PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Lou Girardin
20th November 2003, 14:50
Robbie Deans son, James, was killed while freeing a woman who had become trapped on the London underground tracks.
What an incredibly brave thing to do, my condolences to his family.
Lou

merv
20th November 2003, 15:09
Bloody shame and I presume the woman was trying to commit suicide in the first place.

Lou Girardin
20th November 2003, 15:12
Doesn't sound like it, it said she got her foot trapped between the tracks.
Lou

gpercivl
20th November 2003, 15:20
I heard he was in a group of several people crossing the track, one of the women caught her foot and he went back to help her.

I raced against him a few times in the Suzuki Series and he was certainly following in his father's footsteps with regard to racing skills.

My condolences to his family too. Makes you realise how quickly life can change and not to put off 'til tomorrow those things that you really want to do.

A short life full of achievement !!

Motu
20th November 2003, 16:45
oooh,bad news alright - if he was fighting a war that would be Victoria Cross stuff.

merv
20th November 2003, 19:05
The morale of the story then is no-one should be crossing the tracks, especially where there is third rail electric power. That woman hopefully has a conscience and won't do the same again and hopefully encourage her friends likewise.

RIP James.

MikeL
20th November 2003, 19:49
I was particularly shocked and saddened by the news as I knew James, as well as Robbie and his wife Claudine, from the time I lived in Tauranga many years ago. My heart goes out to the two of them at this time. It is hard to imagine a worse tragedy than losing a son or daughter.

LB
21st November 2003, 17:38
Condolences from me also (I posted a message on the road riding forum - I'm new at this posting messages game!). I echo all the above sentiments. A real tragedy. RIP James.

Lynda