PDA

View Full Version : 05 Suzuki GSXR's

zadok
26th May 2005, 11:16
I was in a Suzuki dealership the other day and saw the new GSXR lineup.
How about those paint jobs? Got to be the most lame colour scheme going around. Was alright in the 80's...but come on!
A more modern colour scheme would be the ticket for them.
Any thoughts? :D

White trash
26th May 2005, 11:24

You're a homo?

NhuanH
26th May 2005, 11:31
I was in a Suzuki dealership the other day and saw the new GSXR lineup.
How about those paint jobs? Got to be the most lame colour scheme going around. Was alright in the 80's...but come on!
A more modern colour scheme would be the ticket for them.
ummm...the Anni's are amongst the coolest colour schemes this year. Homage to the heritage. It almost got holda me, just ask White Trash....

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

zadok
26th May 2005, 11:34
You're a homo?
Homo sapien - right.

Quasievil
26th May 2005, 11:39
Well I would say that in the line up of 1000cc bikes without question at the moment the GSXR1000 K5 reigns supreme, but, I think they have really dropped the ball. The K5 is a very impressive bike in all respects, why did they not seize the opportunity with this bike and introduce some nice colours ?

Blue and white ? for fucks sake is that the extent of Suzukis imagination, i want to see some solid colours, less stickers and more colour from a new angle.
I would be keen on one if it wasnt for the colours.

Common Gixxers get out of the history glory wank sessions and move forward with ya thinking

Quasievil
26th May 2005, 11:41
Homo sapien - right.

Its okay mate we are all Homos to WT, I got 10 text messages in a row calling me a Homo. He drinks like a girl thats all ya need to know

zadok
26th May 2005, 11:46
Well I would say that in the line up of 1000cc bikes without question at the moment the GSXR1000 K5 reigns supreme, but, I think they have really dropped the ball. The K5 is a very impressive bike in all respects, why did they not seize the opportunity with this bike and introduce some nice colours ?

Blue and white ? for fucks sake is that the extent of Suzukis imagination, i want to see some solid colours, less stickers and more colour from a new angle.
I would be keen on one if it wasnt for the colours.

Common Gixxers get out of the history glory wank sessions and move forward with ya thinking

Thanks for the support there Quasievil. My sentiments exactly. Nothing wrong with the bike except the colour/design selection.
I have just been to the official Suzuki site to check and it strenghens my case no end.

enigma51
26th May 2005, 12:01
Thanks for the support there Quasievil. My sentiments exactly. Nothing wrong with the bike except the colour/design selection.
I have just been to the official Suzuki site to check and it strenghens my case no end.

The brain is not fast enought to think at the speed the suzuki's will be passing you and therefore they keep the colours the same so that people dont have to think "I wonder what colour that bike is that just past me!!!!!" :yes:

Lou Girardin
26th May 2005, 13:21
It wouldn't be Suzukis 20th anniversary colours by any chance? You know, like Hondas naff red and silver "racing" colours on the VFR800.
Ah well, when the other Jap manufacturers have a model in production 20 years they can do the same. Yamaha can do bumble yellow and black, Kwaka can do slime green.

justsomeguy
26th May 2005, 13:28
So far only the yamahahahaha do a full black version and I guess the 1k k5 - I wish in 2 years - when I'll be buying one all of them do it.

onearmedbandit
26th May 2005, 15:44
As stated already, its the 20th anniversary model, hence the 80's colour scheme.... Not too hard to work out I hope. You can also buy the 05 750 in the normal Suzuki corporate Blue and White, or there are other options as well.

As for myself, Suzuki better offer a blue and white option with every gixxer model they release.

Pwalo
26th May 2005, 16:25
Certainly wouldn't be a real Gixxer if you couldn't get the blue and white option. Not too sure if the anniversary colour scheme sits as well on the K5 models but 20 years in production is pretty good for a sportsbike.

Wonder if they'll do an anniversary edition for the GS. Certainly hope not.

Torque
26th May 2005, 17:47
I think the black and silver rocks!!!! on the K5. I get to polish mine again this weekend.

WINJA
26th May 2005, 18:03
I LIKE KAWASAKI PAINT JOBS ,NO GRAPHICS IS GOOD

Dafe
26th May 2005, 18:07
Dude, Give us a pic? What CC?

