I'd be off like a robber's dog. It seemed to be really slow too.

Change is one thing, but changing the colour of printed text is not always a good thing - please stop playing and get your bike out and do something constructive!

Maximus
25th May 2005, 10:48
:no: Way too hard on the eyes! Glad we can change it back though!

Motoracer
25th May 2005, 11:48
Na man, don't like it at all. The ice cool colours were way better. Just changed back now.

phantom
25th May 2005, 11:50
quite like it myself , for a change if nothing else

crazylittleshit
25th May 2005, 12:38
Is it just my computer or has kiwibiker gone black?

Coldkiwi
25th May 2005, 12:39
a bit hard to read for my liking but i found the option to turn it back the way it was so i don't mind mate!

bugjuice
25th May 2005, 12:40
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12386

Lou Girardin
25th May 2005, 12:42
Is it just my computer or has kiwibiker gone black?

You gotta problem with black, Honky?

crazylittleshit
25th May 2005, 12:42
Thanks bug I'm a little behind in the game. :D

crazylittleshit
25th May 2005, 12:43
You gotta problem with black, Honky?

Yes It freaks me out............................... :puke:

Grizz
25th May 2005, 12:44
Find it hard to read, but that could be because I am getting to be an old b**stard, have changed it back.

crazylittleshit
25th May 2005, 12:49
Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

(But don't quote me on that)

quote me yet I think it's slowly growing on me. :drinknsin with alcohol though

Biff
25th May 2005, 13:00
On the whole - funky. I like the new scheme. On the downside - the smilies and some of the avatars aren't best suited to a dark background.

But since we have an option whether to go light or dark I'll stick to light for the time being. It's nice to have the choice though.

Great job :niceone:

pritch
25th May 2005, 13:04
I like it. It should be easier on the eyes than blue on white. This scheme is similar to that used by other groups I watch so I am home with it.

Does stand out at work though. Like now :-)

T.I.E
25th May 2005, 13:09
interesting on the eyes.
a bit hard but hey will get used to it

outlawtorn
25th May 2005, 14:18
Very metal look to it....nice :Punk: :headbang:

Yarg
25th May 2005, 15:15
Bit tough on the eyes. can't read the blue writing on black background.

Pixie
26th May 2005, 00:01
I just spent $500 at the optometrist for nothing,
I'll send you the bill

jazbug5
26th May 2005, 08:33
I've switched back to the original colour scheme.
White text on black = headache. It's fine for titles etc, but not usually a good design choice for large areas of text. It also (as has been pointed out) causes problems with the wee gifs. Good on you for giving the option, though; the look isn't that bad, actually, IMO. Maybe with a little more tweaking it could work better..?

250learna
26th May 2005, 08:41
Find it hard to read, but that could be because I am getting to be an old b**stard, have changed it back.

i find it hurts my eyes alot quicker than on normal view, thank god for freedom of choice because im using the old view now :niceone:

Coyote
26th May 2005, 12:06
Meh. It's ok. All the emoticons look a bit funny though

RiderInBlack
27th May 2005, 19:28
Shit I thought that my PC had got sick:calm:

If i t stays Black I will have to change my posting colour like:
this
or
this
or even
this
this
or
this:whocares:

Waylander
27th May 2005, 19:36
Shit I thought that my PC had got sick:calm:

If i t stays Black I will have to change my posting colour like:
this
or
this
or even
this
this
or
this:whocares:

Do red.:yes:

RiderInBlack
27th May 2005, 20:23
Na, I've return to "The Light"
Na, I've return to "The Light"
Besides red's not my colour:bleh:
Besides red's not my colour :bleh:

Coyote
27th May 2005, 20:44
I'll be writing in black :devil2:

At least the site ain't pink :spudwhat:

Gazzar
27th May 2005, 21:33
No good for me its to hard on the eyes. :no:

sunhuntin
29th May 2005, 15:29
had it on black, now changed to the blue, and will stick with the blue. just easier on the eyes, although the black looked awesome.

