PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch cruising bylaw July 1st: No exceptions for finding a park?

frogman3
26th June 2010, 20:05
The Christchurch cruising bylaw comes into affect on July 1st, and it doesn't look like there is an exception for looking for a parking space for our bikes. 2 or more vehicles driving for a common purpose(EG: you and a friend going to a restaurant) will been seen as 'cruising'.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/CruisingBylaw.pdf

‘CRUISING’ means driving repeatedly in the same direction over the same section of a road in a motor vehicle in a manner that -

(a) Draws attention to the power or sound of the engine of the motor vehicle being driven; or
(b) Creates a convoy that -
(i) Is formed otherwise than in trade; and
(ii) Impedes traffic flow.
‘MOTOR VEHICLE’ (a) Means a vehicle drawn or propelled by mechanical power; and
(b) Includes a trailer; but
(c) Does not include -
(i) A vehicle running on rails; or …
.. (iii) A trailer (other than a trailer designed solely for the carriage of goods) that is designed and used exclusively as part of the armament of the New Zealand Defence Force; or
(iv) A trailer running on one wheel and designed exclusively as a speed measuring device or for testing the wear of vehicle tyres; or
(v) A vehicle designed for amusement purposes and used exclusively within a place of recreation, amusement, or entertainment to which the public does not have access with motor vehicles; or
(vi) A pedestrian-controlled machine; or
(vii) A vehicle that the Agency has declared under section 168A is not a motor vehicle; or
(viii) A mobility device.

What does 'impede traffic flow" mean? Will bikers be able to go for a drive around in a convoy?

What if someone wanted to Protest by riding in a convoy? Doesn't the bill of rights allow peaceful protests?

blackdog
26th June 2010, 20:14
motorcycles will not be permitted to ride in convoy

frogman3
26th June 2010, 20:32
What about the parking issue?

duckonin
26th June 2010, 20:42
Dumb arse pricks who is going to patrol the roads?, police will not have the time, bloody typical of councils..

More set up to catch the annoying little prats that cruise round and round the roads at night I would imagine, to give the cops more power for when it is needed...could be wrong ..

Virago
26th June 2010, 20:50
What about the parking issue?

In my opinion panic over hypothetical parking scenarios is a little hysterical.

The new laws are simply to give the authorities more teeth to deal with an increasing social nuisance. Anyone who is genuinely driving / riding around the block looking for a park, has little to fear.

Max Preload
26th June 2010, 21:07
In my opinion panic over hypothetical parking scenarios is a little hysterical.

The new laws are simply to give the authorities more teeth to deal with an increasing social nuisance. Anyone who is genuinely driving / riding around the block looking for a park, has little to fear.

Which means there are different rules for different people based on what a cop thinks of them. Didn't Germany used to have a similar system?

Personally, I don't like any laws that allow Police to discriminate against me just because they have a feeling I might do something.

Virago
26th June 2010, 21:26
Which means there are different rules for different people based on what a cops thinks of them. Didn't Germany used to have a similar system?

Personally, I don't like any laws that allow Police to discriminate against me just because they have a feeling I might do something.

Godwin's Law so early in the discussion...? You're only serving to confirm my suggestion of hysteria.

Large amounts of law enforcement is down to police discretion. The law of Loitering With Intent does not stop you from waiting for a bus.

JimO
26th June 2010, 21:42
after having spent a friday/saturday night in a motel on bealey ave and being kept awake by dragracing cars it was like being next to a racetrack, i agree something needs to be done, i would hate to have the noise every night

Virago
26th June 2010, 21:56
after having spent a friday/saturday night in a motel on bealey ave and being kept awake by dragracing cars it was like being next to a racetrack, i agree something needs to be done, i would hate to have the noise every night

Yup, spent the occasional sleepless night on Bealey Ave myself. I now avoid the area, preferring to stay at other locations. The businesses in the area are now sufferiing badly.

And yes, I would hate to suffer that every night.

Katman
26th June 2010, 22:07
There's a lesson to be learned for someone(s) there.

ukusa
27th June 2010, 00:40

It will give the motels a bit of relief, but I guess they'll move to another route. The act only covers about half a dozen roads.

Max Preload
27th June 2010, 02:54
Godwin's Law so early in the discussion...? You're only serving to confirm my suggestion of hysteria.

Large amounts of law enforcement is down to police discretion. The law of Loitering With Intent does not stop you from waiting for a bus.

Because you have a reasonable excuse in that you're actually waiting for a bus.

We all know how police powers are abused if you don't pass their attitude or appearance test. I'm not a fan of slippery slopes, sorry.

CookMySock
27th June 2010, 10:26
(vi) A pedestrian-controlled machine;Isn't any vehicle "pedestrian controlled" ? :blink:

Steve

ynot slow
27th June 2010, 10:50
Naive of me but if I was to travel along the road several times I'd be impressed if they thought I was a boy racer,but it would mean I am lost,along with numerous people who visit Chch,imagine the older people shit scared of driving along the streets for fear of being pinged for cruising.

And the thing is Chch have a couple of areas set aside to play at Ruapuna and the speedway have events,but the diehard wankers annoying the folks living peacefull lives in semi rural areas won't use the regulated strips.I am astounded that the locals haven't taken the law into their hands,and maybe when a car is shot at or driver is injured these guys will stop,but doubt it.

The by law won't mean someone looking for a park during the day will be pinged,or even at night,but the give away is the stupid huge exhaust tip,sounds and look of car,much of which most people 25-30 yrs have got over.

wysper
27th June 2010, 12:20
Isn't any vehicle "pedestrian controlled" ? :blink:

Steve

surely once you are in control of a vehicle you are no longer a pedestrian but a driver... unless it is an RC car.

Blinkwing
27th June 2010, 12:26
Naive of me but if I was to travel along the road several times I'd be impressed if they thought I was a boy racer,but it would mean I am lost,along with numerous people who visit Chch,imagine the older people shit scared of driving along the streets for fear of being pinged for cruising.

And the thing is Chch have a couple of areas set aside to play at Ruapuna and the speedway have events,but the diehard wankers annoying the folks living peacefull lives in semi rural areas won't use the regulated strips.I am astounded that the locals haven't taken the law into their hands,and maybe when a car is shot at or driver is injured these guys will stop,but doubt it.

The by law won't mean someone looking for a park during the day will be pinged,or even at night,but the give away is the stupid huge exhaust tip,sounds and look of car,much of which most people 25-30 yrs have got over.

Thing is, if you take a potshot at the cars, they'll most likely just stop and rush the house they think did it.

Gibbo89
27th June 2010, 13:49
average joe isn't going to get pinged looking for a park, it's the drop kick in the rice racer that just drives around fucking everyone off that the cops will be keen to pull over for 'cruising' in certain areas. you should see what harper ave looks like sometimes at night on a saturday night/sunday morning. hundreds of em driving past hagley park etc and a few of em stop to drink and wank over each others pod filters and clip on spinner hub caps, not to mention take a piss on the road or in the park... can't wait for the popo to have more power against them...

Spuds1234
27th June 2010, 15:19
Dumb arse pricks who is going to patrol the roads?, police will not have the time, bloody typical of councils..

More set up to catch the annoying little prats that cruise round and round the roads at night I would imagine, to give the cops more power for when it is needed...could be wrong ..

You've hit the nail on the head.

Which means there are different rules for different people based on what a cop thinks of them. Didn't Germany used to have a similar system?

Dont know why your complaining. Your up in Auckland, it wont effect you.

People down here in Christchurch want this bylaw to happen. The boy racers are a problem here and most people are sick and tired of them.

No one would care about them if they went from A to B and then back to A. Its the fact that they drive around and around and around the same 4 roads all night keeping people awake and generally causing mayhem on the roads that people dont like.

McWild
27th June 2010, 19:29
It seems a few of you have real misconceptions of how statutes are interpreted legally. Don't look at bylaws like these in a literal sense, but with a sense of context, as in read all parts of the act within the context of the whole act, the circumstances surrounding the initial passing of the act, etc.

The clincher in this case is "attracting attention to the power or sound of your vehicle".

Now obviously there's the worry that bikes, especially sports bikes, could attract the same attention afforded to a boy racer. It seems obvious to me that if you are looking for a park in town, you could not reasonably be seen as cruising unless you're giving it shit everywhere and not slowing down to look for a park. And if you are doing that then you quite frankly deserve to be pinged.
And how often are you looking for any random parking space on any four of the avenues at the same time? They're pretty far apart from each other.

The only way you could be pulled up and charged with cruising is if you're being a dickhead and actually cruising, out playing with the boy racers or whatever. And if you are being a dick then it's not like they can only charge you now.

I've been pulled up several times before, why? Because I was riding like a twat past police cars ("attracts attention to power or sound"). This, to me, seems entirely reasonable. We have unnecessary acceleration, speeding, sustained loss, careless driving blah blah.

Anyway, I'm done, don't worry yourselves, unless you're a boy racer in which case you can get fucked.

Flip
27th June 2010, 21:02
Anyway, I'm done, don't worry yourselves, unless you're a boy racer in which case you can get fucked.

Strong works coming from you. I do however completely agree!

You have to live in Christchurch to know what a problem having gangs of twits driving around and around all night with their boom boxes and noisy exhausts is. It's a Christchurch by law specifically for Christchurch.

Max Preload
27th June 2010, 22:36
Dont know why your complaining. Your up in Auckland, it wont effect you.

People down here in Christchurch want this bylaw to happen. The boy racers are a problem here and most people are sick and tired of them.

No one would care about them if they went from A to B and then back to A. Its the fact that they drive around and around and around the same 4 roads all night keeping people awake and generally causing mayhem on the roads that people dont like.

I'm complaining because the bylaw is bullshit and I don't wish to be subjected to restricted movements here, or anywhere I might happen to be in NZ, at any time, purely at the whim of a cop. Won't be long before they move onto the next group.

First they came...

Spuds1234
27th June 2010, 23:06
I'm complaining because the bylaw is bullshit and I don't wish to be subjected to restricted movements here, or anywhere I might happen to be in NZ, at any time, purely at the whim of a cop. Won't be long before they move onto the next group.

First they came...

I believe its unlikely they will come for anyone else unless there is another group that starts to annoy people, trash car parks, vandelise property, shoot at police, and generally cause mayhem most nights of the week.

The law is only restricting if your driving like a twat. I guess if that applies to you then you wont be coming down to Christchurch, and Christchurch wouldnt want you here anyway.

No real loss there really.

swbarnett
27th June 2010, 23:14
Isn't any vehicle "pedestrian controlled" ? :blink:

Steve
No, as soon as you step on or in the vehicle you cease to be a pedestrian.

Max Preload
28th June 2010, 01:40
I believe its unlikely they will come for anyone else unless...

Not the point at all. Not even close.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Spuds1234
28th June 2010, 07:08
Not the point at all. Not even close.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Ive only had a short experience of history so far. Maybe Im to young. But what was your point then?

Max Preload
28th June 2010, 12:05
Ive only had a short experience of history so far. Maybe Im to young. But what was your point then?

My point is we must always be wary of Authorities and Police gaining too much power - it will be abused.

NighthawkNZ
28th June 2010, 12:46
Personally I don't believe they need a new bylaw... there are enough previsions in the current law to deal with the problem... as well as many of the other problems in society... they are just either forgotten the law is there, to scared to use it, or haven't put two and two together that this law can also be used here, here and here...

Just because the bylaw is there it won't stop them driving round with their boom boxes and fart valves...

I have nothing against them cruising... heck I use to do it years ago... but agree we weren't making noise and ruckessnessnessness... :baby:

but yes the noisy vehicles and nusance, desterbing the peace are also laws that can be already used... get a warning over noise next time your car or stereo is impounded just they have the power to do now by taking stereo from a party... pour Diesel on the road... arrested for causing hazrds conditions... do burnouts on charge for loss of traction, causing nusance, desterbing the peace are also law... add 3 strike and you are out ... it will sort itself out.

there are enough laws already to regulate the little bit of freedom you have left which is not a lot anyway... but thats just me.

MSTRS
28th June 2010, 14:57
My point is we must always be weary of Authorities and Police gaining too much power - it will be abused.

I'm wary of them, too...
If this bylaw applies to certain streets, then you can bet the backwards caps will just move to other streets. Eventually. A bylaw is not going to stop them.

JMemonic
28th June 2010, 15:27
Personally I don't believe they need a new bylaw... there are enough previsions in the current law to deal with the problem... as well as many of the other problems in society... they are just either forgotten the law is there, to scared to use it, or haven't put two and two together that this law can also be used here, here and here...

Just because the bylaw is there it won't stop them driving round with their boom boxes and fart valves...

I have nothing against them cruising... heck I use to do it years ago... but agree we weren't making noise and ruckessnessnessness... :baby:

but yes the noisy vehicles and nusance, desterbing the peace are also laws that can be already used... get a warning over noise next time your car or stereo is impounded just they have the power to do now by taking stereo from a party... pour Diesel on the road... arrested for causing hazrds conditions... do burnouts on charge for loss of traction, causing nusance, desterbing the peace are also law... add 3 strike and you are out ... it will sort itself out.

there are enough laws already to regulate the little bit of freedom you have left which is not a lot anyway... but thats just me.

This is all very true although laws only apply when there is a breach of the law, the issue here is each car for the most case complies with the legal noise limits an sustained loss of traction etc only apply if the offence is committed, but I might use the football (soccer) world cup as an example here.

That stupid horn the vesuvula (or what ever its called) is annoying, if you are attempting to actually watch a game its a distraction at the least, and may cause one to actually turn off the sound or just say stuff it and wait for the final score in the paper, now one of those horns intermittently would be ok but given the hundreds of them in the stadium at any given time its downright obnoxious, this is the four aves in Christchurch, you get 10 cars in convoy all at the maximum limit driving down the road and well its a bit much, then the same cars just go for laps around the block. Residents rightly are at the end of their tether as are the business in the area (not to mention the patients and staff at the hospital), now perhaps if it was just 10 cars they would come around oh every 15 to 20 minutes but its literally hundreds, and many of them are just bordering on legal.

This bylaw is just another tool in the arsenal the police have to use in an attempt to restore peace to the streets here, the situation might not be so bad if these youth (although in some cases that's not the case) would head out to Ruapuna on organised events, and people have actually tried to set up options for this but they don't want to pay a small fee to use the facilities, I guess twenty dollars or so would cut into their fuel money.

Not having a go at you NH but I think many are thinking the same as you without an understanding of the situation, this is a case of the news media not actually portraying the real situation, they have focused on the burnouts and worst of the behaviour but have missed the real picture to sensationalise the minor problems.

JMemonic
28th June 2010, 15:32
I'w wary of them, too...
If this bylaw applies to certain streets, then you can bet the backwards caps will just move to other streets. Eventually. A bylaw is not going to stop them.

That in its self is another issue but one of the reasons they do the laps of the city is simply because its the centre of the city, finding another suitable location to congregate, with the fast food, bars etc near by is not as easy, one road that was popular now has speed humps, and the lower cars scrape across them, this would not be an option on the main routes around the city.

neels
28th June 2010, 15:34
If this bylaw applies to certain streets, then you can bet the backwards caps will just move to other streets.
Yup, they moved to Bob Parker's (http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=116528&fm=psp,tst)street. I bet he didn't anticipate that byproduct of his bylaw.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

imdying
28th June 2010, 15:34
It's all a moot point, the police here don't have the resources to enforce it like is being implied, even if they wanted to. This is just another law that they'll roll out twice a year and enforce enmass, achieveing nothing but the issuing of a few more fines.

MSTRS
28th June 2010, 15:35
That in its self is another issue but one of the reasons they do the laps of the city is simply because its the centre of the city, finding another suitable location to congregate, with the fast food, bars etc near by is not as easy, one road that was popular now has speed humps, and the lower cars scrape across them, this would not be an option on the main routes around the city.
Similar types do it here too. The main difference is that they cruise in numbers (40+?) between Napier and Hastings, bumper to bumper at 70kph. On 100kph roads.

JMemonic
28th June 2010, 15:49
It's all a moot point, the police here don't have the resources to enforce it like is being implied, even if they wanted to. This is just another law that they'll roll out twice a year and enforce enmass, achieveing nothing but the issuing of a few more fines.

Unfortunately true.

Similar types do it here too. The main difference is that they cruise in numbers (40+?) between Napier and Hastings, bumper to bumper at 70kph. On 100kph roads.

Had to look on google maps, (never spent much time in the North Island) and I see how that can be an issue, I guess if they are complying with the laws there would be little the police could do.

I have had a re-read and figure perhaps folks might get the wrong idea about my thoughts in this one. I am not against them having the ability to socialise, gather and discuss issues that affect them, hook up and live on the fruits of love (just wish they would dispose of the skins more thoughtfully) etc, what I am opposed to is the fact some go out of the way to be particularly obnoxious, and others (the majority perhaps) don't actually realise how their actions affect the folks who live in the area. The worst of it is a mob mentality seems to rule the thinking and its the worst of the idiots who lead the mobs as they seem to have the strength of will, (though not the smarts to actually think of cause and reaction), to lead.

Spearfish
28th June 2010, 16:54
In the tradition of sarcasm...
I feel sorry for these kids they are just expressing themselves...and they have been raised in a climate of total freedom with diminished responsibility so how come a change of Govt suddenly changes all rules, surly the parents of those kids are and always were the master of their own destiny?
Surly the extreme left and and child development experts, experimenting with the aspirations of youth through social engineering over the last ten years didn't have a consequence did it?
Remember the greens didn't think kids engaging in anti social behaviour in cars should even be prosecuted at all, because their brains haven't matured so its not their fault but on the other hand didn't want to raise the driving age.

Seriously though, until the cars are crushed in a public name and shame campaign then anything in the form of a fine just becomes a trophy of the night.

rastuscat
30th June 2010, 11:31
motorcycles will not be permitted to ride in convoy

Yes they will, as long as they don't go round and round and round and round etc.

So there.

Banditbandit
30th June 2010, 13:05
I'm surprised and dismayed at many of the attitudes displayed here ... Young people and cars have been an issue since they invented cars ... drag racing was created to give young people a legal alternative to street racing ... in one of the earliest incidents I know of, the 1903 running of the then infamous Paris-Madrid unsanctioned road race was stopped by the authorities at Bordeaux for safety reasons - several people had been killed ... what kind of speeds would they have got in 1903 ???

The word "Hoon" has been arond longer than "boy racer". What were you all like when you were that age? (Oh, sorry .. most of you seem to be that age ...) I'll bet many of you were (and still are) Hoons ...

I'm reluctant to give the authorities any more power than they need, especially when they will use it "at their discretion ..." We're all vulnerable ... as Martin Niemöller said:

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

So - they're coming for the "boy racers" ... who will speak up ???

Kickaha
30th June 2010, 17:35

Quite a lot of people and chances are they'll be saying "take the annoying little cunts away and crush their cars with the driver in them"

They deserve everything they get

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 17:43
where is my government issued Glock and free unlimited ammunition? I'll take care of boy racer scum no charge.

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 17:44
I'm surprised and dismayed at many of the attitudes displayed here ... Young people and cars have been an issue since they invented cars ... drag racing was created to give young people a legal alternative to street racing ... in one of the earliest incidents I know of, the 1903 running of the then infamous Paris-Madrid unsanctioned road race was stopped by the authorities at Bordeaux for safety reasons - several people had been killed ... what kind of speeds would they have got in 1903 ???

The word "Hoon" has been arond longer than "boy racer". What were you all like when you were that age? (Oh, sorry .. most of you seem to be that age ...) I'll bet many of you were (and still are) Hoons ...

I'm reluctant to give the authorities any more power than they need, especially when they will use it "at their discretion ..." We're all vulnerable ... as Martin Niemöller said:

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

When they come for the hippies, I won't be speaking up for you. Just letting you know.

scumdog
30th June 2010, 17:44

Hysteria?

KB is rampant with it....items like this are topic-de-jour for all members of the KB Paranoia Group...."the sky is falling, the sky is falling...waaaa" - until a new 'crisis' appears...then it starts all over again!

scumdog
30th June 2010, 17:47

Fuck the 'boy racers' - they had tons of time to sort their shit out but didn't.

Now it's suddenly a waah-fest for them.

HTFU....

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 17:47
Unfortunately true.

Had to look on google maps, (never spent much time in the North Island) and I see how that can be an issue, I guess if they are complying with the laws there would be little the police could do.

well if they are "Bumper to bumper" they are following too close (ding: an offence) and if they are doing 70 in a 100 they are impeding traffic (ding). not to mention the numerous other offences if they got pulled over.

My "two bullets in the brain" solution is looking better every day, innit?

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 17:51

bad example. "Loitering with intent" is an intent to commit a criminal offence. Which boarding a bus is not, if you intend to pay the fare, sit quietly, and get off at an assigned stop. If your intent is to hijack the bus, take the other passengers hostage, and sell their organs on the black market, then yes, loitering with intent to do that would be an offence.

"Mens Rea" I think it used to be called in the trade "guilty mind"

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 17:53
Hysteria?

KB is rampant with it....items like this are topic-de-jour for all members of the KB Paranoia Group...."the sky is falling, the sky is falling...waaaa" - until a new 'crisis' appears...then it starts all over again!

my crisis has been after eating a lot of sweets (specifically Pascalls Jet Planes), I got bunged up something chronic. Luckily the solution is a drink called Kiwi Crush. And fresh pineapple, which goes through me like a laser beam.

Kickaha
30th June 2010, 18:01
My "two bullets in the brain" solution is looking better every day, innit?

Two bullets? you must be a really shitty shot

HenryDorsetCase
30th June 2010, 18:28
Two bullets? you must be a really shitty shot

If its good enough for Jason Bourne........

Spearfish
30th June 2010, 18:39
Three strikes game over starts next month...bring it on!
I bet hardly any social retards get the bill for their crushed car though.

Banditbandit
1st July 2010, 08:33
Quite a lot of people and chances are they'll be saying "take the annoying little cunts away and crush their cars with the driver in them"

They deserve everything they get

where is my government issued Glock and free unlimited ammunition? I'll take care of boy racer scum no charge.

When they come for the hippies, I won't be speaking up for you. Just letting you know.

I'm not a hippie ... I have my own arsenal ... when they come for me I'll be ready ... and I reckon I can shoot better than the cops ...

Fuck the 'boy racers' - they had tons of time to sort their shit out but didn't.

Now it's suddenly a waah-fest for them.

HTFU....

And I've heard exactly the same things said about bike riders ... been hearing it for many many years ... and we're still here ... How many car drivers look at bikers and think "annoying cunts" ... and the same things you're all saying were said in Germany before and during WWII ... "Fuck the Jews . they're getting what they deserve" ... if you can't see the parallels, then we are in deep shit.

I agree boy racers can be annoying .. but hey, when I lived in Chch in the early to mid '70s I was riding a Triumph 650 with no mufflers .. used to love going into the back streets late at night (avoiding cops) .. then bang the bike down a gear or two and listen to the sound bouncing off the houses .. "wake up straights - I'm alive !!!" Why should I now be the judgemental and vindictive one.

The only difference is the time ... and they're on four wheels ...

JMemonic
1st July 2010, 11:17

And travelling in packs of up to hundreds of cars but you just dont get that part.

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 11:46
I'm not a hippie ... I have my own arsenal ... when they come for me I'll be ready ... and I reckon I can shoot better than the cops ...

And I've heard exactly the same things said about bike riders ... been hearing it for many many years ... and we're still here ... How many car drivers look at bikers and think "annoying cunts" ... and the same things you're all saying were said in Germany before and during WWII ... "Fuck the Jews . they're getting what they deserve" ... if you can't see the parallels, then we are in deep shit.

I agree boy racers can be annoying .. but hey, when I lived in Chch in the early to mid '70s I was riding a Triumph 650 with no mufflers .. used to love going into the back streets late at night (avoiding cops) .. then bang the bike down a gear or two and listen to the sound bouncing off the houses .. "wake up straights - I'm alive !!!" Why should I now be the judgemental and vindictive one.

I actually did give this some serious thought. I do acknowledge there is a bit of contraditction between my libertarian views of things in general, and my desire to put two in the head of every boy racer scumbag I see.

I think what it comes down to is this: Partly jealousy: I'm no longer young, or one of the cool kids (if I ever was). Having said that I remember my teens early 20's as being some staggeringly good moments interspersed with some awful stuff and crushing boredom and all that. Growing up, I think thats called. And I used to be as loose as anyone, on bikes, in cars, annoying. But the key differences are these: Our cars were pieces of shit, generally: Morris minors, morris 1100's, Ford Scrotinas, Ford Escorts, various Jap pieces of crap. They didnt go fast, particularly, or far. Our bikes were "high performance" for the time: but compared with now 200+ kg dry and 80-100 hP in total? not so much. But the biggest difference is, I think, that there were a lot less of us, AND we actively sought to get be somewhere quiet and out of the way and relatively undisturbed: Port Hills, Coes Ford, Selwyn river, or rural south canterbury where I grew up. Or at least escaped from early.

These kids today (yes, I've turned into me Dad) have no respect for anything, and actively congregate where they will be seen, will be the most disruptive, there are heaps of them, and they generally piss me off. Can't we transport them to the Martian penal colonies or something? Dilithium mines of Rura Pente perhaps?

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 11:49
And travelling in packs of up to hundreds of cars but you just dont get that part.

that too. Its technology though: because with a cellphone its easy to organise that stuff. Back in the day you had to ring landlines if people had them, or meet them face to face and organise stuff. hilarious

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 11:49

that too. Its technology though: because with a cellphone its easy to organise that stuff. Back in the day you had to ring landlines if people had them, or meet them face to face and organise stuff. hilarious

imdying
1st July 2010, 11:51
as Martin Niemöller said:

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.Yeah, was a nice little speech... mitigated by the fact that commies, unionists and jews, are all parasites that deserved what they got.

Banditbandit
1st July 2010, 12:28

Who says I don't get it ... Never travelled in packs of hundreds of bikes - except maybe the Bikoi to Parliament - but certainly travelled in large groups of bikes ... which were much noisier than than the cars now ( no restrictions and hhollow or glass-pack mufflers)

And I seriously doubt there are packs of hundreds of cars .. 200 cars would likely stretch several kilometres. A lot - yes - several hundred ? Naw ...

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 12:29
The cops can't do fuck all about people cruising. It's my right as a citizen to drive around whenever I want, providing the vehicle I am driving is legal and I'm not breaking any road rules. This 'anti cruising law' is not one of those road rules!

Banditbandit
1st July 2010, 12:40
I actually did give this some serious thought. I do acknowledge there is a bit of contraditction between my libertarian views of things in general, and my desire to put two in the head of every boy racer scumbag I see.

I think what it comes down to is this: Partly jealousy: I'm no longer young, or one of the cool kids (if I ever was). Having said that I remember my teens early 20's as being some staggeringly good moments interspersed with some awful stuff and crushing boredom and all that. Growing up, I think thats called. And I used to be as loose as anyone, on bikes, in cars, annoying. But the key differences are these: Our cars were pieces of shit, generally: Morris minors, morris 1100's, Ford Scrotinas, Ford Escorts, various Jap pieces of crap. They didnt go fast, particularly, or far. Our bikes were "high performance" for the time: but compared with now 200+ kg dry and 80-100 hP in total? not so much. But the biggest difference is, I think, that there were a lot less of us, AND we actively sought to get be somewhere quiet and out of the way and relatively undisturbed: Port Hills, Coes Ford, Selwyn river, or rural south canterbury where I grew up. Or at least escaped from early.

These kids today (yes, I've turned into me Dad) have no respect for anything, and actively congregate where they will be seen, will be the most disruptive, there are heaps of them, and they generally piss me off. Can't we transport them to the Martian penal colonies or something? Dilithium mines of Rura Pente perhaps?

A libertarian ??? My God .. I never would have guesed. (not being sarcastic)

I refused to turn into my Dad ... or anything resembling the majority of the previous generation .. I suspect that most of my contemporaries did tho' .. and least you recongise it ...

Yeah, the technology has changed and the cars are much faster and more powerful .. and the car steroes .. I could never afford one until around 1986 (Yeah - I had a deprived childhood) .. but the new ones are bloody loud ... and yeah, we made ourselves scarce generally - less hassle from the cops on the north end of Brighton Beach, or in someone's flat with a couple of joints ... I wonder how many of these boy (and girl) racers are living at home? They couldn't afford to spend money on their their cars if they had to look after themselves as well could they? I certainly couldn't back then - hard enough just to keep it running, let alone tart it up ...

I think all old peope think teenagers should be exported to the planet they really came from ... I wonder what the current crop of teenagers will be complaining about when they are more than 40 years old ?

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 12:50
A libertarian ??? My God .. I never would have guesed. (not being sarcastic)

My political and social views basically boil down to this "Do what you want, till it pisses of the neighbours"

Muppet
1st July 2010, 12:55
Jesus Christ some people know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill don't they? This is an offence aimed at boy racers not bikers. Police are not interested in dealing with bikers just boy racers. The public have had a gutsful, hence new laws like this one and noisy exhaust etc etc. If any boy racers reading this have a problem with the new laws, just remember this: You pricks started it. Go and talk to the Bealey Ave Motel owners who get property damaged and fuckwits doing burnouts on their driveways. Go and talk to the patients at the Southern Cross Hospital who have to be moved during the night because of the noise.

onearmedbandit
1st July 2010, 13:04
Who says I don't get it ... Never travelled in packs of hundreds of bikes - except maybe the Bikoi to Parliament - but certainly travelled in large groups of bikes ... which were much noisier than than the cars now ( no restrictions and hhollow or glass-pack mufflers)

And I seriously doubt there are packs of hundreds of cars .. 200 cars would likely stretch several kilometres. A lot - yes - several hundred ? Naw ...

Ever driven down Bealy Ave or Fitzgerald Ave on a Friday or Saturday night? While waiting at a red light you will easily see 20 cars go past on the 3 lanes, if not more. When they get a run on the lights (they had to re-time the lights on Bealy) you will easily get 100 cars moving on masse.

The cops can't do fuck all about people cruising. It's my right as a citizen to drive around whenever I want, providing the vehicle I am driving is legal and I'm not breaking any road rules. This 'anti cruising law' is not one of those road rules!

Ah but the council control how the streets are used (do you know you can get a ticket for parking over your own driveway?) and if they decide to restrict access to heavy vehicles (for example. We've all seen the signs around advertising this very fact) they can do. If they choose to restrict access at all, they can do that as well.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 13:41
Go and talk to the Bealey Ave Motel owners who get property damaged

So do people intentionally crash their cars into the Bealey Ave motels?

onearmedbandit
1st July 2010, 13:45
So do people intentionally crash their cars into the Bealey Ave motels?

Nuh, but they hurl bottles/cans, damage fences, piss in gardens. Pretty sure they wouldn't like it if people went around to their places, or say their parents places and acted in the same way.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 14:19
Nuh, but they hurl bottles/cans, damage fences, piss in gardens. Pretty sure they wouldn't like it if people went around to their places, or say their parents places and acted in the same way.

I fail to see how banning cruising is going to stop vandals from destroying other peoples property.

imdying
1st July 2010, 14:24
I fail to see how banning cruising is going to stop vandals from destroying other peoples property.Well, for us, getting rid of the boy racers (cost a few grand to eliminate their access, but has been extremely worthwhile) has meant:
- No more broken beer bottles in the car park (hooray!!!)
- No soot stains on walls where little dick heads have left their cars running for ages with their exhaust in close proximity
- No used condoms to clean up
- No cigarette butts to clean up
- No more broken windows and other misc property

Banning cruising doesn't get rid of 100% of vandals, just (in Christchurch on a weekend evening) most of them.

If that hadn't have worked, I would have simply z nailed them again.

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 14:31
I fail to see how banning cruising is going to stop vandals from destroying other peoples property.

Um. if the vandals are in cars and the cars arent around then the vandalism will reduce. QED

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 14:32
Well, for us, getting rid of the boy racers (cost a few grand to eliminate their access, but has been extremely worthwhile) has meant:
- No more broken beer bottles in the car park (hooray!!!)
- No soot stains on walls where little dick heads have left their cars running for ages with their exhaust in close proximity
- No used condoms to clean up
- No cigarette butts to clean up
- No more broken windows and other misc property

Banning cruising doesn't get rid of 100% of vandals, just (in Christchurch on a weekend evening) most of them.

If that hadn't have worked, I would have simply z nailed them again.

care to elucidate?

imdying
1st July 2010, 14:36
care to elucidate?Which part mate?

onearmedbandit
1st July 2010, 14:50
I'm guessing the 'z nails' part lol.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 14:50
It's always funny to see how people think that by eliminating 'boy racers', all of lifes problems will be solved. It will not stop the vandals who go around destroying property, it will not stop people from littering and it will not stop violence.

Drunk idiots are going to be drunk idiots, no matter what laws the government brings in. If these people are not out in cars causing trouble, then they will be out on foot causing at least as much trouble.

The majority of people who go out cruising are fairly responsible people, it's the idiots (who are very easy to spot) who drive around in their $500 Corollas with cut springs, matt black paint jobs, wheels that stick out 30mm past the guards and window tints so dark it's amazing that they driver can even see out of the side windows. These are the people who cause the majority of the problems, from what I have seen.

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 14:54
It's always funny to see how people think that by eliminating 'boy racers', all of lifes problems will be solved. It will not stop the vandals who go around destroying property, it will not stop people from littering and it will not stop violence.

Drunk idiots are going to be drunk idiots, no matter what laws the government brings in. If these people are not out in cars causing trouble, then they will be out on foot causing at least as much trouble.

The majority of people who go out cruising are fairly responsible people, it's the idiots (who are very easy to spot) who drive around in their $500 Corollas with cut springs, matt black paint jobs, wheels that stick out 30mm past the guards and window tints so dark it's amazing that they driver can even see out of the side windows. These are the people who cause the majority of the problems, from what I have seen.

so even the boi racer community has a caste system? I thought untouchables were untouchables (apart from the bonnet fucks, but I wouldnt touch them with yours)

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 15:00
I'm guessing the 'z nails' part lol.

yep. yep. yep.

imdying
1st July 2010, 15:00
I'm guessing the 'z nails' part lol.In that case, no comment.

It's always funny to see how people think that by eliminating 'boy racers', all of lifes problems will be solved.One example of someone who thinks this? I haven't read anything in this thread that suggests that.

It will not stop the vandals who go around destroying property, it will not stop people from littering and it will not stop violence.It will not stop them all, as they're not all boy racers, but it will stop those that are, and in the case of the four aves, that means 95% of them. Previously, before they were moved on from Colombo st, you might get the occasional drunk who would urinate on the shop front... I don't know, maybe twice a year? Which is a fuck of a lot better than 10 times a weekend. So I guess it's more like 99.2% of them then.

If these people are not out in cars causing trouble, then they will be out on foot causing at least as much trouble.Wrong again... If that were the case, then it wouldn't be an ever increasing problem that follows around where the boy racers currently haunt.

The majority of people who go out cruising are fairly responsible peopleWrong.

These are the people who cause the majority of the problems, from what I have seen.Wrong wrong wrong, and I have the video evidence to prove it.

onearmedbandit
1st July 2010, 15:12
I live in St Albans, I work in Riccarton, so I go down Harper Ave quite regularly. The bottles/cans/rubbish littering almost the entire strip of road is amaing, and proves it's not the minority. And watching the cars roll through town, 80% are pieces of shit, '85 Lazers, old skool 'rolla's, trashed hatchbacks of varying vintage, even WRX's and the early Evo's are looking pretty fucking rough these days. The other 20% are made up of vehicles the owners have put both time and money into, some very nice examples from old V8's etc through to late model hi-po Japanese (and on occasion Euro) sedans and coupes. But these are by far the exception.

You're an ignorant fool if you think that we believe the anti-cruising law will stop all vandalism, or solve all of lifes problems, a pathetic argument employed only because you know what we are saying is correct. Heck imdying can give you personal experience on how eliminating access to businesses on Fitzgerald Ave has reduced vandalism for them. And the same will happen on Bealy Ave and the rest of them now too.

A lot of us have had or still have hi-po cars. A lot of us used to cruise the streets every Friday and Saturday night. None of this is new to us. But what is new is that the new crop who have taken over from the likes of imdying and me (and many others on here) have well and truly shat in their own nest. No one to blame but themselves.

imdying
1st July 2010, 15:18
has reduced vandalism for themAnd the ones it hasn't eliminated are now captured on camera and prosecuted. Half a century without it, but the wave of little boys in their shit heap cars became too much at the last law change.

I feel sorry for those retailers on Colombo St who had to put up with it increasingly for the decade previous.

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 15:21
Had a client who rented a warehouse/workshop/office in Carlyle street. EVERY weekend there was poo in their garden-ette out front, broken glass all over the road and carpark, they were successfully broken into twice, had two other attempts they were aware of. used rubber johnnys all over the place, and an overpowering smell of piss. Used to high pressure wash every Monday.

Then, when the po po finally got tough (about a month before their lease was up), and moved on the boi racer scum, wow, amazing, no problems.

Unit is still vacant, or was last I looked.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 16:13
Wrong again... If that were the case, then it wouldn't be an ever increasing problem that follows around where the boy racers currently haunt.

Wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong, and I have the video evidence to prove it.

What video evidence? Do you and your mates ever cruise the aves on weekends?

imdying
1st July 2010, 16:34
What video evidence? Do you and your mates ever cruise the aves on weekends?Security camera footage.

No, we don't cruise the aves, we have lives and shit...

onearmedbandit
1st July 2010, 16:56
What video evidence? Do you and your mates ever cruise the aves on weekends?

What imdying said. However I'm about 1.5km from Bealy Ave, so I travel the Ave quite often going over to mates etc, see it all first hand there.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 17:42
Security camera footage.

No, we don't cruise the aves, we have lives and shit...

It's not really that bad. The media blow it all out of proportion. It's nothing like the good old days 5 years ago, people doing skids down Moorehouse ave, 180kmh traffic light grand prix at every set of traffic lights....Cruising has been up to fuck all over the last 2 years. The aves have basically died off on their own accord, long before any 'anti cruising' legislation was even thought of.

imdying
1st July 2010, 17:49
You realise the problems are as much social as driving related, right? :confused:

Banditbandit
1st July 2010, 17:50
Which part mate?

That part where y're playing with Mickey Mouse ... I want to see that one in slow motion ..

imdying
1st July 2010, 17:53
You what now?

dipshit
1st July 2010, 17:55
If these people are not out in cars causing trouble, then they will be out on foot causing at least as much trouble.

But then their range to hang out in will be limited closer to their suburbanite homes... so they tend to behave more as mummy and daddy have a far greater chance of finding out what they have been up to.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 17:57
But then their range to hang out in will be limited closer to their suburbanite homes... so they tend to behave more as mummy and daddy have a far greater chance of finding out what they have been up to.

You have a very valid point there; although a lot of the trouble makers have little regard for authority, so they will just buy a de-registered $200 car and drive that until it gets impounded, and the cycle repeats itself.

Jantar
1st July 2010, 17:59
... so they will just buy a de-registered $200 car and drive that until it gets impounded, and the cycle repeats itself. Unfortuantely you may be right. So maybe we should crush the drivers and leave the cars at the wreckers.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 18:02
Unfortuantely you may be right. So maybe we should crush the drivers and leave the cars at the wreckers.

People who spend $10,000 on their pride and joy are less likely to be the hooligans who feel the need to damage peoples property and drive dangerously, compared to people who drive a $300 car. I personally know of several groups of people who all chip in $50 to buy a cheap car, knowing that it's going to get impounded within days, even hours of getting it. Once it's impounded, they don't even bother getting it back again.

scumdog
1st July 2010, 18:11
The aves have basically died off on their own accord, long before any 'anti cruising' legislation was even thought of.

So the cruiser won't be affected then?

scumdog
1st July 2010, 18:12
You have a very valid point there; although a lot of the trouble makers have little regard for authority, so they will just buy a de-registered $200 car and drive that until it gets impounded, and the cycle repeats itself.

It'l be a passing fad - it takes too much organisation.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 18:12
So the cruiser won't be affected then?

Could be ay.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 18:14

Surely that kind of thing must happen quite often though?

The Pastor
1st July 2010, 18:25
its funny how motorcyclists were just like the boy racers in the 70's. I bet if bikes were as popular today as they were back then you'd all be singing a different tune.

JMemonic
1st July 2010, 18:35
People who spend $10,000 on their pride and joy are less likely to be the hooligans who feel the need to damage peoples property and drive dangerously, compared to people who drive a $300 car. I personally know of several groups of people who all chip in $50 to buy a cheap car, knowing that it's going to get impounded within days, even hours of getting it. Once it's impounded, they don't even bother getting it back again.

Going by what you are saying here the person who spends huge amounts of money would not want to be around the cheap beat up P.O.S. yet this seems to not be the case from my observations.

If it was just a case of those who have decent vehicles cruising without drain pipes for exhausts, (and I love seeing all the cars with a standard pipe from the engine of say inch & 1/2 going up a 4 inch tail, and the cars a P.O.S auto), that are not creating excess noise etc would not be affected by this legislation. Fine it works then.

As to you earlier eluding to the good old days your simply too young to have a clue what they really were, and where they really happened.

The council has built a burnout pad, congregate there, there are open track days, prove your cars there not on suburban streets where people live, and work.

You know we dont want to have to clean up after you, (your mates pissing and shitting in my mother garden was uncalled for there were public toilets down the road use them), folks in the hospital should have the right to peace and quite, (as much as is possible there), and not have to listen to the constant drone of overly loud cars and the doof doof of the sound systems, let alone the burn outs. If you are in the group who have dollars tied up in decent cars then you lot should be policing the situation and moving on or calling the cops, (you might dislike them but you need to imagine our society without them), and working with the community instead of against it.

dipshit
1st July 2010, 18:38
its funny how motorcyclists were just like the boy racers in the 70's. I bet if bikes were as popular today as they were back then you'd all be singing a different tune.

No, I don't like wankers on bikes either.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 18:40
Going by what you are saying here the person who spends huge amounts of money would not want to be around the cheap beat up P.O.S. yet this seems to not be the case from my observations.

If it was just a case of those who have decent vehicles cruising without drain pipes for exhausts, (and I love seeing all the cars with a standard pipe from the engine of say inch & 1/2 going up a 4 inch tail, and the cars a P.O.S auto), that are not creating excess noise etc would not be affected by this legislation. Fine it works then.

As to you earlier eluding to the good old days your simply too young to have a clue what they really were, and where they really happened.

The council has built a burnout pad, congregate there, there are open track days, prove your cars there not on suburban streets where people live, and work.

You know we dont want to have to clean up after you, (your mates pissing and shitting in my mother garden was uncalled for there were public toilets down the road use them), folks in the hospital should have the right to peace and quite, (as much as is possible there), and not have to listen to the constant drone of overly loud cars and the doof doof of the sound systems, let alone the burn outs. If you are in the group who have dollars tied up in decent cars then you lot should be policing the situation and moving on or calling the cops, (you might dislike them but you need to imagine our society without them), and working with the community instead of against it.

If you've ever been to the skids you'd notice that most of the cars on the diesel are bogan as GTS-Ts, S14s, VN Commies, DX Rollas etc, not the real mint cars which have had $20,000 spent on them. Half the 2WD cars there need to be on diesel just to spin up!

JMemonic
1st July 2010, 18:46
If you've ever been to the skids you'd notice that most of the cars on the diesel are bogan as GTS-Ts, S14s, VN Commies, DX Rollas etc, not the real mint cars which have had $20,000 spent on them. Half the 2WD cars there need to be on diesel just to spin up!

Still you just dont get it do you. I am engaged in a battle of wits with a unarmed individual, at this point I shall bow out and leave you to gather your thoughts until you can comprehend what I said in the last post.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 18:47
Still you just dont get it do you. I am engaged in a battle of wits with a unarmed individual, at this point I shall bow out and leave you to gather your thoughts until you can comprehend what I said in the last post.

Dope deal.

The Pastor
1st July 2010, 19:23
No, I don't like wankers on bikes either.

you'd be more sympathetic as you know what harrasment based on what vechicle you drive/ride would be like. Regardles of how you ride.

dipshit
1st July 2010, 19:59
you'd be more sympathetic as you know what harrasment based on what vechicle you drive/ride would be like. Regardles of how you ride.

You must have me mistaken for Ixion.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 20:02

I've always wondered why I get harassed for driving a car with no mufflers.

Flip
1st July 2010, 20:13

The $1000 fine will slow them down PDQ.

Kickaha
1st July 2010, 20:19
The $1000 fine will slow them down PDQ.

Not really, just dont bother paying them, build them up enough and they'll wipe them or pay them off at $10 a week

A young guy at work and his partner had 10K worth of car related fines each, both had them on tick at $10 per week

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2010, 20:27
I've always wondered why I get harassed for driving a car with no mufflers.

drive it round my house. I own a sawzall and a sledgehammer and a lot of power tools, I'll sort it out for you.

Flip
1st July 2010, 20:34

They have nobody else to blame but themselves. In my opinion the boi racers are just rebels without a cause or a clue, I actually feel sorry for them because we got away with it and they are not. They just think of them selves as modern day robin hoods thumbing their noses collectively at the rest of us. They will grow up in the end then it will be their turn to pay their taxes and complain about whatever the youth of today are doing. Those who fail to understand history are doomed to relive it.
Personally I don't like them, I take umbrage at the snotty nose middle class attitudes, with daddy's money and daddy's lawyer, as soon as the govt raises the drinking age to 20 and more importantly makes the supply of liquor to minors an offense the better. Oh I also believe the driving age should be 17.
A $1000 fine for being a pest..........................Ha Ha!

scumdog
1st July 2010, 20:35
Not really, just dont bother paying them, build them up enough and they'll wipe them or pay them off at $10 a week

A young guy at work and his partner had 10K worth of car related fines each, both had them on tick at $10 per week

I'll bet by the time they're 30+ years old the novelty will be worn a tad thin though....

