PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good source for KTM parts

xj87
29th May 2010, 00:31
Hi.
I've been hunting around for ktm parts after discovering that if not in stock they can take a while to get here from Austria and, because the $NZ seems to be in bed with the peso, expensive.
Try these people.
www.boltonmotorcycles.com : an Australian company thats web prices include postage to NZ - takes about 4 days. Not especially cheap but if you want a part that your local shop can't get you in a hurry it might be a way out. It's not immediately obvious how to buy something on their website .. but click on 'parts' and evetually you'll get to a place when you can registerr with them.

Also very good are www.partspitstop.com. Their prices are generally cheaper than NZ and Australia
and their postage rates are less expensive than some other American on-line stores, making them a good place to go if you want parts. Postage is about 10 days to get here. Their web site doesn't offer New Zealand as an when it comes to telling them who you are but if you email them attention Heather they'll send you the stuff and arrange for you to pay using a credit card or paypal. The website has a parts catalogue which lets you know the price and emailing them will get you a quote for postage , which is by usps, so that you know what you're up for.

also of interest is www.riders discount.com which has flat rate $US25 for anysize order to nz. Again it's about 10 days. They sell gear rather than parts.

If you've got other sources which have proven worthwhile I'd be pleased to hear about them
Cheers

_Shrek_
29th May 2010, 08:05
If you've got other sources which have proven worthwhile I'd be pleased to hear about them
Cheers

you could always invite other KTM owners to an over nighter :shifty:

or you could always trade in on a Gs :whistle:

ps... welcome to KB

cooneyr
29th May 2010, 09:36
Thanks for this. partspitstop looks good with lots more than KTM parts. Complete set of brake master and slave cylinders seals for my XRR is less than just the front master seals in NZ.

clint640
4th February 2011, 08:41
Thought I should update this thread with some recent info. I have sourced a few parts ex USA for my current rebuild. The continuing strength of the NZ dollar, low prices in the USA, & a greedy NZ/Oz importer who keeps raising parts prices, has meant that for many more expensive genuine KTM parts you are silly to buy in NZ. It is often quicker too as the US stock many more parts than NZ.

KTM has tried to prevent it's dealers from shipping internationally, but you simply engage a shipping forwarder with a USA address to get around this. I have used Munn Racing, via Comgateway.com for a couple of shipments recently & found them to both be really good. It's worth shopping around the various parts websites though.

Eg I needed a new head for the 640, $1500 in NZ. With about $20 of other small parts the order ex Munns came to US$615. Plus US shipping this came out to NZ$870 on the Visa bill. The Comgateway freight charge was NZ$85. I didn't get charged GST on this one, so the total bill to my door was $955. $545+ cheaper than the local dealer.

Cheers
Clint

Taz
4th February 2011, 13:10
What was wrong with your head clint?. (the one on the 640 I mean)

clint640
4th February 2011, 13:58
I um, er, kinda, sorta put a crack in it while taking out the valve guides :facepalm:

An expensive lesson learned - proper tools & heat required for that job.

Cheers
Clint

Waihou Thumper
4th February 2011, 14:59
I read your thread on ADV, nice write up. I bet you said a few choice words after that episode mate. :angry:

Taz
4th February 2011, 20:15
I um, er, kinda, sorta put a crack in it while taking out the valve guides :facepalm:

An expensive lesson learned - proper tools & heat required for that job.

Cheers
Clint

Hammer too big eh? :)

young1
5th February 2011, 17:01
I have used Munn racing and also KTM Twins

http://www.ktmtwins.com/index.html

Waihou Thumper
7th February 2011, 16:12
Try these guys out, they speak English well, repsond to e-mails fast and take off 19% as well VAT. Shipping is very reasonable, fast and split it with a mate it is even cheaper.....

http://www.ktm-versand.de/

Authorized KTM Parts Dealer. We supply and ship worldwide original KTM parts, KTM calendar 2011, KTM accessories, KTM clothes and KTM Gifts and more for KTM Motorcycles, KTM Fans and Friens. Find everything for your KTM Motorcycles in our online shop!

Eddieb
7th February 2011, 20:59
Try these guys out, they speak English well, repsond to e-mails fast and take off 19% as well VAT. Shipping is very reasonable, fast and split it with a mate it is even cheaper.....

http://www.ktm-versand.de/

We'll see how good they are shortly, just placed an order with them tonight for some bits and bobs my 950 needs for me to advertise it for sale.
KTM NZ are useless and won't supply for at least a month whereas all the parts I searched for at ktm-versand quoted a 3-6 days despatch time, hopefully they will actually deliver and my order won't get overridden by KTM.

I think their standard prices were a little higher than KTM-twins for example but as Mark says 19% came off for their local tax. All up my order was 107 Euro, 64 odd for the order and 43 for shipping a .75kg parcel from Germany to NZ.

(Usual RANT)
For me though it's not about the price, it's about the willingness to actually provide a decent level of service, and KTM NZ has repeatedly shown it's not that willing to.
(/Usual RANT).

Eddieb
11th February 2011, 06:33
We'll see how good they are shortly, just placed an order with them tonight for some bits and bobs my 950 needs for me to advertise it for sale.

I received notification this morning that my order has been despatched from KTM-VERSAND.DE and a DHL track and trace ID was provided.
Thats on schedule so far as each of the parts I ordered stated 3-6 days despatch time.

Waihou Thumper
11th February 2011, 16:25
I received notification this morning that my order has been despatched from KTM-VERSAND.DE and a DHL track and trace ID was provided.
Thats on schedule so far as each of the parts I ordered stated 3-6 days despatch time.

You will find that DHL Germany do the tracking and once it leaves the country and gets down this way it sort of stalls. Stays put on the tracking for a few days and then voila, it is at your doorstep. Once it goes to a third party, NZ Post, it cannot be tracked, well, that's what happened to me and DHL, anyhoo...:) Least it is on the way mate....good ole Krauts! :) Puts NZ and Aus KTM to shame don't it!

timg
15th February 2011, 21:01
Thanks for the various links folks - have bitten the bullet and ordered a 18 lt tank from Munn $339US vs $1235 locally plus a few other bits I need/want a heap cheaper than local. Now got to save some more pocket money for a seat :facepalm:

I've used www.TwistedThrottle.com for some stuff previously and they have been a breeze to deal with. Cheers.

Eddieb
15th February 2011, 21:30

My parts left Germany on the 13th.

Eddieb
11th March 2011, 20:31
My parts left Germany on the 13th.

And arrived on my doorstep today, 26 days from Germany to here however that wasn't the suppliers fault but DHL.

jhnharvy773
8th April 2011, 18:23
I was helping a friend with some barn repairs and noticed he had a bike hidden in the corner covered in a pile of "stuff". I asked him about it and he said he had bought it new about 12 years ago or so, rode it one day, flipped it, broke the seat and the silencer and basically left it to sit since then. He has plenty of toys, so it just sat there forgotten until I noticed it. He said I could take it home and see what I could do with it as a thanks for helping him if I was interested. I've never had a bike of any kind, but thought "what the hell", it looked like it had the potential to be a savage bike. According to it's markings, it's a 1996 250 SX. I drained old gas, blew out all the passageways (muffler, airbox, and such), was going to drain the oil, but it looked like it just came out of the container so I left it in, then filled the tank with a fresh batch of gas. I checked for spark, it seemed like it had compression, but still wouldn't start. So I got online and figured out how to take apart the carb, it seemed perfectly clean other than what looked like a small grain of sand or something lodged in the jet. I put it all back together and she fired right up, and does every time on the first or second kick now. She still has all the dimples on her tires even! The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to find parts for that model and year anywhere online. I was hoping someone knowledgeable out there could give me an idea of where I might be able to find the parts I need to get her back together again. I believe I need the seat, what a believe is called the silencer and whatever the airbox attaches to (it's just clamped to the carb now and I have some wire holding it up in what I believe is it's position). I've been having a ball working on this beast and would love to finish her up and actually get her out on some trails around here.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

andy mac
8th April 2011, 22:39
Try here John - http://173.74.246.25/elitektm/

warewolf
9th April 2011, 09:23
The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to find parts for that model and year anywhere online. I was hoping someone knowledgeable out there could give me an idea of where I might be able to find the parts I need to get her back together again.ktmtalk.com (http://ktmtalk.com) would be a good bet for any and all info on the bike, but my guess is that they'll point you to ebay for old parts.

KTM has long model runs with parts common across many bikes. Sometimes it's a matter of finding someone who knows what'll fit so you can use a different year or model part.

Jeff Sichoe
7th March 2017, 08:35
*bump* where do people source parts these days? I just want an oil filter and screen kit and maybe a new seat, jeez

cods4
7th March 2017, 13:09
*bump* where do people source parts these days? I just want an oil filter and screen kit and maybe a new seat, jeez

I had a quick look at overseas shops and found http://www.ktmworld.com Not sure if they are the cheapest, once i have a list of parts I need I'll compare prices with some of the other online stores listed here. I just ordered a Wiseco piston kit and Cometic head gasket kit from Ebay for around NZ$300.

Jeff Sichoe
8th March 2017, 08:17
I had a quick look at overseas shops and found http://www.ktmworld.com Not sure if they are the cheapest, once i have a list of parts I need I'll compare prices with some of the other online stores listed here. I just ordered a Wiseco piston kit and Cometic head gasket kit from Ebay for around NZ$300.

Much like the other online stores i've found, when you actually get to the point of ordering;

*International customers: KTM requires that we ship your KTM brand parts to a US address.

So I might have to look at one of those freight forwarding companies. Shit I don't even mind paying extra to avoid the hassle but finding stuff locally is hard :/

clint640
8th March 2017, 08:38
Youshop are usually the cheapest & easiest freight forwarder. I don't think any foreign KTM dealer will ship overseas.

Cheers
Clint

cods4
8th March 2017, 08:55
Yeh I have used youshop a number of times with no problems. I just placed my order with KTM world 5 minutes ago and it will be shipped via youshop.

Jeff Sichoe
8th March 2017, 10:46
Sweet! Thanks for the tips fellas

cods4
8th March 2017, 11:44
Yeh I have used youshop a number of times with no problems. I just placed my order with KTM world 5 minutes ago and it will be shipped via youshop.

My initial order was cancelled because I used my NZ credit card so I had to redo it with a paypal account using my youshop address as the paypal billing address.