PDA

View Full Version : The third thing?

Gremlin
10th June 2010, 11:58
So late last week, I suspected a slow leak in the rear tyre of the KTM. Only needed filling every 2 days, was busy, so thought about getting around to it at the KB Gathering, but ended up looking for people :innocent: Going home on Monday, I had to fill in Tokaanu (dead flat) and then Ngaruawahia, having lost enough air to start torturing the tyre. Time to get onto it I guess. Monday afternoon, found the culprit and shoved some dog poo in it. :yes:

Fast forward to Tuesday night, switched back to the hornet (better for my license around town) and thought I should check the pressures as the tyres felt a little squishy. Didn't get around to it as I didn't have time when the tyres were cold. Parked up on Wednesday night at the office to do a few hours work. Go to roll it out to go home, cor, she's put on a bit of weight. :mellow:

Rear tyre is almost completely flat. *sigh* now I have another puncture to find and repair. Swap back to Katie for ride home... handy to have multiple bikes tho.

So... dare I ask, whats next? :blink:

Hiflyer
10th June 2010, 12:26
Sounds like a really bad run!

You putting bets on what's next? Should make a poll haha

Headbanger
10th June 2010, 12:30
Once I got a flat tire.

Then that night I got boozed up and made a wank of myself, to the point everyone in the group decided I was a right cunt.

The very next morning I biffed my bike off a corner, done some mean as rolling and flipping, smashed through a fence (just me, the bike hit a mean as fence post and stopped.well, it threw out all its oil and then revved up to full revs until it died) and ended up in a prickly bush, pinned to the ground by the wires from the fence, Luckily they were wrapped around my neck. I found this out when I tried to leap to my feet as I could hear my bike revving to hell and back..

Then the ambulance went to the wrong location, and the fuckwit cops accused me of being a gang member, gave me all sorts of shit and a grands worth of tickets.

Then while I was being stretched into the ambo, Me brother lifted my fuckin wallet.

Also, I had a very very loud and vocal argument about whether I was in shock or not with a car driver who stopped to help, In retrospect they may have been a little more correct then I was, but fuck it, they were trying to take my after crash cigarette off me, and fuck it, I needed that at the time.

madbikeboy
10th June 2010, 14:52
The multiple bikes thing - well, I find it a pain in the ass how often I end up with no vehicle. 3 bikes, you'd assume not all of them would be broken at the same time. And it always times out for when the cars (all fricking 3 of them) aren't working (although one car is under restoration so that doesn't count).

R6_kid
10th June 2010, 15:47
You obviously need to get off the pies Gremlin!

Big Dave
10th June 2010, 17:53
3. HTFU

<tenchars> </tenchars>

Gremlin
11th June 2010, 00:15
Headbanger: hmm, suddenly a couple of flats doesn't seem too bad :crazy:

The multiple bikes thing - well, I find it a pain in the ass how often I end up with no vehicle. 3 bikes, you'd assume not all of them would be broken at the same time. And it always times out for when the cars (all fricking 3 of them) aren't working (although one car is under restoration so that doesn't count).
tis Ok... my boss has a couple more bikes yet :shifty:

You obviously need to get off the pies Gremlin!
silly boy, you don't sit on them, you eats them! All!!

3. HTFU
says the one asking for essays instead of riding :weird:

breakaway
11th June 2010, 01:12
And it always times out for when the cars (all fricking 3 of them) aren't working (although one car is under restoration so that doesn't count).

Wouldn't happen to be European cars by chance would they?

Big Dave
11th June 2010, 12:14
A guy was complaining about the flat he got outside AMPS.
Said I can't think of a better place to get one than outside a bike shop.

Gremlin
11th June 2010, 12:42
:lol: you're absolutely right.

I get them on Sundays, nights and the middle of the country. Puncture repair kits are extremely handy :D

madbikeboy
11th June 2010, 14:28
Funny, only one of them is. And it's so reliable it's scary - one battery and about 10 jump starts though because the headlight relay was sticky. Took me a while to figure that one out... The other two are American, one's a Jeep (1979 Wagoneer), the other is a...

avgas
11th June 2010, 15:27
Whore house, and its raining.