PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mojo

NC
27th May 2005, 15:34
After being in a "motorcycle depressive state" where I just didn't really want anything to do with my bike over the past couple of months. But this morning I went for a pre-work ride and woke up half of Island Bay and blew a few emotions away. I'm ready to sort my shit and start enjoing it again.

Does anyone else experianced stuff like this with their bike?

James Deuce
27th May 2005, 15:36
Yes. I alternate obsessions.

I've currently lost my drumming mojo.

vifferman
27th May 2005, 15:40
Does anyone else experianced stuff like this with there bike?
Yup.

It sux.
I think it's mostly just symptomatic of my current malaise and indifferent mental health, because I'm not doing lots of things I used to do lots (guitar, listening to music, writing, stained glass work, sex, etc.)

But also sometimes I get like that from too much commuting without hooning.
I haven't had a decent blast for a while, and haven't cracked a decent wheelie for a few weeks.

John
27th May 2005, 15:51
God, I have it so many times its not funny - But I'm over it now - once I hear that rotor type idle I just cant not love her :)

Eddieb
27th May 2005, 16:22
Yep, still in the middle of mine.

Sensei
27th May 2005, 16:25
Still haven't lost mine 50+ bikes & still loving it

Slim
27th May 2005, 16:28
I don't think I've ever really lost my biking mojo, but it's certainly been the cure for other malaises in my life, along the years. :grouphug:

inlinefour
27th May 2005, 17:25
When I've had a really hard day at work I take my bike for a thrash. I've come close to killing it or myself a couple of times now and really need a bigger bike :weird: The mojo tends to return immediately afterwards :niceone:

zadok
27th May 2005, 18:31
No. 22 years riding and still enjoy it. A new bike before too much longer would make me feel even better though. Now if I could only win lotto.... :yes:

mangell6
27th May 2005, 19:35
I don't think I've ever really lost my biking mojo, but it's certainly been the cure for other malaises in my life, along the years. :grouphug:

Agree with you Slim, going for a 'decent' ride is a good cure, going for a surf is another. :niceone:

SPORK
27th May 2005, 22:26
I sometimes loose my guitar mojo. At the moment I'm at my peak though :) Really enjoying learning some really challenging shred.

Vifferman, get playing!

Odin
27th May 2005, 22:31
A good cure :niceone: buy a new bike .... Not that i lost it :drinkup: :drinkup:

N4CR
27th May 2005, 23:24
Yes. I alternate obsessions.

I've currently lost my drumming mojo.

OHH MY GOODNESS! Same here.. I just cant bring myself to pick up the sticks and plant on the double pedals anymore...I'm goin to try this weekend though :niceone:

Don't wait too long or you get rusty, just like a bike I suppose..

WINJA
27th May 2005, 23:27
After being in a "motorcycle depressive state" where I just didn't really want anything to do with my bike over the past couple of months. But this morning I went for a pre-work ride and woke up half of Island Bay and blew a few emotions away. I'm ready to sort my shit and start enjoing it again.

REMINDS ME OF THAT SONG "MOTORCYCLE EMPTYNESS" DONT KNOW WHO SINGS IT

James Deuce
27th May 2005, 23:33
OHH MY GOODNESS! Same here.. I just cant bring myself to pick up the sticks and plant on the double pedals anymore...I'm goin to try this weekend though :niceone:

Don't wait too long or you get rusty, just like a bike I suppose..

What a dag!

Excellent. I can't find time to do it which is a bad sign. I used to make time if you know what I mean. Played for 30 years, taught for 10, and they desire has just gone away in the last 12 months.

N4CR
27th May 2005, 23:37
What a dag!

Excellent. I can't find time to do it which is a bad sign. I used to make time if you know what I mean. Played for 30 years, taught for 10, and they desire has just gone away in the last 12 months.

30 years. That will be very sad if you give up now! You will kick yourself :oi-grr:

I have only played for 4-5 years now and this is the longest break for a while. I suppose I'll have to get my best mate (was in his band playing bass lol) around and do some jammin!

James Deuce
27th May 2005, 23:39
30 years. That will be very sad if you give up now! You will kick yourself :oi-grr:

I have only played for 4-5 years now and this is the longest break for a while. I suppose I'll have to get my best mate (was in his band playing bass lol) around and do some jammin!

Haven't given up as such, I'm just uninspired I guess.

SPORK
28th May 2005, 00:06
Duh, learn to play with your feet!

250learna
28th May 2005, 00:13
i havent been riding for long at all, but its the reason i rush home after work/uni :yes:

Gixxer 4 ever
28th May 2005, 08:09
Not with the bike but it happens with other stuff. I find the bike brings me back to a happy place. :yes: Then other things are good again. :niceone: I note your depression in some of your writings. Sometimes you just got to go out and ride. The weather :cold: or what ever just doesn't invite you out but most times you just put on the gear and go and you are reborn. You go girl. :ride:

ajturbo
28th May 2005, 08:58
a few years ago i was perswaded (sound it out people!) to sell my beloved xj900.....:no:

i lost the will to live

then i got a cb350/4 i was ALIVE............. then my mate felt sorry for me and told me to look after his turbo.. i had to relearn how to ride.. how to talk to the cops:mad: :wait:

be myself again
how can you thank some one for that?????

andy

inlinefour
28th May 2005, 09:08

Reckon its got something to do with maturing with age. I for one no longer feel invinceable (with the help of a few cagers in the past that "assisted" me with my stopping techniques...). I now ride much more safely and sensibly. However when I'm having a total bollocks sort of a day, NOTHING helps more than a good thrashing on a decient bike... :niceone: :yes:

NC
28th May 2005, 10:51
I'd just like to say, I re-read my post.. And I would like to say, Drugs are bad kids.

Pixie
28th May 2005, 11:33

I get like that if I go more than 3 days without a proper ride,then the bugs start crawling under the skin and the shaking starts and the voices tell me to climb the clocktower with a high powered rifle,and the .....gotta go

SPORK
28th May 2005, 16:18
I'd just like to say, I re-read my post.. And I would like to say, Drugs are bad kids.
Well if drugs make bad kids, have you thought about adopting? :P

RON SOAK
28th May 2005, 16:31
ther are tymes I just loose the will to ryde. Bessy just sits there for weeks on end.....no motivation at alll....then it comes rite and I loose the motorvation for somthing else.........:weird:

NC
28th May 2005, 16:37
Well if drugs make bad kids, have you thought about adopting? :P
:nya: Why not?

scumdog
28th May 2005, 16:47
My shooting mojo is at a low - maybe the new Bushmasters at work will kick-start it?
But my wheels one is o.k.

John
28th May 2005, 16:53
My shooting mojo is at a low - maybe the new Bushmasters at work will kick-start it?
But my wheels one is o.k.
I found the best way to fix that was to take out a few carbine's and a few clips and erm - have some target practice..

250learna
29th May 2005, 01:59

yeah, go easy on that P anadol

Gixxer 4 ever
29th May 2005, 11:56
So what.. :oi-grr: ..you swap to this Hoff Avatar on the way up or the way down? Yes drugs are bad when you can have so much fun on the :ride: .

SPORK
29th May 2005, 12:15
So what.. :oi-grr: ..you swap to this Hoff Avatar on the way up or the way down? Yes drugs are bad when you can have so much fun on the :ride: .
I vote to bring back the Hoff.

John
29th May 2005, 12:28
I vote to bring back the Hoff.
You just want to see him again - leave it in the 80's people :lol: