PDA

View Full Version : KTM with Full Akrapovic System

The Pink Panther
3rd June 2010, 19:17
Am prepping my 525 exc for Motard Racing but i will just be circulating not a trophy contender just having fun .
I have a Akrapovic Can but just the standard header pipe .
Should i get the full system ie the aftermarket header pipe?
In talking too 1 Motard racer i will not gain much hp or any hp with only just a straight Akrapovic can?
Myself i agree to disagree i shouild209376209378209379209380 still gain some top end ?
I fitted the can and rode around the block to gauge how loud it would be for i am road reg it was better but in bad tune , bike is stripped now . Am an in Engineering like shiny things hence stock header is HPC coated and like it that way, but should i get a full system for performance?
The motor is not stock now. but not in SMR or SX head tune .

scorry
4th June 2010, 07:32
Am prepping my 525 exc for Motard Racing but i will just be circulating not a trophy contender just having fun .
I have a Akrapovic Can but just the standard header pipe .
Should i get the full system ie the aftermarket header pipe?
In talking too 1 Motard racer i will not gain much hp or any hp with only just a straight Akrapovic can?
Myself i agree to disagree i shouild209376209378209379209380 still gain some top end ?
I fitted the can and rode around the block to gauge how loud it would be for i am road reg it was better but in bad tune , bike is stripped now . Am an in Engineering like shiny things hence stock header is HPC coated and like it that way, but should i get a full system for performance?
The motor is not stock now. but not in SMR or SX head tune .

yup need a header man, biggest gains are found in headers, not slip on's. (thats what i have found anyway)
you will get a gain out of the can, but not as much as if you do a header also.

have you got a sx cam?
another great upgrade for a exc

will be good to see you out there mate

and im a little jelous how shiny cool your engine has come out too

The Pink Panther
5th June 2010, 12:25
Was going to run the smr cam which i gather is the same as a SX cam, with the sx/smr and there Ti valves i am a bit fuzzy on the valves springs they differ from the exc springs ,

I doubt you would be jealous of my fingers from hand polishing i have no air tools at home , Gearbox and Stator covers are being powder coated and hopefully i can retain the polished KTM logo's
if the powder coaters do there job well?