PDA

View Full Version : Riding on snowy roads tonight in Newlands, Welly!

nudemetalz
8th June 2010, 21:01
Yup, riding home from work in the blardy cold wet weather and got up Newlands Road towards Woodridge. Noticed the roads were covered in snowy sludge so dropped my speed right down to 30km/h and stayed in the wheels tracks. Had to turn left and go downhill on a road not used much tonight.
First gear and stayed off the brakes keeping speed down to 20km/h. The Guzzi's engine braking was slowing down the rear wheel more than my speed so was fishtailing a little at the rear end. Got my heart racing a little but I kept her steady. Finally got to the bottom and very slowly down my street which hadn't been driven on since the snowfall.

Verdict...the V11 Sport isn't a good adventure bike........... :blink:

SMOKEU
8th June 2010, 21:07
I remember the good old days of slamming on the back brake on the CG125 and doing some snakeys in the snow. That thing was so light I could lift the whole bike up on my own with a full tank of fuel, so it was a piece of piss to flick the tail out. I wouldn't try that on the CBR though.

nudemetalz
8th June 2010, 21:08
.........I wouldn't try that on the CBR though.

or 230kg's of Guzzi........

SMOKEU
8th June 2010, 21:13
or 230kg's of Guzzi........

I've always liked that particular model of Guzzi, they look mean with those heads sticking out like that.

Gareth51
8th June 2010, 21:35
Snow on Mt Ruskin '76
Woodridge in the distance

nudemetalz
9th June 2010, 09:36
Guzzi started again this morning but told me it wasn't happy with the cold weather.....

Bren
9th June 2010, 16:39
Guzzi started again this morning but told me it wasn't happy with the cold weather.....

It aint cold till ya lived in Balclutha, welly weather is temperate....HTFU LOL

Gone Burger
9th June 2010, 16:44
It snowed at my house last night, and it was enough to completely dust the ground in white, and cap all the hills this morning. Live up in the Akatarawas, and it was a very very beautiful evening. First snow for the year, bound to be more soon.

JR1
9th June 2010, 16:47
was driving home from work when the weather decided to turn to shit here, was not wearing correct pants and i was in physical pain riding in the hail, it seriously fucking hurt.

nudemetalz
9th June 2010, 20:45
It aint cold till ya lived in Balclutha, welly weather is temperate....HTFU LOL

Hey I said the Guzzi had the issue, not me.. lol