PDA

View Full Version : British company develops motorcycle especially for wheelchair users

Bob
26th May 2005, 00:18
British company Cyclone Mobility and Fitness has produced a motorcycle specifically designed for wheelchair users.

The Conquest 850, which is based on the BMW R850R, allows the disabled rider to access the three-wheeler via a remotely controlled ramp at the rear.

Prices start at £16,995.

Visit www.cyclonemobility.com for more information

Waylander
26th May 2005, 00:27
That's great!!! Everyone should have a chance to ride motorbikes even if they don't have operation of some limbs. Would be better if some of the major manufacturers could get behind this kind of stuff though.

Bob
26th May 2005, 03:11
That's great!!! Everyone should have a chance to ride motorbikes even if they don't have operation of some limbs. Would be better if some of the major manufacturers could get behind this kind of stuff though.

Credit where credit is due here - BMW were thanked for their input into the project, as were the NABD (National Association for Bikers who are Disabled if I remember the name correctly).

To see the bike, click on the following link:

http://www.bikersweb.co.uk/news/2005/05/13conquest.gif

jazbug5
26th May 2005, 07:22
This is bloody FANTASTIC!
Much respect to the people who've developed it.

(Maybe if I start saving now I can have one of those when I'm old and feeble...)

Pwalo
26th May 2005, 13:45
Looks like a sci fi Ben Hur chariot, or a very ugly sidecar. I agree that it's a great concept in theory, but I really can't see what more it offers to a person in a wheelchair over a modified car.

I guess the illusion of biking. That must be worth something!