PDA

View Full Version : Coromandel ride, 3rd or 4th july

Crisis management
28th June 2010, 11:09
Anyone in for a wander around the Coromandel this weekend?

At this stage either saturday or sunday dependant on the weather and how many volunteers there are, nothing hard, all sealed or gravel roads with a rough plan as follows.

Leave Auckland 8 am via Clevedon and the coast road to Thames (@9.30) up the Thames coast to Coromandel, coffee there then to Port Jackson.
Back to Coromandel then via Castle rock road to the 309 to Coroglen for a late lunch, over to Tapu, Thames & home up the coast.
I want to explore around Castle rock if the road is open and as there have been a few slips up there this weekend a few diversions may be needed.
I aim to get back to Auckland for 5pm

Any suggestions welcome and I've got $5.00 says Brent has an excuse to not come..........:Pokey:

ducatijim
28th June 2010, 11:40
That sounds like fun, CM........hmmmmm

Crisis management
28th June 2010, 15:24
That sounds like fun, CM........hmmmmm

You're back! Convince Neil to emerge from his cave and come along, I mean it won't rain or anything......

Iain

ducatijim
28th June 2010, 16:37
YeahImback.........hating it too!

I have a plan, I also have another offer.....shit.......you know I can go for a year without any offers then I get 2 options in 1 weekend.....phfbtt!

PeteJ
28th June 2010, 21:55
Dang: conflict of hobbies - I'm kayak fishing (yeah, yeah, fishing from the kayak) elsewhere this weekend.

Have fun, all.

cave weta
28th June 2010, 22:10
Ill make every effort to be there- Havent been to the rock in a while- I can show you some cool goldmines up there

.chris
28th June 2010, 23:16
I could well be a starter for this one. The day with the best weather suits me the best.
The rest of my weekend can kiss my shiney metal butt if the weather is good.

ducatijim
29th June 2010, 17:09
This idea needs a RedBull I think Iain?

Crisis management
29th June 2010, 19:48
This idea needs a RedBull I think Iain?

You been watch Romaniacs or is this an "in" joke that I'm not aware of?

ducatijim
30th June 2010, 10:21
Neither Iain, I just think the idea is really lacking 'wings'...........ie, RedBull etc?

Crisis management
30th June 2010, 10:55
Ok, caught on now......(need red bull obviously)

I think everyone is conserving money at present Jamie, I just plan on going for a ride and if anyone else turns up that's a bonus, I'll post up a day (probably saturday) tomorrow and a couple of places / times to meet up and we will see what happens.

.chris
30th June 2010, 13:55
Ok, caught on now......(need red bull obviously)

I think everyone is conserving money at present Jamie, I just plan on going for a ride and if anyone else turns up that's a bonus, I'll post up a day (probably saturday) tomorrow and a couple of places / times to meet up and we will see what happens.

I don't think I can make this one sorry, I think a gentle thrash around the sandpit might be a better option for me this weekend.

GPS MAN
30th June 2010, 18:49
I would really like to ride but, a little too far on short notice....next time:yes:

Crisis management
1st July 2010, 08:31
Ok, looks like it's me and maybe (Cave weta?) others if the weather holds up, saturday it is as Sunday looks a little wet!
If anyone wants to meet up these are the suggestions:

Outside the Clevedon pub on the Clevedon-Kawakawa road at 8.30.

Outside the Kopu pub at 9.30 to 10.00ish.

After that it's Coromandel and various places around the peninsula.

Chris, I'm going to the Sandpit with the 200 on sunday if that works for you.......(orange 200 EXC with white radiator shrouds, travelling at nana speed :shit:)

.chris
1st July 2010, 10:48
Chris, I'm going to the Sandpit with the 200 on sunday if that works for you.......(orange 200 EXC with white radiator shrouds, travelling at nana speed :shit:)

Sounds good to me, what time are you thinking of being there?

I am 50/50 on the saturday ride.

ducatijim
1st July 2010, 11:34
Iain, me n Bass will meet u @ Kopu @ 930ish Sat.

Crisis management
1st July 2010, 11:43
Sounds good to me, what time are you thinking of being there?

I am 50/50 on the saturday ride.

Sunday 9 to 10 ish, I try and get there early to beat the rush.......dark blue Isusu Bighorn & trailer.

Iain, me n Bass will meet u @ Kopu @ 930ish Sat.

Woohoo, I've got mates! Be good to catch up!

ducatijim
2nd July 2010, 12:12
Looks like we ur only mates this time?

We will be stayn the nite at Tapu, so will meet u there sat mornin? U said coffee at Coro, so I am guessn that Kopu/Thames was no more than a meet point, is that ok?

We will be ready to roll from Tapu from 0930ish, unless you inform us otherwise Iain.

Lookn forward to it! :-)

Crisis management
2nd July 2010, 13:57
Sounds good Jamie, see you in the morning.

Iain

Devil
2nd July 2010, 15:39
Unfortunately i've booked a hangover for Saturday. I really want to get out too :(

Dont Know
3rd July 2010, 16:27
Hi Iain, I turned up at the Kopo Pub this morning about 9.30 am, waited till 9.45am but did not see you, maybe you had left earlier? I realise you were not expecting me, it was a last minute decision on my part to join you.

i rode up to Castle Rock anyway, I explored soms of the many side roads which leed to some serious single track and soft stuff. Did a few hill climbs on the 950, one turned to shit in some of that yellow clay.

A good days riding anyway.

Cheers
Al

Crisis management
3rd July 2010, 21:54
Ooops.....I was thru there about ten minutes before you, sorry Al, it would have been great to have caught up, I did stop briefly, honest!

I met up with Ducatijim & Bass at Tapu, went to Fletchers bay, Kennedy bay, Castle rock and then home (The other two are involved with annoying the Tapu pub locals) a great day out, truly beautiful scenery, a few really annoying 4x4's, what more could you want?

.chris
4th July 2010, 00:27
Ooops.....I was thru there about ten minutes before you, sorry Al, it would have been great to have caught up, I did stop briefly, honest!

I met up with Ducatijim & Bass at Tapu, went to Fletchers bay, Kennedy bay, Castle rock and then home (The other two are involved with annoying the Tapu pub locals) a great day out, truly beautiful scenery, a few really annoying 4x4's, what more could you want?

How are you looking for woodhill in the AM, the weather now says "showers developing" which after today being showers, sometimes heavy and being a cracker of a day, I am inclined to think it may be lovely.

Anyway will check the thread in the AM, and failing that head out anyway for a shifty look around and maybe a whip up the beach.

EDIT
Got up at 7:30, was raining pretty hard, so I went back to bed. checked again at 9, still rain. Figured you won't be riding.

Crisis management
4th July 2010, 10:29
Figured you won't be riding.

Correct....a day of fixing bikes and watching MotoGP qualifying is planned.

.chris
4th July 2010, 10:56
Correct....a day of fixing bikes and watching MotoGP qualifying is planned.

I wasted yesterday fixing my bike (well, a little fixing, then hours trying to find a missing bolt)
Maybe next weekend eh!

dino3310
4th July 2010, 22:26
:lol: i spent 3 nights looking for a part last week, then i looked up the parts on bike bandit and well F me i was looking for a ghost part that didnt exist :doh: