PDA

View Full Version : Do not deal with Richard Hyosung!

_john_
20th June 2010, 14:41
Hey guys,

Just thought id put this out there for all the Hyosung ridres or soon to be Hyosung riders.

After taking ownership of my new 2010 Hyosung GT250 I wanted to jaz it up abit. Did a bit of online research and came across this Richard Hyosung who claimed to be selling genuine Hyosung parts and accessories from Korea. Prices were cheaper than here (Not so much, but enough I thought to justify bring bits in). So i placed an order for a after market muffler and belly pan. After a long six weeks the parts arrive, remember I air freighted these!!!! Anyway, open the package with much excitement and they have sent me the wrong parts. Tried to contact "Richard" but no reply, after two weeks he has not answered my call for help and I am left $650 out of pocket.

I have since gone to Hysoung Motorcycles on Barrys Point Road (Takapuna) and got my accessories and they even fitted them! Great on the spot serivice and the guys made me feel wanted!

Have learnt my lession and I know where I will be going for my parts and accessories now!!!

John

maggot
20th June 2010, 14:55
Richard sounds like a right Dick if you ask me.. :P

_john_
20th June 2010, 15:07
He sure is mate, would recommend staying well clear of him.

breakaway
20th June 2010, 15:18
I don't believe you. I've heard of several people having dealt with him to the tune of thousands of dollars without incident.

You joined 4 days ago and are pimping a local dealership. For all we know, you are affiliated with them.

_john_
20th June 2010, 15:27
I am sure lots of people have dealed with Richard and not had an issue. But I have, and am now $650 out of pocket.

As to your other comment, thats a bit below the belt I feel - but if that makes you happy then that is fine :)

FJRider
20th June 2010, 15:37
The joys of internet buying .... and the pitfalls ...

breakaway
20th June 2010, 15:38
Also, did you pay with paypal? If so open a dispute. If not, let this be a lesson for next time.

John_H
20th June 2010, 17:36
I am aware of him but not dealt with him directly.I had heard that his communication was poor. What did he send you that was incorrect? Could it be onsold on trademe?

onearmedbandit
20th June 2010, 18:22
Where's Robert Taylor?????

roadracingoldfart
20th June 2010, 20:47
Where's Robert Taylor?????

Taranaki mate , want the address ????

crazyhorse
20th June 2010, 20:51
Good info if a hyosung was on your wish list :whistle:

CookMySock
20th June 2010, 21:12
I have dealt with Richard a number of times, and have always had very very prompt service and a friendly word. I'd be very surprised if something was amiss.

Be aware, he does have email issues from time to time and consequently it can be difficult to contact him. He has lost a couple of trades from me because of this.

There are other ways and means too. :yes:

Steve

Renegade
22nd June 2010, 18:51
ive dealt with him in the past and the parts were on my door step 4 days later no probs, better than the local dealer who wanted double the price with a 1 month wait.

Gubb
22nd June 2010, 19:17
I've dealt with him in the past, and had exceptional service.

I, on the other hand, should have got my head checked before buying a Hyosung.

SPP
22nd June 2010, 21:01
I've also bought stuff from Richard Hyosung in the past. Admittedly that was a couple of years ago now. He may have gone bad. Good to know the 'shore guys got you sorted though.

I’m currently buying a 520 conversion kit from a very well regarded offshore outfit as well. 10 days after charging me I get an email saying out of stock but an alternative option offered. I email back saying go ahead so long as they’re in stock as well. Three more days since then and not a word, I don’t know if he’s actually trying to do something or just pissing around. Should I send him a stern email?

Sometimes I can’t be arsed with this internet thing.

_john_
22nd June 2010, 22:12
Always pros and cons when dealing with overseas agents I guess. Just goes to show, no one is 100% trustworthy and sometimes its just a better option to pay slightly more without the risk.

j_redley
13th July 2010, 19:56
After bad experiances I steer well clear of small local types who "import" from overseas. Much safer to stick to big name internet brands. Check out American's cause I've seen some cheap stuff from there which from personal experiance I've been lucky with. Ebay is my friend since many dealers there use it.

porky
13th July 2010, 22:12
Now you can pop along to your local Harley dealership. Problem solved!!!

Suntoucher
20th July 2010, 14:24
Been looking at Hyosung Source.com. From reading around they seem legit(all foreign forums though, mostly US) and are the same or slightly cheaper than Richard Hyosung. Planning to buy some goods but it appears they don't have mounting kits for their GV250 centre stand, anyone know where I can get the spring and bolts?

They're straight from Korea and seem to be OEM so don't include any instructions etc, but it seems easier to deal with them simply because they have a shopping cart and shipping is directly visible.

Anyone with experience buying from them in NZ? Going to get a screen and centre stand(if I can find the mounts). Shipping is weight based it seems.

http://www.hyosungsource.com/