PDA

View Full Version : Ice Ice Baby

Dodger
14th June 2010, 09:12
Stokes Valley was one sheet of ice from top to bottom this morning.
I had the rear slide out on me once forcing me to put a foot down, and give a twitch a few other times. (no bin though :))

Unfortunately one other rider wasn't so lucky.
Be careful out there now that the weather is cooler.

<Rhino>
14th June 2010, 09:23
Yep, ice every where this morning. My car was frozen solid, I couldn't even open the door. I was comming over the bridge at Pahatuanui and went for a slide on the bridge itself, came very close to hitting the gaurd rail. Thankfully I had a trailer on the back (of my car, not bike) and I think it stopped me from spinning right out!! All happens so very quickly. Glad I wasn't on a bike.

Bald Eagle
14th June 2010, 09:31
No ice on the sunny Kapiti Coast this morning :lol: but was only 2 degrees when I arrived in Wellytown. :cold:

Trudes
14th June 2010, 10:59
Yes I worried about my man and bike on their way to work this morning, especially as the tyres really should be replaced shortly. I took the mutt for a walk and decided to retire my old walking shoes after slipping and sliding all over the footpaths, just about landed on my arse several times, bloody black ice!!

Hans
14th June 2010, 12:22
Stokes Valley was one sheet of ice from top to bottom this morning.
I had the rear slide out on me once forcing me to put a foot down, and give a twitch a few other times. (no bin though :))

Unfortunately one other rider wasn't so lucky.
Be careful out there now that the weather is cooler.

'twas fun. At 6 this morning George st. was a blast. The intersection at the bottom was a bit testing though.

Kendog
14th June 2010, 12:36
Yes I worried about my man and bike on their way to work this morning, especially as the tyres really should be replaced shortly.
I was fine, but as for the bike.................

it was ok also :msn-wink:

NedKellley
14th June 2010, 21:37
Slippery as here too....even after 9 when those of us able to start at a civilized time were venturing out! Shady bits of tarmac still got the cold stuff on it...ride safe all...:)

Ned

BMWST?
14th June 2010, 21:40
bridges ice up first so in cold weather be careful on teh bridges,heard that totara park bridge caught a few out this morning.

Pwalo
15th June 2010, 07:46
Well I guess we don't need to worry about the ice this morning, but feck it's wet!!

Bald Eagle
15th June 2010, 08:06
Well I guess we don't need to worry about the ice this morning, but feck it's wet!!

.. and the usual Welly breeze as well :lol: