PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all, back on a bike after 15 years (terry66)

terry66
3rd June 2010, 19:32
hi all, well im back to biking after a 5 year break. The wife wasn't too happy but managed to talk her around.
The bike I chose to get back into it is a 1986 honda GB400, it was reasonably cheap as the guy i got it from had butchered it (painted the motor, sold the original seat and cut off the pillion footrests). still i plan on making a single fiberglass seat and i always liked cafe racers.
Its a bit of a cc comedown from my previous bikes, Z900. darmah SD900, but its a start.
So anyway keep your eyes out for me out west auck, i'll be the guy not weaving thru traffic (got a bub and wife to think of)

98tls
3rd June 2010, 19:36
hi all, well im back to biking after a 5 year break. The wife wasn't too happy but managed to talk her around.
The bike I chose to get back into it is a 1986 honda GB400, it was reasonably cheap as the guy i got it from had butchered it (painted the motor, sold the original seat and cut off the pillion footrests). still i plan on making a single fiberglass seat and i always liked cafe racers.
Its a bit of a cc comedown from my previous bikes, Z900. darmah SD900, but its a start.
So anyway keep your eyes out for me out west auck, i'll be the guy not weaving thru traffic (got a bub and wife to think of)

Good choices on the previous fella,welcome back and enjoy your new ride.

p.dath
4th June 2010, 13:05
I don't know which part of Auckland you are from, but there are free taining courses known as NASS and SASS (North/South) Auckland Street Skills.

Search for either NASS or SASS depending on your location on here.

Some info on NASS:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/North_Auckland_Street_Skills

Bren
4th June 2010, 13:09
Welcome back to the world of two wheels....be careful out there...15 years away is quite a bit...just take it real careful till you get your skills back up again...I was 10 years away and rusty as when I got back on...took a couple of months till I started feeling confident again...

anyway welcome to KB, and try to wipe that big grin off yer face...someone might think you farted

John_H
6th June 2010, 09:38
Good on ya mate, a wise choice for a bike after being out for so long.

one fast tl1ooo
6th June 2010, 10:00
Welcome to kb .

R&J
6th June 2010, 14:22
Hey welcome back from us too. We new to motorcycling & this site so this is our first posting.
Looking forward to the Cape Reinga Overnighter next weekend.
Awsome lunch ride with 9rider & Nest4u yesterday.

IT'S A SHAME WE HAVE TO WORK !

marksie
7th June 2010, 19:10
209782Welcome back to biking. It makes me feel good knowing I am not the only one. It has been 26 years since my last bike. This now is my 5th bike. I am 65 years young and I am throwing my leg over a 84 xv750 Yamaha. Picked it up on TradeMe for the right price with only 20k on the clock. Had the tank painted a nice rich burgundy and a few other things added. Wasn't much work to do on her but I think she still looks the best bike about. My wife now calls it my mistress as I am spending more money and time on her.It is a beautiful bike to ride but I am taking it slowly as it was sitting in a garage since 2004 and I want the motor to settle in before I do any great distance.:scooter:

sinned
7th June 2010, 19:18
hi all, well im back to biking after a 5 year break. )

Welcome back to biking. It makes me feel good knowing I am not the only one. It has been 26 years since my last bike. This now is my 5th bike. I am 65 years young

Likewise - been back for 4 years from a 20 year break and on 3rd bike. Bikes have improved a lot since I started riding in mid 60s.

marksie
7th June 2010, 19:44
Improved a lot when you look at that Black beast of yours. It looks more like a rocket:shit: I think it was the chrome on mine that was the attraction and of course the price. You have a beauty. I suppose mine would almost be a classic. We were discussing this topic the other day but weren't too sure how old they need to be. I believe you can get a cheap rego when they are a certain age. Maybe some out there can confirm that fact.

:scooter:

tate35
12th June 2010, 11:11

Hi Terry and welcome to KB.
Had to say HELLO as I a fellow GB400 owner and as an ex West Aucklander :) Previously to owning the gb I had an rgv, then a gn250. But truly LOVE my gb.

Good choice. Happy and safe riding.

Taz
12th June 2010, 11:16
I was without a bike for 3 months (out of 26 yrs) was the worst 3 months of my life :lol:

Mrs Shrek
12th June 2010, 17:54
hi all, well im back to biking after a 5 year break.

:confused:
Make up yer mind will ya..... was it 5 or 15?????? :whistle: :innocent:

FlyingKiwi
13th June 2010, 15:48
Welcome to KB! Get a pic of the old GB up for us fans.

Take it easy bro.