PDA

View Full Version : 2010 BRONZ AGM, Wednesday 21 July 2010

RiderInBlack
28th June 2010, 08:33
Copied from the E-mail I got sent:
BRONZ AGM

The 2010 BRONZ AGM will be held on Wednesday 21 July 2010.

Venue: The Danish House
Address: 6 Rockridge Road (http://www.smartcontact.co.nz/lt/t_go.php?i=281&e=MzEzODIw&l=-http--maps.google.co.nz/maps--Q-f--E-q--A-source--E-s_q--A-hl--E-en--A-geocode--E---A-q--E-6+Rockridge+Road--A-sll--E--41.244772,172.617188--A-sspn--E-43.657509,79.013672--A-ie--E-UTF8--A-hq--E---A-hnear--E-6+Rockridge+Ave,+Penrose,+Auckland+1061--A-z--E-16), (Off O'Rorke Road) Penrose, Auckland
Date: Wednesday 21 July 2010
Time: 7-30pm
Attached is a nomination form for nominating office bearers and committee members for the 2010/11 year. Everyone is welcome to come along and be a part of the AGM and join us for supper as this is your chance to meet other members and have an input into how YOUR organisation is run.
It would be great to have more members come along and see what we do. We really appreciate support and input from our members.

Who is standing for the Committee, and what do have they to offer Us as Bike Riders?
Have attached last AGM Minutes, AGM Flier & BRONZ Nomination Form.

RiderInBlack
1st July 2010, 14:20
These are our a Politic-wing, I'm seeing a totally lack of interest who is this running for BRONZ. Who are ya and what are ya standing for?

Squiggles
6th July 2010, 09:36
I'm standing for a spot on the committee.

Katman
6th July 2010, 09:53
Who are ya and what are ya standing for?

Very true.

A nomination form is not worth the paper it's printed on if we don't have any clue as to the potential candidates.

RiderInBlack
6th July 2010, 10:03
I'm standing for a spot on the committee.Awesome. Good on Ya. So what would ya like ta see happening for the Motorcycling? What direction would ya like to see BRONZ heading in?

RiderInBlack
6th July 2010, 10:06
Very true.

A nomination form is not worth the paper it's printed on if we don't have any clue as to the potential candidates.In this I totally agree with Katman.

Squiggles
6th July 2010, 10:37
Awesome. Good on Ya. So what would ya like ta see happening for the Motorcycling? What direction would ya like to see BRONZ heading in?

I'd like to see a bit more unity within motorcycling, more communication between all the clubs out there...

I'd like to see us push to reinstate and get back on the Motorcycle Reference group as well as any of the others... Why? Because I'd like to see BRONZ more able get there say in before the decisions are made by higher powers. This will invariably involve cleaning up our own backyard (something i want to see happen) but i'd rather we were able to set the direction than have them do it for us...

More members, would be good to see some fresh faces at the blood & toy runs, at the monthly meetings etc

Katman
6th July 2010, 10:43
I'd like to see a bit more unity within motorcycling, more communication between all the clubs out there...

I'd like to see us push to reinstate and get back on the Motorcycle Reference group as well as any of the others... Why? Because I'd like to see BRONZ more able get there say in before the decisions are made by higher powers. This will invariably involve cleaning up our own backyard (something i want to see happen) but i'd rather we were able to set the direction than have them do it for us...

More members, would be good to see some fresh faces at the blood & toy runs, at the monthly meetings etc

You know you've got my vote.

However, many BRONZ/KB members might only know you as Squiggles. I think the BRONZ website needs to have profiles of all the people (including their views on the direction Motorcycling should be taking) that are likely to be standing as candidates.

RiderInBlack
6th July 2010, 10:59
I think the BRONZ website should have profiles of all the people (including their views on the direction Motorcycling should be taking) that are likely to be standing as candidates.Totally Agree with you there Katman (gee getting ta be a bad habit). This is our NATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE BODY, not just a local bike club.
I am a member, but have received no information to who is standing. As a National Body AGM, there should have at least been some Candidates Standing already, and there should be some info on who they are. Also as a National Body AGM, it should be recognized that due to distances and time, Members not in Auckland will find it difficult to attend, therefore will not be able to be there to vote. Are there positions in the BRONZ National Committee for Area Rep's? If so, what are the Areas, and how are the Area Rep's Selected?

Big Dave
6th July 2010, 11:09
Who is standing???

I don't recall a position where there has been more than one volunteer.

RiderInBlack
6th July 2010, 11:19
I don't recall a position where there has been more than one volunteer.Kind of sad that. It's not a local AGM, it's a National AGM. What's more it's Motorcycling's Political equal to the AA! How are we as Motorcyclist expect to be taken seriously in Parliament, if we don't take serious interest in our representation!

Big Dave
6th July 2010, 13:15
Yea - true - I've only been to the local gigs. More people would be great - why I mention it.

Vote squiggles for king.

fossil
6th July 2010, 18:52
Kind of sad that. It's not a local AGM, it's a National AGM. What's more it's Motorcycling's Political equal to the AA! How are we as Motorcyclist expect to be taken seriously in Parliament, if we don't take serious interest in our representation!

Its a local AGM.
BRONZ doesn't exist as a national organisation. There are 3 separate registered Incorporated Societies. Auckland BRONZ, Timaru BRONZ and Otago BRONZ. When I checked the Incorporated societies website it shows that the national organisation ceased to exist as a registered "not for profit" organisation on the 17th June 2004. This is from the BRONZ website;

"About Bikers Rights Organisation of New Zealand

BRONZ is a Non-Profit Incorporated Society with branches throughout New Zealand.

BRONZ represents many hundreds of motorcyclists. Each branch of BRONZ is an Incorporated Society, and affiliated to BRONZ.

BRONZ meets twice annually and has as its executive a National President, National Vice-President and National Secretary/Treasurer. Each branch selects two representatives who attend BRONZ meetings with full voting rights.

While BRONZ is essentially a political organisation, being concerned with the politics of motorcycling, it actively supports its branches in the raising of the perception of motorcycling and in their charitable works, namely their Annual Toy Runs, and Easter Egg Runs which raise donations for charities such as the Salvation Army in branches area.

BRONZ is a self funding organisation, being self funded thorough its branches, receiving no government funding or assistance at all, unlike our Australian counterparts, or on the local scene, Motorcycling New Zealand.

Enquiries may be made to BRONZ on national matters or to individual branches for local matters and membership."

It looks like a very well run Organisation to me!

RiderInBlack
7th July 2010, 00:41
Its a local AGM.
BRONZ doesn't exist as a national organisation. There are 3 separate registered Incorporated Societies. Auckland BRONZ, Timaru BRONZ and Otago BRONZ. When I checked the Incorporated societies website it shows that the national organisation ceased to exist as a registered "not for profit" organisation on the 17th June 2004. This is from the BRONZ website;Then Why in the E-mail sent to me regarding the AGM, does it not state clearly that this is the AGM for Auckland BRONZ? There is no-where on the e-mail that says that it is for the Auckland Branch of BRONZ. Nor does it say that the AGM is for the Auckland Branch. Remember that I am not an Aucklander even though I am a Northlander. Whats more I am sure there are Members Of BRONZ far South of Auckland that should have a say in who stands for them. Which Branch does say someone from Napier belong? How about Wellington or anywhere else in North Is.? Is It Not About Time BRONZ become a National Organisation again if it is going to Lobby Parliament seriously? Sorry, but I joined BRONZ with the believe that it was a National Body Lobbying on behalf of Motorcyclist in NZ. If this is not the case I am wasting my money and my time IMHO.

Katman
7th July 2010, 08:45
If Ixion had any credibility left he'd start answering some questions instead of just logging on for a quick read and then quietly slipping out the back door hoping he hadn't been noticed.

Squiggles
7th July 2010, 09:27
Then Why in the E-mail sent to me regarding the AGM, does it not state clearly that this is the AGM for Auckland BRONZ? There is no-where on the e-mail that says that it is for the Auckland Branch of BRONZ. Nor does it say that the AGM is for the Auckland Branch. Remember that I am not an Aucklander even though I am a Northlander. Whats more I am sure there are Members Of BRONZ far South of Auckland that should have a say in who stands for them. Which Branch does say someone from Napier belong? How about Wellington or anywhere else in North Is.? Is It Not About Time BRONZ become a National Organisation again if it is going to Lobby Parliament seriously? Sorry, but I joined BRONZ with the believe that it was a National Body Lobbying on behalf of Motorcyclist in NZ. If this is not the case I am wasting my money and my time IMHO.

From memory last year there was Auckland, Timaru and Otago. Wellington and Taranaki are in revival. National will hopefully get shock paddled this year :yes:

Hanne
7th July 2010, 22:50
Right, so there will be more information about the voting going out in the next newsletter to try and clarify things, I am trying to find out exactly how the nomination process works at the moment and have passed taken the comments about candidate profiles on... Please let me know if there are any specific questions that you would like to see answered in the newsletter.

Any constructive suggestions about how the organisation is run ought to be addressed at the AGM, I would hope that people are adding them to the agenda (Please PM me if you are a member and want me to pass anything on to be added).

Hanne
7th July 2010, 22:53
On another note, I am also standing for a position on the committee. My KB name is Hanne, my real life name is Hanne and I have been writing the ACC/ BRONZ newsletters for the past 10 months or so. I became involved in BRONZ as a result of the ACC levies uproar and started going along to the meetings to try and make a difference on that issue and so I could stand up for other motorcycling issues.

Why BRONZ? Because as a 20 year old rider between bikes it was one of the few clubs I could actually join that would represent me just as much as any other rider of any age on any bike. This ought to be BRONZ's strength, the fact that they have antennae up about all new legislation that affects motorcyclists and advocate for the rights of said bikers.

I think BRONZ needs to be as open and transparent as possible, making information freely available to all motorcyclists and continuing to advocate on their behalf. Correspondence with members should be as clear as possible and we need to keep working on streamlining the website and emails and any official posts on KB/ the BRONZ facebook site.

We also need to recruit as many new members as possible, particularly younger riders who will be riding for the next 40 or 50 years. They will be affected by any changes and deserve the chance to be informed about changes and to have their say. More members also means more expertise to draw on, and hopefully more volunteers with enthusiasm and new ideas. In order to attract new members BRONZ needs to be receptive to new ideas and voices. I am prepared to listen if members are prepared to come along and participate in the AGM and have a serious say!

MadDuck
7th July 2010, 23:13
Any constructive suggestions about how the organisation is run ought to be addressed at the AGM, I would hope that people are adding them to the agenda (Please PM me if you are a member and want me to pass anything on to be added).

I trust this newsletter will also be mailed via "snail mail" as it seems that we all dont get the emails and have to log on to KB to find out. From my limited knowledge of Non Profit Organisations I feel you will have an issue with legal time to notify members of an AGM.

Hanne
7th July 2010, 23:29
I trust this newsletter will also be mailed via "snail mail" as it seems that we all dont get the emails and have to log on to KB to find out. .

Hi MadDuck,
If you would like to get notices by email please email the BRONZ webmaster (or PM me if it's easier) with your email address.
The option is on all membership renewal forms too and the choice to get information digitally has also been mentioned in the snail mail versions, where the webmaster's email address was included:

Newsletters

If you would prefer to receive the BRONZ newsletter electronically, please send an email including your name to bronzweb@gmail.com with ‘Newsletter’ in the subject line.

StoneY
8th July 2010, 06:05
If Ixion had any credibility left he'd start answering some questions instead of just logging on for a quick read and then quietly slipping out the back door hoping he hadn't been noticed.

And what have YOU done for your fellow motorcyclists Kat boy?
NOTHING
Shut the fuck up and attend the meeting, or get over it

BRONZ does a shitload of stuff, and who said it needs to be on Kiwibiker to validate what it is we do?

fossil
8th July 2010, 08:51
Right, so there will be more information about the voting going out in the next newsletter to try and clarify things, I am trying to find out exactly how the nomination process works at the moment and have passed taken the comments about candidate profiles on... Please let me know if there are any specific questions that you would like to see answered in the newsletter.

Are we talking about the Auckland BRONZ AGM?. Can only members of the Auckland BRONZ vote or stand for election?

outlawtorn
8th July 2010, 10:17
Are we talking about the Auckland BRONZ AGM?. Can only members of the Auckland BRONZ vote or stand for election?

Not too sure about that to be honest, but you are more than welcome to attend the AGM and if you wish to stand for the committee we can always sort it out there and then.

Hanne
8th July 2010, 11:35
Much of the confusion surrounding national vs auckland has arisen because the only people left who WERE part of the national BRONZ (now deregistered, yes) are now part of Auckland. The issue of restarting the national BRONZ, with representatives from the various registered regional BRONZs (currently Auckland, Wellington, Timaru and Otago are active) coming together for that will be mentioned again at AGM...

Given that Auckland is the northernmost BRONZ at the moment, those north or slightly south (there is no official Waikato BRONZ atm) should come to the Auckland AGM. Those with interest in starting up more regional groups should come and make this known, too, as the more local involvement there is the more people are likely to participate in and hear about things.

StoneY
9th July 2010, 17:48
BRONZ Wellington is hosting a meeting at a date later in the year (yet to be set) where the intention is to create a federation of BRONZ Branches to allow for National Level representation as opposed to regional groups.

BRONZ Auckland for many years has spearheaded all BRONZ national activity on the sheer fact its the biggest and most active (this is slowly changing but in positive and supportive ways) and we should be thankful for Ixion, and the other Auckland members who kept the organization running for the years that interest in bikers rights obviously faded.........

BIKEOI was Ixion's idea for those who think he does nothing, and Wellington was reborn as a result.

BRONZ is active nationwide, but at this point is still regional in its membership focus and that will change, but for the change to happen, and BRONZ to have the membership to achieve anything, people need to stop bitching and join up.

This AGM announcement was for Auckland branch, and as they were pretty much the active branch for the last decade its an easy mistake to make forgetting to detail its the Auckland AGM, give Les a break.

The e-mail for a start will only have gone to the Auckland members, the announcement on KB was just for public awareness.
Its not in our charter to put every BRONZ announcement on KB, that we do it at all is a mere publicity drive and courtesy factor.

If your so unhappy how its run, place yourself as a nomination for the role and do it better (I doubt you can) or, attend the meeting and have your say.

BRONZ Wellington has been in close contact with the other branches to work toward a national federation of BRONZ, and to make that work we need more members.

Join up, help us grow, have your voice heard.

Wellington has also assisted with a massive upgrade of a well known motorcycle safety website, I will announce it when it it goes live

Shiny side up people.
StoneY

RiderInBlack
10th July 2010, 05:21
The e-mail for a start will only have gone to the Auckland members, the announcement on KB was just for public awareness.
Its not in our charter to put every BRONZ announcement on KB, that we do it at all is a mere publicity drive and courtesy factor.To make this perfectly clear: BRONZ did not make this AGM announcement on KB, I did after receiving their E-mail re: the BRONZ AGM.
I am sorry it has caused confusion as to whether this was a National AGM or the Auckland AGM, but that was only because it was not made clear in the e-mail and I was not given any indication as to whether BRONZ was a National Organisation or a divide Localised Branch Organisation. I am Glad I have at less sparked the awareness of this through starting this thread, as this has not been common knowledge given to those of us that have recently joined BRONZ.
I have not been able to make any meetings as yet, due to the nature of my work and the distance I would have to travel to make the meetings.
All I have asked for here is some clarity of who is standing to represent us, assuming that it was a National AGM, as any Member of an Associated Society should. I hope in the future BRONZ will increase their Membership, but this can only come about by recognizing that all members are of value and that this can only happen with clear communication. Do not under-estimate the importance of this, especially dealing with members that are unable to make meetings. They are not necessarily lazy or uninterested, and may just have very good reseasons they find it difficult to make meetings. Ya need the numbers, so don't alienate them.

