PDA

View Full Version : Honda CB1100F retro standard coming to NZ

HenryDorsetCase
14th June 2010, 14:46
3Dn19VbH_98

I really like this, and have ever since those Tokyo Motor show pics. Its basically what I grew up riding, so it looks "right" to me: uprightish seating position, 4:1 exhaust (and the headers reminiscent of a CB400F, another bike I used to own and wonder why i sold....) twin shocks blah blah.

Same market segment presumably as a Triumph Bonnie.

Now if only Honda dont fuck it up and price it into the stratosphere (a la the CB1000F "Predator" while I am on that, capable bike and all, but that is the lamest and stupidest name for a bike ever. Even if I was going to spend $20k on a bike, the stupid name would put me off....)

Great promo video too, nice riding round Central Otago.

WANT.

Oh yeah, Blue Wing: your website sucks arse. Click here for the "Honda Deals" on offer? Ooooooh cool, goes to a blank page except for a honda logo that takes you to the main page. The message? We're Honda, we dont do steeeeenkeeeeng deals. F u even if you are a customer.

OK, I get it.

Blinkwing
14th June 2010, 15:32
Nice video. Spent more time looking at the scenery than the bike itself ... :D

AllanB
14th June 2010, 15:39
Lots of little bits paying respect to previous old Hondas – twin under light horns, blinkers, tail-light, 4-1 exhaust.

Blue Wing need to take a look at the GSX1400 Suzuki’s success in NZ and price the bike where that was. Alas I suspect it will be several K dearer.

Re Predator – the problem with this name is that the media has coined it to identify a want-a-be sex offender. Dam bike did not need a name just a drop in price!

98tls
14th June 2010, 16:49
Nice indeed,be no good for me though,first thing i would do is lose the rear guard etc,flat bars blah blah,yea i know its not the point.As i said nice indeed.

AllanB
14th June 2010, 17:11
Nice indeed,be no good for me though,first thing i would do is lose the rear guard etc,flat bars blah blah,yea i know its not the point.As i said nice indeed.

It must look the retro part as it sounds like you are after a Dunstall kit for it!!!!

98tls
14th June 2010, 17:43
It must look the retro part as it sounds like you are after a Dunstall kit for it!!!!

Possibly a Seeley frame whilst we are at it eh.

Stylo
14th June 2010, 20:31
Possibly a Seeley frame whilst we are at it eh.

Nice Video and good scenery ..... but I nearly fell asleep, wonder if the Bikes meant to have similar handling and top speed to the Tiger Moth or have I ...yaaaaawn, missed something ?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Elysium
18th June 2010, 20:23
Dam good video.

Hailwood
7th September 2010, 08:22
Does the video show that to ride one of these you have to look like you are wearing a woman's styled jacket? Bwahahahahahaha..... I love old school bikes but that one just doesnt do it for me......just my opinion

Crisis management
7th September 2010, 16:26
I've got to say I like it simply for the old school touches, I read a review in 2wheels (which I now can't find) and recall being a bit underwhelmed by the performance, something like 70kw?

My impression was nice bike but needs pricing around Suzuki Bandit territory to really catch on.

BMWST?
7th September 2010, 22:53
if i wanted a big naked this would be the one,never been a a suzuki man,never will dont ask me why.

O2R
14th October 2010, 09:10
Great to see an Ad for a bike filmed on our wonderful and scenic roads ! No actual arrival date yet though ?

AznNinja
14th October 2010, 13:48
Such pretty scenery... om nom nom. Oh, nice bike too! :D

HenryDorsetCase
14th October 2012, 22:25
I thought I would dredge this thread because I was on the reddit motorcycle forum and someone posted this video. Apparently the CB1100F is going to be sold in the States next year.

And its a current JDM: looking at this http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1100/price/ the price is ~$16700NZD for the ABS model, less for the all-black one.

Of course Blue Balls honda in NZ are too useless to bring the thing here: or if they did it would be 25 grand. Still, they might start coming up used in Japan pretty soon.......

I cannot but compare this and the NC700's very unfavourably. if you look at the blue knob site thats the only naked road bike they offer here. Plonkers.

mulletman
15th October 2012, 02:41
I quite liked the look of the CB1100R concept bike myself.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2007/10/25/tokyo-%E2%80%9907-honda-cb1100r-concept-first-look/

HenryDorsetCase
15th October 2012, 08:45
Same.

I look at that then look at stuff like the CB1300 they did with a similar paintscheme.... noice.

Katman
15th October 2012, 11:43

http://www.cycleworld.com/2007/10/25/tokyo-%E2%80%9907-honda-cb1100r-concept-first-look/

No, that is just wrong.

Wingnut
30th January 2013, 08:40

If the fairing was removed and a single light installed, low bars...... Yea I could handle that...

See mcn have a review out also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHcafZ2auM&feature=em-subs_digest

actungbaby
30th January 2013, 08:54
[QUOTE=HenryDorsetCase;1129782993]3Dn19VbH_98

I really like this, and have ever since those Tokyo Motor show pics. Its basically what I grew up riding, so it looks "right" to me: uprightish seating position, 4:1 exhaust (and the headers reminiscent of a CB400F, another bike I used to own and wonder why i sold....) twin shocks blah blah.

Same market segment presumably as a Triumph Bonnie.

Now if only Honda dont fuck it up and price it into the stratosphere (a la the CB1000F "Predator" while I am on that, capable bike and all, but that is the lamest and stupidest name for a bike ever. Even if I was going to spend $20k on a bike, the stupid name would put me off....)

Great promo video too, nice riding round Central Otago.

Great bike main thing is looks light well it not going be fireblade light but love the look of it

U be able to change it around nice......

SPman
30th January 2013, 13:40
They sell them here in Oz - I was sort of underwhelmed when I saw one in the metal..........

James Deuce
30th January 2013, 13:57
They sell them here in Oz - I was sort of underwhelmed when I saw one in the metal..........

I don't understand how it ended up with the torque of a 750. I really liked the look of them, but suspect that after an XJR I would be left scratching my head as to what the point is.

actungbaby
31st January 2013, 17:08
I don't understand how it ended up with the torque of a 750. I really liked the look of them, but suspect that after an XJR I would be left scratching my head as to what the point is.

Yes dont think the old cb 900 and esp the cb 750 where the best low down power producers

Mind you its not going be slow is it being 1100cc they say cb 1300 had more low down power

I still love the look of it i was surprised it being air cooled they always said was beacuse noise

limits that was why had to had lquid cooling seems must be a load cobblers hehe

HenryDorsetCase
11th June 2013, 13:20
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-589053330.htm

Well, shit, only two years late to the party, and $3000 dearer than it should be.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-589053330.htm

But yeah. Finally.

I want to see one in the flesh.

actungbaby
16th June 2013, 16:43
Great hope u get one tell us all
About it.love the look if it
I want a grom

pritch
16th June 2013, 16:58
I saw one a week or two back and was just a bit underwhelmed. The pictures I'd seen looked great but... It is designed to appeal to the same market as the Bonnie and the W800 but is more expensive. Not just here either, Cycle World winced at the price in the USA too.

If you consider the bike as a cruiser you'd be OK. Otherwise most would be better off with a CB1000R. (I don't like the name Predator either.) While I did have a CB500 many moons ago I've grown accustomed to modern handling and suspension. There is a limit to nostalgia.

BMWST?
16th June 2013, 17:56
I saw one a week or two back and was just a bit underwhelmed. The pictures I'd seen looked great but... It is designed to appeal to the same market as the Bonnie and the W800 but is more expensive. Not just here either, Cycle World winced at the price in the USA too.

If you consider the bike as a cruiser you'd be OK. Otherwise most would be better off with a CB1000R. (I don't like the name Predator either.) While I did have a CB500 many moons ago I've grown accustomed to modern handling and suspension. There is a limit to nostalgia.

yes a mate of mine in the industry warned me to NEVER buy a bike that i has owned in the past and thought was a goodie ....if i did i would be bitterly disapointed.

AllanB
16th June 2013, 18:06
$18 k. Blue Wing miss the boat again. Should have matched the price of a Bonnie.

nzspokes
16th June 2013, 18:28
Its not bad and probably good for returning riders that loved the eighty's bikes. But not worth 18k.

Ive seen a nice blacked out on online somewhere.

roogazza
16th June 2013, 18:37

I've been sort of looking at a Predator at ANZA Palmy/N Probably would have bought it by now if it had the full CB1000R motor, this detuned for torque and low down power doesn't appeal.

ps as a side note I know of a CB1300 that'll be available very soon a friend has just bought a ZX10.
The 1300 is an older carbed model but has done next to no work and probably under 10,000kms I would guess.

pm if anyone reading is interested, I'll pass numbers on.

HenryDorsetCase
5th November 2014, 12:07
oooh errrr. In at Crapsblots this morning and the white CB1100F they have is reduced to $16995.

noice. except it is the very first model so probably MY13. the new one MY15 is significantly upgraded with 6 speed transmission and standard ABS.

they have continued the 5spd/no abs model in the black on black colour scheme in the states but it is cheaper than the other version.

Not sure what price would make it a must have: $15500?*

*theoretically. Since I am balls deep in something and have NO money just an impressive array of negative bank balances.

James Deuce
5th November 2014, 13:03
Since I am balls deep in something and have NO money just an impressive array of negative bank balances.

:eek5:

*Mental picture*

:puke: