PDA

View Full Version : Balius vs Zeal. Opinions?

Gibbo89
31st May 2010, 19:44
hi all,

getting close to buying my first 250cc. looking between the kawasaki balius and the yamaha zeal. i just wanted to get opinions from people. i know both are inline 4, four strokes so should be quite similar to drive. the two i'm looking at are roughly the same price except the kawasaki has the pack rack (and a 3 month warranty with the bike). (i know it doesn't look as good as a true naked bike but the top box/rack is just there for driving around town). and from what i can tell, if the zeal came without one, getting one that fits it might be hard to come by. i.e. would need to go on some Jap site and try find one (seems like a bit of a mission to me)

what is the better bike? regarding my situation with the above two bikes.

Hitcher
31st May 2010, 19:56
How tall are you? The Zeal has a full-size frame, which will make a big difference to your riding pleasure if you are a taller rider. If the luggage is important, then buy the Balius. I used to ride a Zeal, so I'm biased in terms of the Yamaha's rideability.

mattian
31st May 2010, 19:58
I would say both about equal. Good reliable brands. This is just an assumption mind you, I have never ridden either of them.

So pleased to hear you're not getting a Hyodung

Gibbo89
31st May 2010, 19:58
How tall are you? The Zeal has a full-size frame, which will make a big difference to your riding pleasure if you are a taller rider. If the luggage is important, then buy the Balius. I used to ride a Zeal, so I'm biased in terms of the Yamaha's rideability.

im about 5 ft 9. not too short!

vindy500
31st May 2010, 19:59
I would say both about equal. Good reliable brands. This is just an assumption mind you, I have never ridden either of them.

So pleased to hear you're not getting a Hyodung

just wait until the, my bikes not working thread

firefighter
31st May 2010, 20:01
Do'nt get a zeal on the basis that "Dean" had one.

Gibbo89
31st May 2010, 20:03
Do'nt get a zeal on the basis that "Dean" had one.

ahh, Dean. the infamous kiwi biker. read some strange posts from that fella...

EJK
31st May 2010, 20:05

Wow he is famous for sure.

My $0.02: Zeal handles really well.

I never rode Balius so I can't compare, sorry.

firefighter
31st May 2010, 20:06

Infamous member of kiwibiker. Whether he actually rides or not is another story.

Gibbo89
31st May 2010, 20:08
Wow he is famous for sure.

My $0.02: Zeal handles really well.

I never rode Balius so I can't compare, sorry.

thanks EJK. worth noting.

EJK
31st May 2010, 20:09
thanks EJK. worth noting.

It's free</10char>

Gibbo89
31st May 2010, 22:04
seems like the zeal may have more numbers in nz than the balius...

Devil
1st June 2010, 08:39
The Balius is less common in NZ, but it is a fantastic bike. Goes like snot (quicker than the zeal), but the zeal may have a tiny bit more rideability down low. Fairly similar though.
I loved mine (it was my first bike). They look great.

Gibbo89
1st June 2010, 11:03
The Balius is less common in NZ, but it is a fantastic bike. Goes like snot (quicker than the zeal), but the zeal may have a tiny bit more rideability down low. Fairly similar though.
I loved mine (it was my first bike). They look great.

sorry, did you have the balius or the zeal? yeah im sure that both bikes would be great. im thinking that because the balius has the option for the top box with the rack, it might be the way to go. (easy for putting your gear in there when just goin to uni etc). thanks Devil.

Devil
1st June 2010, 11:10
Had the Balius.

Gibbo89
1st June 2010, 11:19
Had the Balius.

ahh cool. yeah my uncle test road the balius for me. he thought it was mint, it made a pretty nice sound too

neels
1st June 2010, 12:08
Ride them both, decide which one you like better.

Hitcher
1st June 2010, 19:19
Ride them both, decide which one you like better.

Pfft. Mr Fucking Sensible.

Gibbo89
7th June 2010, 14:13
Got the Zeal!