StoneY
10th July 2010, 05:46
To make this perfectly clear: BRONZ did not make this AGM announcement on KB, I did after receiving their E-mail re: the BRONZ AGM.

Good point mate.

I would suggest that it may have been more appropriate to e-mail Les or Hanne directly with this query.

Problem with putting any BRONZ business on KB other than protest action notices etc, is that non members and flamers (like Katgirl) get free ammunition for their petty little flame wars.
It can belittle the effort somewhat of us who do make genuine efforts to make a difference.

The 'regional' aspect of BRONZ membership is self evident in that there are other branches, but all branches have the same rules, and the same mission, and as stated above before the year is out a National committee of some form (yet to be set up) WILL exist to create a genuine National Representation.

This is what Les, Hanne, myself and many others on the various committee's have worked hard to achieve in the last 9 months since BIKEOI

Furthermore WE (eg BRONZ) have managed to get a rep from BRONZ involved with the process that is controlling OUR 'ringfenced' levy funds in an advisory role.
(Once we have more formal information regarding this it will be mailed out to the membership by means other than this very public website.)

Hope this helps you rest a bit better knowing that the BRONZ committee's (regional they may be) have not been sitting on their collective asses just hoping that stuff will magically happen for bikers...we have been MAKING it happen, its just a slow process.

MadDuck
10th July 2010, 21:56
Hi MadDuck,
If you would like to get notices by email please email the BRONZ webmaster (or PM me if it's easier) with your email address.
The option is on all membership renewal forms too and the choice to get information digitally has also been mentioned in the snail mail versions, where the webmaster's email address was included:

Newsletters

If you would prefer to receive the BRONZ newsletter electronically, please send an email including your name to bronzweb@gmail.com with ‘Newsletter’ in the subject line.

Hey Hanne

Thank you for your response. Given I have not received anything via snail mail from BRONZ or electronically I will not be renewing my membership.

Regards
MadDuck

Edit: expect an invoice from me for return of my membership fees

Katman
10th July 2010, 22:21

I'll assume you're just having a laugh.

MadDuck
10th July 2010, 22:27
I'll assume you're just having a laugh.

Nope. Not at all. I didnt get what I paid for.

StoneY
10th July 2010, 22:28
Hey Hanne

Thank you for your response. Given I have not received anything via snail mail from BRONZ or electronically I will not be renewing my membership.

Regards
MadDuck

Sorry you feel this way MD
especially after all the work you did managing BIKEOI funds

I was given a headsup from a member yesterday that they too were not recieveing e-mails from BRONZ Wellington, so took measures to have the mailing list edited appropriately.
Human factor mate, people make mistakes, sorry your not going to remain a member.

I am surprised you didnt advise the Auckland branch that you were not recieving the mailouts sooner. But moot point now I guess.

StoneY

Katman
10th July 2010, 22:33
Nope. Not at all. I didnt get what I paid for.

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you're that retarded as to think you're owed money back.

MadDuck
10th July 2010, 22:35
I am surprised you didnt advise the Auckland branch that you were not recieving the mailouts sooner.

And you think I havent advised them of this previously?

MadDuck
10th July 2010, 22:40
I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you're that retarded as to think you're owed money back.

Nah this retard just knows that money could be better spent elsewhere.....love you to KM

When you give money to an organisation based on their promise to do "something" then it doesnt happen. Then they head off on a tangent you werent expecting or werent notified of ...then yeah I am kind of feeling a a bit ripped off.

StoneY
10th July 2010, 22:50
Nah this retard just knows that money could be better spent elsewhere.....love you to KM

When you give money to an organisation based on their promise to do "something" then it doesnt happen. Then they head off on a tangent you werent expecting or werent notified of ...then yeah I am kind of feeling a a bit ripped off.

MD I get that your feeling pissed off about the lack of comms you recieved, and after the PM I get your point and sympathize

However BRONZ achived a shitload this last 9 months dude
Be the levy increase was never going to be the whole 500 dollar increase, the BIKEOI (BRONZ organised it remember) reduced it to 140$

Thats like 7x your membership fee, it could have been 25x your membership fee...sorry your feeling miffed but weve worked bloody hard these last 9 months, at GREAT sacrifice for some of us.
If what you told me by PM is true, I will take the issue up and get some nswers, but to state you got NOTHING for your membership fee is utter rubbish

BRONZ achieved MORE this year than anyone else has for Bikers in NZ.... its a shame your too upset over a missing e-mail to see that

MadDuck
10th July 2010, 22:55
.... its a shame your too upset over a missing e-mail to see that

Firstly I am not a Dude. Secondly its not just missing one email. I have given you my reasons in a PM. Best left there I think.

Squiggles
14th July 2010, 16:49
Bumping this up

Squiggles
19th July 2010, 11:11
*Bump* Tis this Wednesday

Big Dave
19th July 2010, 11:22
You rock, Stoney.

Squiggles
21st July 2010, 09:43
Bump for tonights AGM

fossil
23rd July 2010, 19:08
Bump for tonights AGM

So what happened,did anyone turn up?

Big Dave
23rd July 2010, 19:12
Yea - not enough for the quorum required by the articles of incorporation, but interim officers were elected and said requirements will be satisfied at the next meeting.

Positive and pleasant meeting.

Reckless
23rd July 2010, 20:55
So what happened,did anyone turn up?

Yep I did and was either the only new face there or one of two?? Big Daves earlier estimate of 15 was over the top as there where about 13 or 14 there, total, including Les! Just shows how many actually give a shit! And before you bleaters get stuck in saying there's no faith in them, which is why you didn't go, it would have only taken 10 of you to get off your arses and turn up to change all the votes to your agenda, come up with new motions, vote whoever you wanted on the committee and even become chairman??

Quite frankly IMHO the job you guys are expecting this very small group to do on behalf of you guys and motorcycling is simply to much to ask in time by itself, let alone they only have funds from 240 members to play with. If you take some of the committee out that have enough to do just being secretary, treasurer, web site development or running the training school program etc, there's stuff all people left for the volume of work that's needed to really make the organisation grow and even implement the pretty good ideas that where presented by the committee themselves. They have jobs and lives to!

There where some good ideas but as I didn't put my hand up to go on the committee ( the only one in the room that didn't) and because of a whole lot of being newly single adjustments goin on in my world at the moment, its not my place to comment on what was discussed.

So all in all, you guys can bleat on Kiwibiker as much as you want but until you start your own chapters, go to the meetings, actually get involved and put your ideas and time in, stuff all is going to change as fast as you want it to. Actually it would take bugger all effort if there where a few of you to make more things happen. And from what I could see of the first meeting I've ever been to, they would welcome the input and involvement. Bronze have enough to do trying formulate submissions to fend off stupid bureaucratic laws like any windscreen over x area needs a windsrceen wiper?? Which meant your new GSXR would have to have a bloody windscreen wiper.

So I learned a few things:
1/- They actually do a lot more behind the scenes than I ever thought.
2/- There's very few bikers that actually give a shit ( about 12 in the whole of Auckland!) Most would rather bend over and take it up the arse than come out on a cold rainy Wednesday night.
3/- The people at that meeting would dearly like to be a proactive orgainisation, not a reactive one. But think about it, the liaison required just to interface and knit together the factions of motorcycling alone ie, Ulysses, HOG etc etc is a full time job on its own. Let alone Marketing, rallies, safety training, Safety campaigns, membership drives, promoting membership at race meetings, bike shows, shops and other events. Then dealing with ACC and/or govt and all the other stuff being called for in previous posts.

Look I know I've written a book above and probably left myself wide open to be quoted out of context and some of you aren't going to like what I have said!
But fuck it! I'm not on the committee and don't have to defend or justify my 2c above!
Rightly or wrongly I'm just telling it like I saw it and I'm not very good at this stuff!!!
IMHO Bikers only have themselves to blame (including me) for not being more in control of our own world.

Edit: I've just reread what I posted and it comes across a bit angry! Just let me say I'm not, the written word is sometimes harsh without the body language. And the meeting was as Dave said positive and pleasant!But I get the impression some are simply expecting to much from people giving a lot already.

Katman
23rd July 2010, 21:14
What was the point of attempting to hold elections when 230 of the 240 members wouldn't have a clue who was standing for what?

Reckless
23rd July 2010, 21:50
What was the point of holding elections when 230 of the 240 members wouldn't have a clue who was standing for what?

As I said above you only needed to turn up with 10 people, Just 10, to have things exactly as you wanted? But did you?? NO! more one liners on Kiwibiker!

This was a perfect opportunity for you (or anyone) to put forward THEIR name, bring their supporters to vote and get put in place what they are preaching needs to be done. But I only saw 1 person standing for each position!! I didn't see any opposition to the candidates or any input whatsoever for any sort of change. Not even one letter or Nomination form. If the web site, nomination form and information stream was so bad as you say surly this was the golden opportunity for change. Where where you?

If you really cared Katman you'd start your own Taupo Bronze and actually put into action what you always preach! Safety, education and the fact bikers are there own worst enemies. Change is better made from the inside rather than firing off unfair personal salvos on Kiwibiker.
I haven't ever met him but from the imppression I get here StoneY would be a recent new person since the ACC protests and good example of the above, but IMHO your not, your message is valid but your comments are destructive and divisive!!

Katman
23rd July 2010, 22:06
But I only saw 1 person standing for each position!! I didn't see any opposition to the candidates or any input whatsoever for any sort of change.

Makes something of a joke of the whole election process, doesn't it?

Reckless
23rd July 2010, 22:24

Nope the joke is if you don't agree and don't do something for change or stand in opposition?

Go Figure it out ?

That's it for me, I've said my piece you will have to have the last word so flame away! LOL!!!

Night all!

fossil
23rd July 2010, 22:41
Yep I did and was either the only new face there or one of two?? Big Daves earlier estimate of 15 was over the top as there where about 13 or 14 there, total, including Les! Just shows how many actually give a shit! And before you bleaters get stuck in saying there's no faith in them, which is why you didn't go, it would have only taken 10 of you to get off your arses and turn up to change all the votes to your agenda, come up with new motions, vote whoever you wanted on the committee and even become chairman??

Quite frankly IMHO the job you guys are expecting this very small group to do on behalf of you guys and motorcycling is simply to much to ask in time by itself, let alone they only have funds from 240 members to play with. If you take some of the committee out that have enough to do just being secretary, treasurer, web site development or running the training school program etc, there's stuff all people left for the volume of work that's needed to really make the organisation grow and even implement the pretty good ideas that where presented by the committee themselves. They have jobs and lives to!

There where some good ideas but as I didn't put my hand up to go on the committee ( the only one in the room that didn't) and because of a whole lot of being newly single adjustments goin on in my world at the moment, its not my place to comment on what was discussed.

So all in all, you guys can bleat on Kiwibiker as much as you want but until you start your own chapters, go to the meetings, actually get involved and put your ideas and time in, stuff all is going to change as fast as you want it to. Actually it would take bugger all effort if there where a few of you to make more things happen. And from what I could see of the first meeting I've ever been to, they would welcome the input and involvement. Bronze have enough to do trying formulate submissions to fend off stupid bureaucratic laws like any windscreen over x area needs a windsrceen wiper?? Which meant your new GSXR would have to have a bloody windscreen wiper.

So I learned a few things:
1/- They actually do a lot more behind the scenes than I ever thought.
2/- There's very few bikers that actually give a shit ( about 12 in the whole of Auckland!) Most would rather bend over and take it up the arse than come out on a cold rainy Wednesday night.
3/- The people at that meeting would dearly like to be a proactive orgainisation, not a reactive one. But think about it, the liaison required just to interface and knit together the factions of motorcycling alone ie, Ulysses, HOG etc etc is a full time job on its own. Let alone Marketing, rallies, safety training, Safety campaigns, membership drives, promoting membership at race meetings, bike shows, shops and other events. Then dealing with ACC and/or govt and all the other stuff being called for in previous posts.

Look I know I've written a book above and probably left myself wide open to be quoted out of context and some of you aren't going to like what I have said!
But fuck it! I'm not on the committee and don't have to defend or justify my 2c above!
Rightly or wrongly I'm just telling it like I saw it and I'm not very good at this stuff!!!
IMHO Bikers only have themselves to blame (including me) for not being more in control of our own world.

Edit: I've just reread what I posted and it comes across a bit angry! Just let me say I'm not, the written word is sometimes harsh without the body language. And the meeting was as Dave said positive and pleasant!But I get the impression some are simply expecting to much from people giving a lot already.

Bugger,
It must be personally disappointing for those who attended to know that their hard work is not supported or appreciated.

Katman
23rd July 2010, 22:47
Nope the joke is if you don't agree and don't do something for change or stand in opposition?

Go Figure it out ?

That's it for me, I've said my piece you will have to have the last word so flame away! LOL!!!

Night all!

It was within BRONZ's power to send out, via email to every member they have addresses for, a list of names of candidates with a brief statement from each about what they would like to see achieved in motorcycling. It may have been an incentive for members to make themselves available to vote for someone they indentified with.

Pixie
24th July 2010, 08:59

What do you mean "Clean up our back yard?"
All this placation of the arseholes that are trying to ban motorcycling is starting to give me the shits.
Do the AA have to clean up their backyard because there are pillocks in cars that kill themselves?

Pixie
24th July 2010, 09:19
Well,I discovered this thread today the 24th.
Some of us don't spend our lives on KB.
I am a member of BRONZ and have received emails from them in the past,but I did not receive any notification of the AGM.

If BRONZ wants to increase membership they need to be seen to be doing something.not having poorly attended meetings and sending out emails on what committees they have become members of.
MAG in Aussie got membership when they started to cause trouble for politicians.

Pixie
24th July 2010, 09:26

Seeing as this thread is about the BRONZ Auckland AGM,when is the BRONZ Taupo AGM scheduled?

Big Dave
24th July 2010, 09:47
Next time we'll send a Limo Pix.

I get regular news emails from Hanne. Perhaps she or Squiggles can give you revised sign up details when they check the thread. And make sure it's linked suitably on the BRONZ site.

A couple of things we talked about were 'taking it online' somehow and accepting memberships on the web site.

Mr Outlawtorn is working through that process - on time and efforts he donates to the cause. We've also set up a news blog which Hanne has just started uploading and archiving yesterday

http://bronzcoms.blogspot.com

The problem is - with all due respect to those that have actually 'done' something - is that it's simply easier to moan about shit online.

'The election process is a joke' - It is. It involves finding enough people to volunteer to fill the positions. And thank goodness for them and the sterling results they have achieved.

The organisation, and the skeleton staff who man it, are just as capable of getting the type of results that are achieved elsewhere - and from the Bikeoi standpoint - here too.

None of those involved are adverse to doing things a different way, trying new ideas, changing the organization - whatever it would take to get a dynamic consultative group.

The main thing it lacks is membership.

$20.