PDA

View Full Version : Auckland KTM dealers - Any new ones planned?

.chris
1st June 2010, 10:08
Are there any ktm dealers going to appear as with my bike still being under warranty I need to have it serviced by a KTM service dealership

I have no problem with triplex moto other than the fact they are located almost an hour away from me. I either have to get my partner to drive down while I ride give me a ride there and back which is hardly convent, or I wait there for x-hours while they do my bike.
A demo bike would be ideal but the best they seem to offer is a scooter of some kind which I am not that interested in hitting the southern motorway on a scooter.

Would be great if a dealer was a bit closer to me. Anyone know of any opening in the future in the city/north shore?

Big Dave
1st June 2010, 10:18
TMG in Newmarket are unpacking their stock now.

They are now running Victory, KTM and Piaggio brand Scooters.

.chris
1st June 2010, 10:39
TMG in Newmarket are unpacking their stock now.

They are now running Victory, KTM and Piaggio brand Scooters.

Thanks Dave, That is a much better location, will have to pop over when they are open and see what the story is.

Crisis management
1st June 2010, 10:41
This is Triple X relocated isn't it, 425 Broadway?

.chris
1st June 2010, 11:26
This is Triple X relocated isn't it, 425 Broadway?

yeah it seems that way, but their major service stuff will still be done out at Takanini, so effectively they have just moved further away.

Devil
1st June 2010, 11:28
yeah it seems that way, but their major service stuff will still be done out at Takanini, so effectively they have just moved further away.

That sucks. It is one of the things holding me back from another KTM.
Bring back the north shore dealer!

AD345
1st June 2010, 11:30
They've got a full workshop upstairs in Newmarket with more bike hoists (brand specific no less - don't want KTM greeblies on our Victories now do we :P ) on their way

Crisis management
1st June 2010, 12:14

I'm not worried about servicing, just parts, so having them close is good for me as I prefer them over AMPS, if the rain ever stops I will wander down and have a look.

Big Dave
1st June 2010, 12:34
The way I hear it TMG is an Automotive group that replaced (reasons unkonwn) a car franchise with Scooters last year. They were enthusiastic about the products at the scooter launch.

They have since picked up Victory and I found out on Saturday, KTM, and a 'new car franchise' as well.

From what I also gather they plan to utilise a more traditional Automotive Business model for their two wheeled products.
I don't know if that extends to 'Birthday Cards', but there are some things in that model that have merit.

Pertinent to the dealer is also that last weeks Victory launch confirmed to me that the Brand is also viable. Falling twice hasn't helped, but the product is good and getting better all the time and Polaris see the region as strategically important in their push to establish export markets.

Crisis management
1st June 2010, 12:38
The txt I got from Triple X on 24/05 said "we will be operating from TMG premises..." so that means they are either a part of the TMG group or in a partnership. I don't mind as long as I can get KTM parts near me!

Big Dave
1st June 2010, 12:59
The txt I got from Triple X on 24/05 said "we will be operating from TMG premises..." so that means they are either a part of the TMG group or in a partnership. I don't mind as long as I can get KTM parts near me!

'We're unpacking KTM Boxes now'
'Oh you have KTM now too?'
'Yes'.

Then we talked about boobs - but I'm not putting that in writing.

Gremlin
1st June 2010, 13:10
yep, triple x has moved from east tamaki. Part of TMG, newmarket will carry models and basic servicing. Most servicing for road, and all off road will probably be done in Takanini, as their mech is there. Newmarket will have kit like diagnostics anyway.

.chris
1st June 2010, 16:36
yep, triple x has moved from east tamaki. Part of TMG, newmarket will carry models and basic servicing. Most servicing for road, and all off road will probably be done in Takanini, as their mech is there. Newmarket will have kit like diagnostics anyway.

Which unfortunatley leaves me exactly where I was before, stuck in the largest city in nz with my nearest ktm service dealer being about 40km away (40km of motorway/multi lane carpark).

Which is very annoying, but seems to just be the way things are for the moment, I was hopeful that someone would have some news/insider info about a North Shore dealer opening... But alas seem not.

jafar
1st June 2010, 16:45
Which unfortunatley leaves me exactly where I was before, stuck in the largest city in nz with my nearest ktm service dealer being about 40km away (40km of motorway/multi lane carpark).

Which is very annoying, but seems to just be the way things are for the moment, I was hopeful that someone would have some news/insider info about a North Shore dealer opening... But alas seem not.

Could be an opening there for you mate, ask KTM for a stealership for the shore & away you go :scooter:

.chris
1st June 2010, 16:51
Could be an opening there for you mate, ask KTM for a stealership for the shore & away you go :scooter:

Might just be easier to service my own bike, sounds like less work.
I do like the idea of getting ktm parts at cost, but effort vs savings.... Looking a bit one sided.

AD345
1st June 2010, 17:13
They are going to have a Mechanic for the Victory range there in a few weeks.

I'd imagine he would be able to do something for KTM as well....

...how hard can it be?

Crisis management
1st June 2010, 17:45
I wandered in and had a look, you Victory boys are well catered for, that floor will need constant washing to keep the drool stains under control...KTM isn't really organised there, most of the Triple X side of things has gone to Takanini and it will be a few weeks before parts are operating out of Newmarket. Servicing I forgot to ask about but Stephen Briggs is the KTM manager 520 9216.
I get the feeling the showroom isn't really designed for muddy bikes and that sort of stuff, but time will tell, and we may have some level of servicing / parts supply closer to hand. I must admit I find it a bit frustrating as I like visiting bike shops and rummaging through stuff rather than buying over the net but it's getting harder to do now, the parts guys at Red baron & Cycletreads seem to be all I've got left.

Gubb
1st June 2010, 18:47
Didn't AMPS do KTM?

Crisis management
1st June 2010, 19:08
Didn't AMPS do KTM?

Yes, but I've always found they are a bit more "focused" on other brands which seems to affect the service you get.

Gremlin
2nd June 2010, 02:59
gubb, yes, amps used to do KTM but dropped it when "encouraged" to do so. There was a dealer on the shore, but KTM was removed from him.

Devil
2nd June 2010, 08:51
... There was a dealer on the shore, but KTM was removed from him.

The whole shop closed.