Dafe
26th May 2005, 18:13
I agree! MORE PAINT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! However, the original should should always be available....... Just NOT dominant though!
Some nice colours in the 04's though!!!
But really, Can you Imagine a full Green Suzuki???
A full on Red Suzuki???
Gixxer fans won't recognise them, they'll be mistaken for being Gixxer snacks!!!

Sensei
26th May 2005, 18:20
Been bias I think all Silver looks sharp ..

SPORK
26th May 2005, 18:33
I love the yellow 600, it turns me sideways.

justsomeguy
26th May 2005, 19:08
Any colour as long as it's :

http://www.moto-champion.com/images/2005/GSXR%201000%20K5%20Black.jpg
http://www.beku.nl/cbr1000rr_fireblade_2004_black_01a.jpg
http://www.motorxperience.tv/filecontent/images/Yamaha-R1raven.jpg
http://www.koups.com/sales/kawasaki/images/2004%20models/zx10r_black.jpg

Coldkiwi
26th May 2005, 19:15
I was wondering if it was just me?

blue and white suzuki's are like white camrys for crying out loud! there's so many of them, surely it completely ruins any hope of the rider entertaining 'my bikes special' in their head unless its a ltd edition special or something.
We all like to think what we ride is pretty cool but it'd be hard work when you're sporting a 20 yr old paint scheme.
I think 'anniversary scheme' is a crock of you-know-what!! Anniversary schemes are brought out as a special edition SUZUKI! the Alstare paint scheme is a special... BLUE AND WHITE is what you ALWAYS DO!!!

i dunno... suzuki obviously pay lots to keep their good engineers but obviously undervalue their graphics dept

justsomeguy
26th May 2005, 19:20
I was wondering if it was just me?

blue and white suzuki's are like white camrys for crying out loud! there's so many of them, surely it completely ruins any hope of the rider entertaining 'my bikes special' in their head unless its a ltd edition special or something.
We all like to think what we ride is pretty cool but it'd be hard work when you're sporting a 20 yr old paint scheme.
I think 'anniversary scheme' is a crock of you-know-what!! Anniversary schemes are brought out as a special edition SUZUKI! the Alstare paint scheme is a special... BLUE AND WHITE is what you ALWAYS DO!!!

i dunno... suzuki obviously pay lots to keep their good engineers but obviously undervalue their graphics dept

Yup that alstare paint scheme is :2thumbsup

They should release replicas like the telefonica - or a moto gp replica, etc....

zadok
26th May 2005, 21:51
Thought I would get more of a bite out of the "Gixxers". Just goes to show it's true!

XTC
26th May 2005, 22:08
I think the black and silver rocks!!!! on the K5. I get to polish mine again this weekend.
Get to polish your what??? :tugger: :bleh: :laugh: :killingme

anmolt
19th June 2005, 01:01
yup..its cheaper when u dont have to wait for the stickers to be imported as well.....bloody expensive those newas......

anmolt
19th June 2005, 01:05
[QUOTE=justsomeguy]Any colour as long as it's :

Black on the gixxer rocks..and so does my yellow................. :Punk: :Punk: :Punk: :ride:

Gremlin
19th June 2005, 01:14

Black on the gixxer rocks..and so does my yellow................. :Punk: :Punk: :Punk: :ride:

Well, I'm going to have to some proof of that I'm afraid. I looked, and no pic in your profile.

We loves piccies...

John
19th June 2005, 01:30

Ok I think I could accept riding a suzzi that looked like that :D

Gremlin
19th June 2005, 01:33
[QUOTE=anmolt]
Ok I think I could accept riding a suzzi that looked like that :D
Wassa point?? It wouldn't look like that for long :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zapf
20th June 2005, 00:38
well I am trying to make my gixxer turn black :) orange & silver

John
20th June 2005, 00:40
[QUOTE=John]
Wassa point?? It wouldn't look like that for long :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
?
......dispite what you think I am not the bringer of crashes you just got my russian street whore :P

Anonymous
20th June 2005, 12:08
The Aniversary colours look pretty cool but I am not a huge fan of em. I reckon the normal K5 colours look pretty choice.

Personally I like the typical blue and white Suzuki colours but they do look good in Black, Red, Silver... pretty much anything except yellow.

justsomeguy
21st June 2005, 02:24
well I am trying to make my gixxer turn black :) orange & silver

What's that again??:whistle: