PDA

View Full Version : Looking for bike storage near Trentham army camp

shrub
28th May 2010, 16:01
My young fella has just been posted from his basic to Trentham, only problem is his Street Triple is sitting in my shed. I'm happy for it to stay there, but he's suffering pretty extreme withdrawal symptoms. He reckons getting a shed on base takes a long time, so I was wondering if there is anyone on KB who would be willing to rent some shed space so the lad can get ride his bike like he needs to.

Wannabiker
28th May 2010, 17:34
PM sent... I may be able to assist

nico
29th May 2010, 07:34
pm also sent :)
)

Gubb
29th May 2010, 18:34
I'm in Northern Wellington, also have a Street Triple, with room in the garage. It's a bit of a hike from Trentham though, let me know if you can't find anything closer.

shrub
30th May 2010, 10:18
Many thanks to the kind offers. The lad and I are blown away by the generosity of people on this site, and it looks like his Street Triple will be leaving my shed sooner than later.

Wannabiker
30th May 2010, 10:43
Yeah he popped in to the duty complex to see me last night. His course is under way now and he will be heading out into the field tomorrow. Weather today...cold and wet! I will pop out on the dirt bike to see them when they are out on exercise as it is out the back of my place (giant dirt-bike playground). :-) I have 4 of my people on the same course.

shrub
31st May 2010, 08:00
He was pretty stoked to meet you. Cold and wet - he's a biker and he's in the army; cold and wet will be a common part of his life.

Delerium
31st May 2010, 13:38
Make sure he doesnt leave it unsecured on trentham. I mate of mine had his ktm stolen form the camp.

shrub
31st May 2010, 13:53
Make sure he doesnt leave it unsecured on trentham. I mate of mine had his ktm stolen form the camp.

Good feedback. He has insurance, but he loves his Street Triple with a passion (which is as it should be).