PDA

View Full Version : Disposing/recycling old lids?

spajohn
25th May 2010, 11:09
Hi all, just wondered if anyone knows of a place that recycles helmets...else how do you dispose of without simply throwing in the landfill?

one fast tl1ooo
25th May 2010, 11:10
list it on trad me :lol:

onearmedbandit
25th May 2010, 11:15
I keep mine as reminders of why they are so important. I've got two Arai's hanging in my garage that have given their lives to save mine.

spajohn
25th May 2010, 12:37
Hi all, just wondered if anyone knows of a place that recycles helmets...else how do you dispose of without simply throwing in the landfill?

If I don't trust it anymore to put on my own head I'm not about to sell it to someone else to do so...

Spuds1234
25th May 2010, 12:40
Hang it upside down with some wire and put a pot plant inside it.

firefighter
25th May 2010, 12:52
It now becomes the drinking helmet........

Perfect for any stag/21st or tuesday afternoon.

spajohn
25th May 2010, 12:55
It now becomes the drinking helmet........

Perfect for any stag/21st or tuesday afternoon.

LOL...you must have seen me after a few home brews...

p.dath
25th May 2010, 16:21

Make sure you cut the straps off before disposing of it so no one else is tempted to try using it.

SMOKEU
25th May 2010, 17:20
Get a gun and shoot it.

schrodingers cat
25th May 2010, 17:24
and THEN sell it on Trade Me

sels1
25th May 2010, 17:58
Drop it off to the bloke on the 'Rapa side of the Pahiatua Track who has a 'Helmet Fence' on his boundry

chanceyy
25th May 2010, 18:00
Drop it off to the bloke on the 'Rapa side of the Piaitua Track who has a 'Helmet Fence' on his boundry

+ 1 .. from Masterton way turn off at Mangamarie and several ks down the road .. can not miss it .. cut straps off so can not be used .. and dunna mind the bike hanging in the tree :lol:

Malcolm
27th May 2010, 17:40
Make sure you cut the straps off before disposing of it so no one else is tempted to try using it.
...because people who pick helmets out of landfills are likely to be concerned about whether it has straps? :no:

p.dath
28th May 2010, 08:00
...because people who pick helmets out of landfills are likely to be concerned about whether it has straps? :no:

Because it wont stay on their head without straps.