PDA

View Full Version : Lens shields, are they legal?

hogfire
3rd June 2010, 18:39
I just brought some Lens Sheild (plastic covers that velcro onto the original the headlights) and they are tinted.

this is with the tinted lens sheild

this is original

I was wondering are they legal?

vifferman
3rd June 2010, 20:28
I don't get it - why would they not be legal? (Can't tell from your photos). Ventura have been selling polycarbonate headlight protectors for cars and bikes for years without a problem. Are they tinted or summat?

98tls
3rd June 2010, 20:31
I don't get it - why would they not be legal? (Can't tell from your photos). Ventura have been selling polycarbonate headlight protectors for cars and bikes for years without a problem. Are they tinted or summat?

Apparently they are which makes me ask....:blink:......never mind will just walk away shaking my head.

CookMySock
3rd June 2010, 22:38
Are they tinted or summat?LOL yes. :yes:

If they just velcro on, who cares if they are legal. Just rip them off for the WOF.

Steve

breakaway
4th June 2010, 09:45
I never did really understand why people want to darken the piece of the bike that's intended to light up the road.

vifferman
4th June 2010, 19:55
I never did really understand why people want to darken the piece of the bike that's intended to light up the road.
Coz it looks kewl, 'n orsum.

breakaway
4th June 2010, 19:56
You mean cool like when you buy a superbike, lower it to a couple of inches of the ground, extend the swingarm and then chrome everything?

blackdog
4th June 2010, 20:20
LOL yes. :yes:

If they just velcro on, who cares if they are legal. Just rip them off for the WOF.

Steve

or when its dark

duh

CookMySock
4th June 2010, 21:54
@theblackstink, Well you can rip them off whenever you fucking like can't you, LOL. :lol:

Steve

Motig
5th June 2010, 09:36
Comparing your before and after photos they certainly have a dramatic effect.

hogfire
7th June 2010, 14:09
they have a light tint to them

hayd3n
7th June 2010, 16:02
they have a light tint to them
just use them for day riding take them of and put them under your seat at night time

dipshit
7th June 2010, 16:14
You mean cool like when you buy a superbike, lower it to a couple of inches of the ground, extend the swingarm and then chrome everything?

Yeah, it's an American thing. Form over function.

I've seen Americans on a GSXR forum pull their headlights apart and spray the reflective material with black paint because it supposedly "looks cool" :tugger:

But then what do you expect from a country that makes Harley Davidsons. :weird:

quickbuck
7th June 2010, 16:16
Still have to wonder though.....

I mean, don't headlights break at night or something??

hogfire
7th June 2010, 19:16
just use them for day riding take them of and put them under your seat at night time
I have rode with them on at night, I dont find them that bad. Still light the road pretty well