PDA

View Full Version : A Sports Bike, A Moped, A Cruiser and MY bike back all in one Day

pyrocam
25th May 2005, 00:00
Interesting day today.

woke up and went to shortland street for one of those tests prospective employers put you through. When I got in (nice and early) and found a good park I went to pull the key and :no: IT WASNT THERE
The RGV150 Loaner from colemans I had would still run without the key hillariously but force of habit I didnt put the key in my pocket when started.
So anyway, I need to lock the bike of course so I shot up to Colemans and they lent me a scooter LOL. I felt a little overdressed in my cordura armor suit and a wee bit uneasy on the thing but It was really kinda fun to ride on.
Had my tests then went back up to colemans but my tire hadnt arrived and I needed to get back to work. so they offered me a Kawasaki EL250. (never been on a 250 before) I liked it. a cusioned seat :yes: more POWER :yes:
no dials though :/ I did like the bikes electric start though. I definatly want a bike with both (electic and kick) next

Went back to colemans that night, Ive got a new rear tire. Its actually got a curve unlike the old tire that was... well, a square. a new piston head and finally got my broken clutch lever replaced.

I got the old piston btw. Ive had two major seizures on it, the big one on the SH1 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12045&highlight=knickers) and a minor one previously. so about 6 seizure points (will upload photo's if anyones interested)

All parts:
Piston Pin
SmallEnd Bearing
Rings
Piston
Circlips
Exhaust Gasket
Head Gasket
Base Gasket
Spark Plug (I dont know why they did that when it was only replaced a couple months prior)
Clutch Lever
Rear Tire
about 3 Hours Labour

So, I should hope my engine is all nice and sparkly clean and runs like a dream. all and all, a good service. $630 in total (grooo) Now I just a 200k ride to wear the tire and piston in.

Waylander
25th May 2005, 00:04
Could do a short ride down here. Then I can finally meet you and you can borrow my DBZ dvds for a few days. 'Least I think it was you that wanted to borrow them. Glad you got your ride back in order.:niceone:

g34l
25th May 2005, 00:07
Well that is great! if i have time, i don't think i mind to test the bikes too. but fixing it sounds a bit hard, because what i know is only electrical stuff. what a pitty

hondacmx450
25th May 2005, 08:29
good to here its back and running have fun and dont sezz it to soon

pyrocam
25th May 2005, 22:57
lol yeah

does anyone know how long is a good run in time? they guys said 200k at no more than 7

does that mean I can gun the crap out of it after that?

Waylander
25th May 2005, 23:01
I've never had to run in a bike so I can't help. Sorry, Ask Jim2 though he should know.:whistle:

Holy Roller
25th May 2005, 23:29
What did the bike shop say, they should know :ride:
Only new bike I have ever had was way back in 81 and too many brain cells have passed away since then to remember

pyrocam
26th May 2005, 18:02
What did the bike shop say, they should know :ride:
Only new bike I have ever had was way back in 81 and too many brain cells have passed away since then to remember

they guys said 200k at no more than 7

Sorry I meant to say
The guys at colemans recommended 200k at no more than 7k RPM
but I just wanted some more opinion.
IE. if someone said 'another 100k of slow riding would be a really good idea' or 'fuck man, do 50k then get that *oh crap* right up to the end'

*oh crap* means Ive suddenly forgotten what my 'REV-METER' is called.
odometer
revometer
altimeter
barometer
redlinemeter

hey and another though. most likely contributed to the seizure.
do you guys go into the red? at all/sometimes/as much as possible.

see If I cant add a poll to the thread.

Edit. no I cant

Waylander
26th May 2005, 18:09
*oh crap* right up to the end'

*oh crap* means Ive suddenly forgotten what my 'REV-METER' is called.
odometer
revometer
altimeter
barometer
redlinemeter

hey and another though. most likely contributed to the seizure.
do you guys go into the red? at all/sometimes/as much as possible.

see If I cant add a poll to the thread.

As for the name of the 'Rev-meter' it's TACHOMETER.

And I don't often get it into the red except when I shift down to quikly, never had a seizure though

justsomeguy
26th May 2005, 18:11
It's called a tachometer.:D

justsomeguy
26th May 2005, 18:12
As for the name of the 'Rev-meter' it's TACHOMETER.

And I don't often get it into the red except when I shift down to quikly, never had a seizure though

grrr. that lanky yanky bet me to it......

pyrocam
26th May 2005, 18:15
grrr. that lanky yanky bet me to it......

Full Blown 90decibel LOL right there :niceone:

texmo
26th May 2005, 19:22
The longer the run in period the better The last kit I ran in it did 1000kms but with 2 strokes its ok to give them full throtle blasts after 200kms if you are prepared to spend the money I ahve found a good dyno place over the shore he can add 15%+ hp to your bike for $100 set up fee and $75 per hour after 3 hours your bike wont seize will put out more hp have more tourqe and rev out higher....

pyrocam
27th May 2005, 19:19
Thanks for that mate. Ill contact them after the weekend, sounds like fun. with any luck this new job will pay heaps so I can get the works done.