Flip
1st July 2010, 20:37

It catches up with them. I know of one old boy racer who wanted a loan on a house and the bank would not lend him a bean until he had paid his fines.

Trust me it catches up with them and fucks them over.

scumdog
1st July 2010, 20:38
Oh I also believe the driving age should be 17........................Ha Ha!

Nah, piss-off!
Ya can't legally buy piss, vote or by smokes until you're 18 so why should they not wait until 18 to get their drivers licence???

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 20:46
drive it round my house. I own a sawzall and a sledgehammer and a lot of power tools, I'll sort it out for you.

Thanks for the offer, but it's too quiet so I bought a screamer pipe for it.

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 20:47
Nah, piss-off!
Ya can't legally buy piss, vote or by smokes until you're 18 so why should they not wait until 18 to get their drivers licence???

Then why can 16 year olds root (legally)?

Flip
1st July 2010, 20:48
OK 18, you talked me into it.

That would be 19 1/2 before you can get your full. I got my full on my 15th birthday.

scumdog
1st July 2010, 20:51
Then why can 16 year olds root (legally)?

Put the age for that up too - sex is wasted on juvies eh!

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 20:58

Why else do you think I'm at school in a class full of 16 year olds when I'm 20?

rustic101
1st July 2010, 21:04
I heard the mayor is setting up cruise cameras??? Or was that gay cruising I think he may of said he was doing when he losses his job bahahaha

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 21:35
I heard the mayor is setting up cruise cameras??? Or was that gay cruising I think he may of said he was doing when he losses his job bahahaha

He can't do fuck all.

rustic101
1st July 2010, 21:35
I heard he is a real knob?

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 21:38
I heard he is a real knob?

I shook his hand when he gave me my NZ citizenship...

Flip
1st July 2010, 22:33
Why else do you think I'm at school in a class full of 16 year olds when I'm 20?

Slow learner ha?

SMOKEU
1st July 2010, 23:05
Slow learner ha?

That's only half the reason. It's not my fault I'm 'special'.

Banditbandit
2nd July 2010, 08:48
I shook his hand when he gave me my NZ citizenship...

Hope you washed it afterwards ...

HenryDorsetCase
2nd July 2010, 09:58

lots of available poon, and cheap and easy access to drugs? I wouldnt brag about being held back for five years in the same class if I was you.

HenryDorsetCase
2nd July 2010, 10:00

droit de seigneur. Where the squire of the village got to deflower the bride on the wedding night. Sounds like fun, eh squire?

SMOKEU
2nd July 2010, 10:11
Hope you washed it afterwards ...

I sure did.

lots of available poon, and cheap and easy access to drugs? I wouldnt brag about being held back for five years in the same class if I was you.

I wasn't held back; I decided to go back to school after working full time for a few years.

HenryDorsetCase
2nd July 2010, 10:30
I wasn't held back; I decided to go back to school after working full time for a few years.

Seriously, congratulations. Thats an excellent move. Education and all that. I did something similar many years ago (went to University after working for seven years). Nothing motivates you like WANTING something.

SMOKEU
2nd July 2010, 10:44
Seriously, congratulations. Thats an excellent move. Education and all that. I did something similar many years ago (went to University after working for seven years). Nothing motivates you like WANTING something.

Yeah, I decided that I had enough of working full time in a supermarket on the minimum wage and I want to do something better with my life.

imdying
2nd July 2010, 11:41
Damn right man, what are you interested in doing?

SMOKEU
2nd July 2010, 16:41

Who, me???

Flip
2nd July 2010, 21:51

16 year olds.

SMOKEU
3rd July 2010, 21:47
I'm planning on becoming an anesthetic technician. And banging 16 year old school girlies.

Max Preload
3rd July 2010, 22:08
I'm planning on becoming an anesthetic technician. And banging 16 year old school girlies.

I hope you're not combining the two.

SMOKEU
3rd July 2010, 22:25
I hope you're not combining the two.

That's the plan...

Flip
10th July 2010, 09:42
It was not a good night to be a boi racer in Christchurch 31 idiots taken off the road last night:

30 Arrested (good on the Police) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3906161/Christchurch-police-arrest-30-boyracers

1 Dead (at least they only killed themselves this time) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3906169/One-dead-in-Christchurch-crash

Darn good start but its a pity some body had to die.

onearmedbandit
10th July 2010, 09:54
It was not a good night to be a boi racer in Christchurch 31 idiots taken off the road last night:

30 Arrested (good on the Police) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3906161/Christchurch-police-arrest-30-boyracers[

1 Dead (at least they only killed themselves this time) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3906169/One-dead-in-Christchurch-crash

Come on man, they're not idiots. They're fucking idiots.

Shadowjack
10th July 2010, 10:28

30 Arrested (good on the Police) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3906161/Christchurch-police-arrest-30-boyracers

Who needs bullets? - they keep doing it to themselves.
My sympathies lie with those that have to deal with the consequences of the lunacy (Ambos, Police, Hopsital, Fire Service, Parents).

Flip
10th July 2010, 16:56
Come on man, they're not idiots. They're fucking idiots.

Ok I stand corrected.

Coldrider
11th July 2010, 02:11
If the law was enacted in Wellington whereby any looking for a carpark in a the same street in an hour, the entire city would be in lockdown.

Flip
11th July 2010, 14:28
If the law was enacted in Wellington whereby any looking for a carpark in a the same street in an hour, the entire city would be in lockdown.

What after 10 at night?

There are only cleaners and the few who have to do the daily balance at treasury working this time of night.

Coldrider
14th July 2010, 18:50
What after 10 at night?

There are only cleaners and the few who have to do the daily balance at treasury working this time of night.Having spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday night on the piss in Wellington Central I can assure you not everyone out for the night in Wellington is a cleaner.

R1madness
15th July 2010, 18:07
Being young is wasted on the youth.

Come on people dont you remember being 17? I do and not with the rose coloured glasses that most people wear when thinking about their past.

Friday nights when i was a 17 were spent roaring around the Octagon in Dunedin and up and down Princess St and George St on my CB400/4 with a sagar system (remember them???) making as much noise as i could. The car guys (hoons) would park up on the top section and the bikes on the lower section. Loud music was the norm from the cars, loud pipes for the bikes. Alcohol was allowed (well tolerated anyway) by the cops and a blind eye turned until about 11.30 by which time we had had enough and headed off to someones flat (usually mine) for a evening of more loud music and substance abuse...

Sounds pretty similar to what my teenage kids want to do now... only problem is someone has banned them from all the fun stuff we used to do.

Who remembers bullrush? Did anyone ever really get hurt at it? Not that i remember but its banned in all schools. Climbed a tree lately? There is a council bylaw that makes it illegal to climb the trees in hagley park, i mean get real. Its time we stopped being told what we are not allowed to do. What ever happened to personal responsability for your actions and decisions.

Climb trees, swim in rivers, eat dodgy looking food, its all part of life, let the kids live it.

Spuds1234
15th July 2010, 18:28
Loud music was the norm from the cars, loud pipes for the bikes. Alcohol was allowed (well tolerated anyway) by the cops and a blind eye turned until about 11.30 by which time we had had enough and headed off to someones flat

Trouble is they dont fuck off home until about 3am to 4am.

No one would care if they did leave at 11.30, infact I think you would find most people lauding their good behavior.

willytheekid
18th July 2010, 22:17

Come on people dont you remember being 17? I do and not with the rose coloured glasses that most people wear when thinking about their past.

Friday nights when i was a 17 were spent roaring around the Octagon in Dunedin and up and down Princess St and George St on my CB400/4 with a sagar system (remember them???) making as much noise as i could. The car guys (hoons) would park up on the top section and the bikes on the lower section. Loud music was the norm from the cars, loud pipes for the bikes. Alcohol was allowed (well tolerated anyway) by the cops and a blind eye turned until about 11.30 by which time we had had enough and headed off to someones flat (usually mine) for a evening of more loud music and substance abuse...

Sounds pretty similar to what my teenage kids want to do now... only problem is someone has banned them from all the fun stuff we used to do.

Who remembers bullrush? Did anyone ever really get hurt at it? Not that i remember but its banned in all schools. Climbed a tree lately? There is a council bylaw that makes it illegal to climb the trees in hagley park, i mean get real. Its time we stopped being told what we are not allowed to do. What ever happened to personal responsability for your actions and decisions.

Climb trees, swim in rivers, eat dodgy looking food, its all part of life, let the kids live it.

Love to agree with you ......BUT

In your day, did you roam the streets in drunken mobs, assaulting innocent people, surrounding cop cars & smashing in there windows, what about beating or stabbing people to death because they said the wrong thing?
Because this IS the reality of youth today, they have little to no respect for the law or anyone else, there morals match there education levels, and they feel the world owes them everything!!

I would lOVE to give youth the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunatly the youth crime rate, violence and binge drinking habits have sealed there fate.
Its just a bloody shame that the good kids and the rest of us have to suffer for the actions of the few (well...not so few actually).

I work night shift in CHCH central, and nearly EVERY! fri/sat night I have some "Mob" of drunken kids either run out at me, pull out on me, or try to force me off the road as they speed past.
I was nearly rear-ended by a procession of boy racers last month, as they shot past me on the highway in dense fog @ WELL over 160kph!!!.....the last car missed me by inches! (I was DEAD if he had hit me!), when I saw them again pulled over in woodend....they threw a bottle at me! -(I did NOTHING to provoke them! I just wanted to get home and see my new born son & partner)

"What ever happened to personal responsability for your actions and decisions."......indeed...what ever did happen?

Crusing law?.....should be crushing there cars and throwing the bad apples in JAIL!! -then the good kids could come out and play like old.

SMOKEU
18th July 2010, 22:45
Love to agree with you ......BUT

In your day, did you roam the streets in drunken mobs, assaulting innocent people, surrounding cop cars & smashing in there windows, what about beating or stabbing people to death because they said the wrong thing?
Because this IS the reality of youth today, they have little to no respect for the law or anyone else, there morals match there education levels, and they feel the world owes them everything!!

I would lOVE to give youth the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunatly the youth crime rate, violence and binge drinking habits have sealed there fate.
Its just a bloody shame that the good kids and the rest of us have to suffer for the actions of the few (well...not so few actually).

Right, so by banning cruising, violent thugs will suddenly become good Christians who stay home on the weekends and go to bed at 10pm?

onearmedbandit
18th July 2010, 23:58
Right, so by banning cruising, violent thugs will suddenly become good Christians who stay home on the weekends and go to bed at 10pm?

Ah but the cruising law isn't aimed at fixing that problem.

willytheekid
19th July 2010, 00:10

LOL, don't we wish!
Not at all, my point was the ban is a DIRECT result of their own actions and the change in lifestyle and morals from yesterdays youth and todays....or do the media and police just make up the figures relating to youth crime, violence and road abuse?
Banning cruising was not the governments idea or the councils...it was the public and business owners in ChCh that demanded something be done! ...or should we just let them run amuck and do nothing?
They got off light!...simple as that! (the council & Gov WERE! looking into crushing cars as a deterant...whats worse, a fine or ya car crushed?)
And as for the ban removing violent thugs...read the papers, in ChCh we had a problem with car loads of kids crusing around looking for drunks to beat up....and it got to the point where a 17yr old kid was beaten to death with baseball bats by a car load of said thugs....so yes it may help...it may not, but something had to be done.

SMOKEU
19th July 2010, 09:44
LOL, don't we wish!
Not at all, my point was the ban is a DIRECT result of their own actions and the change in lifestyle and morals from yesterdays youth and todays....or do the media and police just make up the figures relating to youth crime, violence and road abuse?
Banning cruising was not the governments idea or the councils...it was the public and business owners in ChCh that demanded something be done! ...or should we just let them run amuck and do nothing?
They got off light!...simple as that! (the council & Gov WERE! looking into crushing cars as a deterant...whats worse, a fine or ya car crushed?)
And as for the ban removing violent thugs...read the papers, in ChCh we had a problem with car loads of kids crusing around looking for drunks to beat up....and it got to the point where a 17yr old kid was beaten to death with baseball bats by a car load of said thugs....so yes it may help...it may not, but something had to be done.

It's all good in theory, however, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems. These people don't give a fuck about getting fines, or getting the car impounded. Just like drink drivers, the hardcore recidivist offenders don't give a fuck about any laws and keep on drink driving even when disqualified.

Flip
19th July 2010, 18:15
It's all good in theory, however, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems. These people don't give a fuck about getting fines, or getting the car impounded. Just like drink drivers, the hardcore recidivist offenders don't give a fuck about any laws and keep on drink driving even when disqualified.

They will, when their "fresh meat" asses are locked up in jail.

SMOKEU
19th July 2010, 18:23
They will, when their "fresh meat" asses are locked up in jail.

We all know the government is too soft to lock people up, unless the offence is really serious.

slofox
19th July 2010, 18:35

Yep - for sure

Who remembers bullrush? Did anyone ever really get hurt at it? Not that i remember but its banned in all schools.

The school I taught at as a year one teacher back in 19mumbletymumble banned bullrush the week we had three broken collarbones in four days.

But then they were playing it on the basketball courts and a couple of the young lads figured that you could stop people by stretching a jersey between two of you and using it to trip the runners arse over tip onto the asphalt...

Enterprising young lads they were and all...

willytheekid
19th July 2010, 21:25

Totally agree!
Im just pissed cos they bottled my guzzi's tank a few months back...sniff...sob. Gotta look at the dent everyday (to cheap to get it fixed so far).
AND the fact the boy racer's keep trying to kill me with their cars and arrogance nearly every weekend (I work in central CHCH till 1 in the morning....its an exercise in survival just getting home!)
Even my big "gay" fluro vest appears to be invisible to them!, but as you say, they just don't give a shit about the consequences or the law.

SMOKEU
19th July 2010, 21:55
We already have laws to deal with sustained loss of traction, dangerous driving, wilful damage, breach of liquor ban, breach of the peace, disorderly behaviour, littering etc. Because of all the violence and general mayhem which happens every weekend, something more needs to be done. Adding another law won't do anything, unless the courts are prepared to punish offenders more severely, especially the repeat offenders.

swbarnett
19th July 2010, 22:02
Even my big "gay" fluro vest appears to be invisible to them!
Just a random thought here but, maybe the vest makes you a target in their eyes. I wonder what their reaction would be if you road without it?

SMOKEU
19th July 2010, 22:17
Just a random thought here but, maybe the vest makes you a target in their eyes. I wonder what their reaction would be if you road without it?

Anyone wearing a flouro vest on at night is just asking to be bottled/assaulted/abused by drunk muppets. It's a very sad world we live in.

Max Preload
19th July 2010, 22:54
The school I taught at as a year one teacher back in 19mumbletymumble banned19? Are you sure about that?

willytheekid
19th July 2010, 22:59

I bought the vest due to some boy racers whipping past me (5 cars) on the highway in dense fog...but the last car didn't see me...missed me by inches!! @ well over 160kph (nearly had to stop to change me undies lol).
Been Riding for over 28yrs and its getting worse every year! so to keep the better half happy (we just had our first Kid...Ryder) I bought a "glow" vest to try and be a bit more visible and stay alive for the family....go figure huh

slofox
20th July 2010, 11:29
19? Are you sure about that?

Ummmmmm....I think so...mighta been 18??. Hell, I dunno...