FROSTY
29th May 2005, 16:01
sorry mate I dont like it.Its too darned hard on my eyes.
Ill deal with it if ya change over but thats my tuppenths worth

Hitcher
29th May 2005, 17:07
And you've done something to the home page. Rearranged the furniture or something. Can't quite put my finger on it...

avgas
29th May 2005, 17:38
Yay the site is tinted......no wait im still wearing my helmet :weird:
Hang on
Yay the site is dark

James Deuce
29th May 2005, 17:41
And you've done something to the home page. Rearranged the furniture or something. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Yes, I like it. I like the way calendar events are displayed (and that cursed Rep points thing has gone - good!)

Dafe
29th May 2005, 17:41
Awesome - I didn't know we could change back to the light universe!!!
Although I do support gold and black being a Wellingtonian, I must say, I still prefer the easier going lighter side.

Waylander
29th May 2005, 17:55
Yes, I like it. I like the way calendar events are displayed (and that cursed Rep points thing has gone - good!)

Wern't you in the lead? I would have though you would still want that up there.:whistle:

James Deuce
29th May 2005, 17:56
Wern't you in the lead? I would have though you would still want that up there.:whistle:

Yes, it's all about who's "winning". :whistle:

Sensei
29th May 2005, 17:58
Wheres who's on line gone ???????????

James Deuce
29th May 2005, 17:59
Wheres who's on line gone ???????????

At the bottom of the Forums page.

Good place for it I thought.

Sensei
29th May 2005, 18:03
Yea but what about the Home page . So you have to go looking through all the Forums to see who's on line .

James Deuce
29th May 2005, 18:03
Yea but what about the Home page . So you have to go looking through all the Forums to see who's on line .

No no no - right at the bottom of the forums page is a summary of who is on, just like what used to be on the front page. :)

Bottom of this page:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/index.php?

Sensei
29th May 2005, 18:16
Yea I know thanks Jim , but liked it on the home page as well

James Deuce
29th May 2005, 18:42
Yea I know thanks Jim , but liked it on the home page as well

Ahh sorry. I'm just being a ----

sarg
29th May 2005, 18:53
I like the look! its harder on the eyes than the blue but Im getting used to it

Coyote
29th May 2005, 18:57
I find it a bit easier on the eyes. You don't have the white backgrounds watering your eyes so much. Looks good too. What would be cool is if you could customise the colours for yourself. In your options, you could make the text blue and the background grey or something. Although it's probebly more hassle than its worth

SPORK
29th May 2005, 20:17
I find it a bit easier on the eyes. You don't have the white backgrounds watering your eyes so much. Looks good too. What would be cool is if you could customise the colours for yourself. In your options, you could make the text blue and the background grey or something. Although it's probebly more hassle than its worth
For once I agree.

Red and silver would look wicked!

Skunk
29th May 2005, 20:58
I find it a bit easier on the eyes. You don't have the white backgrounds watering your eyes so much. Looks good too. What would be cool is if you could customise the colours for yourself. In your options, you could make the text blue and the background grey or something. Although it's probebly more hassle than its worthHaving that in black text is hard to read from the 'dark side', and disappears altogethers when quoted.
But it's real easy to read the stuff the 'lightsiders' try and hide in white :devil2:

Coyote
29th May 2005, 21:05
Having that in black text is hard to read from the 'dark side', and disappears altogethers when quoted.

Bwahahahaha! Trogdor strikes again!

SPORK
29th May 2005, 22:24
Too much bloody Star Wars dudes!

Coyote
30th May 2005, 08:47
Hey! I've found possibly the most annying way to write up posts! (for the Black universe anyway)

vifferman
30th May 2005, 09:07
Yes, it's all about who's "winning". :whistle:
Winning the approbation and accolades of those who appreciate dodgy posts that tittilate and appeal to the lowest come on elephant?

But you'd expect me to whinge about that, having dropped off the bottom of the Ladder of Leeriness. :weep:

:whocares: :rofl:

Hitcher
30th May 2005, 10:25
I like the look! its harder on the eyes than the blue but Im getting used to it
I can refer you to a good optometrist. In Auckland. With a penchant for things red. And Suzukis. But apart from that, he's OK...

zadok
30th May 2005, 12:54
On the 'home' page, where is the list of members online? They don't seem to be there anymore. Removed?

RiderInBlack
30th May 2005, 18:36
Well the "Dark Universe" KB did look cool but I've decided to reset mine to the "Light Universe" KB as I find that easier to look at over any lenght of time. As long as we as users have the option in our User CP panel to switch it to the one we perfur, then I say let's keep the "Dark Universe" as an option.

PS: Having visited a few KB'ers' Homes I have noticed that quite a few do not know how to set their User CP Options or know how to find it. Therefore education on where and how to find/change the viewing options maybe a good idea especially if KB is set to default on the "Dark Universe". Is it possible to have this set-up as intro to the site thing when new users join?

Rainbow Wizard
6th June 2005, 20:46
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Well the "Dark Universe" KB did look cool but I've decided to reset mine to the "Light Universe"
But check out these emoticons from the Voxan site
http://www.voxanclubdefrance.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=smilies
and this baby's mine all mine
http://www.voxanclubdefrance.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/new_color_.gif

race me!!!!
16th August 2006, 17:06
how many people use light universe on here and why????

yungatart
16th August 2006, 17:07
Me! I find it much easier to read than the Dark Side... must be my advanced years or summat.

awesker
16th August 2006, 17:11
i do, looks better i reckon.. better on my eyes

Hitcher
16th August 2006, 17:13
Why would anybody use the "other" universe as a preference? It is almost impossible to read and many of the icons etc that are so nicely visible in the Light Universe are near invisible in the other place. I thought it was deliberately designed to make the comprehension of threads assigned to Pointless Drivel near impossible. If it were any worse it would be in Braille...

Buster
16th August 2006, 17:18
I used to but switched back because it was too harsh on the eyes when Im on my laptop. Its alot easier to see all the colours on light universe though. Light universe was better at work too because a black screen stood out too much.

Ixion
16th August 2006, 17:26
,, I thought it was deliberately designed to make the comprehension of threads assigned to Pointless Drivel near impossible. If it were any worse it would be in Braille...

No, neither the Light nor the Dark Universe is used in PD. It has its own - the Fiery Universe. Which I like and would like to see available in the general forums. I use the Light Universe, cos the black and yellow thing is too hard on the eyes.

HDTboy
16th August 2006, 17:27
Once upon a time, KB only had a light universe. Some people have been on here long enough that the light universe is "The way KB used to be, in the good old days".
It's also easier on the eyes.

Zed
16th August 2006, 17:29
how many people use light universe on here and why????It's a heart issue! :innocent: :devil2:

notme
16th August 2006, 17:29
Why would anybody use the "other" universe as a preference? It is almost impossible to read and many of the icons etc that are so nicely visible in the Light Universe are near invisible in the other place. I thought it was deliberately designed to make the comprehension of threads assigned to Pointless Drivel near impossible. If it were any worse it would be in Braille...

Egg Sack Tly. Plus I i find the white speckldy -technical term- bits around smilies and such very annoying in the dark universe...

Yellow and black are very high contrast colours, they hurts my (precious) eyesssss.

Hey Buster - re KB sticking out too much at work: Google for "Ghostzilla" :done:

Buster
16th August 2006, 17:35
Ah yes, Ive seen the Fiery Universe before and thought it looked great.

Maha
16th August 2006, 17:37
Dark for me......light is toooooo insiped looking for me.....
Needs a good dose of iron me thinks.....:doctor:

Buster
16th August 2006, 17:39
Hey Buster - re KB sticking out too much at work: Google for "Ghostzilla" :done:

Oh cool buddy! Thats GOLD!!!!

Jantar
16th August 2006, 17:53
The light Universe is the only one I use. I find the dark and/or fiery universe are just too hard to read.

Waylander
16th August 2006, 18:11
Yellow and black are very high contrast colours, they hurts my (precious) eyesssss.

It's just yellow that hurts my eyes...
:done:

quickbuck
16th August 2006, 19:02
Light Universe for me too.

Easier on the eyes.

Racey Rider
16th August 2006, 19:12
Always been the light Universe for me.

And to those that say they can't read my Blue in the Dark Universe I say, let us give you eternal rest for your weary eyes.

Now is the time for Salvation,, Come into the LIGHT!

Do I hear an Amen?! :innocent:

Waylander
16th August 2006, 19:13
I can read it fine.

Maybe you greyheads need to re-check you lense prescriptions...

jeremysprite
16th August 2006, 19:19
Always been the light Universe for me.

And to those the say they can't read my Blue in the Dark Universe I say.

I've always wondered why you typed in blue, I'd always have to highlight your message to read it.
I normally always use Dark, cause it looks cooler, but then the whole black screen thing is an easy giveaway at school too, (can't download stuff on it, like ghostzilla) and parents think I'm doing something gothic. Cause its black.

I'm doing a trial run on Light now, see if I can cram in more than 45min of KB without my eyes bleeding.

Hitcher
16th August 2006, 19:30
Maybe you greyheads need to re-check you lense prescriptions...
At least we know how to spell lens...

Racey Rider
16th August 2006, 19:31
I've typed in Blue from Day 1 (for me, May 2003), well before this Dark Universe fetish came along. It's my way of standing out in a otherwise mundane life.

I figure, those that are truly interested in what I have to say, won't let 'right clicking' and 'highlighting' my reports put them off if it makes it clearer for them.

Waylander
16th August 2006, 19:32
Maybe your eyes arn't so old after all Hitch.

sunhuntin
16th August 2006, 20:21
light here as well...tried dark a few times but burned the heck outta my eyes. light all the way. dont go into pd very often, so dont know what firey is as yet.

Jonny Rotten
16th August 2006, 20:32
i dont know what you guys are on about..... im goin to get a beer

Wolf
16th August 2006, 20:37
I find the light universe easier on the eyes and I can see the smilies better.

The Firey Universe in PD is hard to read and I only persevere because my presence there annoys Zed :devil2:

Jonny Rotten
16th August 2006, 20:39
man i just found out how to change the universe and im staying with the dark......

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE WE HAVE COOKIES !!!!

SlashWylde
16th August 2006, 20:44
Prefer the Dark universe myself. Just looks cooler.

Jonny Rotten
16th August 2006, 20:47
Prefer the Dark universe myself. Just looks cooler.

and we have cookies COOOOOKKKIIEEESS!!!!!

Waylander
16th August 2006, 20:49
Would rather have a cheesesteak.

TerminalAddict
16th August 2006, 20:50
the light universe looks to standard . .
too "I've just bought vbulletin, and can't be arsed doing anything to make my website look different to the million other websites that have bought vbulletin" .. ish :)

Hitcher
16th August 2006, 20:51

But the Light Universe has pizza. And beer. Pizza and beer. And single-malt whisky. Pizza, beer and single-malt whisky. And women, gorrrgeous women...

Wolf
16th August 2006, 20:54
But the Light Universe has pizza. And beer. Pizza and beer. And single-malt whisky. Pizza, beer and single-malt whisky. And women, gorrrgeous women...
No, wait, that's four things... I'll come in again!

SpankMe
16th August 2006, 20:55
Just FYI, The Light/Dark Universe naming was taken from sci-fi, but it ain't Star Wars!!

John Banks
16th August 2006, 21:01
I prefer the dark universe. It just looks right.

Skunk
16th August 2006, 21:18
I remember the time before the Light/Dark... when only Light prevailed.

Things moved slower back then. The good old days. :yes:

Light for me; yes I have grey bits in my hair.

Jonny Rotten
16th August 2006, 21:20
Just FYI, The Light/Dark Universe naming was taken from sci-fi, but it ain't Star Wars!!

was it spaceballs????

Waylander
16th August 2006, 21:21
was it spaceballs????
Nah that was the Schwarts.

Jonny Rotten
16th August 2006, 21:28

i dont know how your mum makes cookies but my mum makes the best cookies in the world even better than markaucklands mum

oldrider
16th August 2006, 21:36
Light universe, too old, can't read the dark universe so well! :o Damn. John.

chanceyy
16th August 2006, 21:39
started out on the dark side til muh guru showed me the "light"

been on the light side ever since ... its great when tired & looking at KB on laptop ..

Virago
16th August 2006, 21:39
Light for me too.

I remember being on-line when Spank first introduced the Dark Side - I just clicked on a thread and everything went black.........:shit:

Waylander
16th August 2006, 21:41
Light for me too.

I remember being on-line when Spank first introduced the Dark Side - I just clicked on a thread and everything went black.........:shit:

Damn those retina's for detatching lol

(sorry mate first thing I thought of was Grandpa Simpson "where's maggie?.."

Squeak the Rat
16th August 2006, 21:51
What a bunch of Magoo's! Your eyesight would be much better if you stopped looking so closely at Spank's attachments!

Go the dark side - :drinkup:

Ps- was it that slightly surreal mini-series with the dragonfly ship that I didn't see till the last episode?

SpankMe
16th August 2006, 21:56
You missed the best sci-fi series on TV. The first two series were bloody good and the third was brilliant, but the forth (last) sucked a bit.

Waylander
16th August 2006, 22:00
Ps- was it that slightly surreal mini-series with the dragonfly ship that I didn't see till the last episode?

Firefly? The show that Serinity (the movie) was based off of? or are you thinking of something else?

stunz
16th August 2006, 22:05
light. doesnt look warcraft while Im browsing at the orifice...

Edbear
16th August 2006, 22:14
I find the light universe easier on the eyes and I can see the smilies better.

The Firey Universe in PD is hard to read and I only persevere because my presence there annoys Zed :devil2:

:2thumbsup Shhhhhhhhh!!!!

Pumba
16th August 2006, 22:28
The dark for me. Use computer draughting softwere all day at work and have also d\set that to black background because afta a while the white burns the eyes

What?
17th August 2006, 06:54
Being nearly as old as Hitcher, I go for the Light universe. The Dark side is headache material.
Then there's the whiskey, the pizza...

dnos
17th August 2006, 09:29
hmmmm, i always used dark cos thats what it was when i started looking. Played with the light thing and just seemed wrong.
Maybe i will try it today and see if i can be tempted over by the beer and pizza :)

Wolf
17th August 2006, 09:52
hmmmm, i always used dark cos thats what it was when i started looking. Played with the light thing and just seemed wrong.
Maybe i will try it today and see if i can be tempted over by the beer and pizza :)
And the Malt Whiskey...

Sniper
17th August 2006, 10:22
Light universe. I dont like change

Beemer
17th August 2006, 11:56
Me, can't hardly read the dark one unless someone uses brightly coloured text. Too wearing - never even bother looking at pointless drivel for that reason.

Squeak the Rat
17th August 2006, 13:04
I'm typing this in the light universe, and just dont get it:

I find it harder to separate items on the screen - there is no contrast, everything is too light.

It looks like any other vanilla forum. KB is different - you are all different!

Bright light hurts my head, so I'm either hungover, a vampire, or a gremlin.....

You are all mad. :wacko:

Hitcher
17th August 2006, 14:02
And the Malt Whiskey...

And the gorrrrgeous women. Nobody expects them...

race me!!!!
17th August 2006, 14:06
i want a pink universe coowee

dnos
17th August 2006, 14:18
hey - i like unexpected gorgeous women and i forgot bout the malt whiskey!
Thats it I am converting.

Wolf
17th August 2006, 14:27
Nobody expects them...
I got it the first time - tho' I expect nobody else did...

Quartermile
20th February 2007, 19:21
Which one do you use, just wondering:D

And if your thinking WHAT?!?! :scratch: its the setting in the bottom left of you page:yes:

The Pastor
20th February 2007, 19:26
err i voted for the wrong one, i use the dark side of the fours....

Colapop
20th February 2007, 19:26
You should dredge the thread....

Quartermile
20th February 2007, 19:35
You should dredge the thread....

Dredge??? :scratch:

Colapop
20th February 2007, 19:39
No insult intended... just a p/t
a. to unearth or bring to notice: We dredged up some old toys from the bottom of the trunk.
b. to locate and reveal by painstaking investigation or search: Biographers excel at dredging up little known facts.

To bring up the past... reanimate that which has been done before (colloq.)

::edit:: I sense a disturbance in the force...