PDA

View Full Version : Do cagers hate us?

dpex
28th June 2010, 18:02
In the Herald, last week, was a most interesting poll. Contributors were asked to supply their most detested 'other driver' issues. Each page contained about fifteen submissions. I got to the end of page nine and lost interest.

However, what fascinated me was, there was not one single adverse comment about bikers. I would have thought there'd be a few about lane-splitting, from the peeved who sit in traffic. Or overtaking quickly and thus scaring the shit out of those who use mirrors only to correct facial defects. But no! Not a mention.

What does this mean? Does it mean we bikers are truly invisible?

Does it mean the general cager public think we're a fine bunch of lads and lasses?

Beats me. Any ideas why our generally and often dreadful behaviour has not registered in the minds of the annoyed?

mattian
28th June 2010, 18:05
not as much as I hate them

Usarka
28th June 2010, 18:06
I wonder if one started whether everyone would hump the band hamster.

Or maybe katman is saving he world.

mattian
28th June 2010, 18:08
but seriously though. Cagers are only held up by other cagers.... (generally) we are never in their way long enough for them to get annoyed.

nodrog
28th June 2010, 18:11
Because it said "other driver" issues, not gang members on motorcycles issues.

slofox
28th June 2010, 18:20
When I'm being a cager, I don't hate bikers...

Maha
28th June 2010, 18:26

Some bikers are real bastards.

CookMySock
28th June 2010, 19:16
[...] not one single adverse comment about bikers. [....] What does this mean? [...] Does it mean the general cager public think we're a fine bunch of lads and lasses?Either that, or they are too scared of us to answer an anonymous newspaper poll in an honest fashion. :blink:

I think motorists respect bikers very much. I think they admire and want to be one as well.

It doesn't matter if we irritate them on occasion - the fact is, we're doing it and they aint. The maths is simple.

Steve

R6_kid
28th June 2010, 22:31

I tend to find that when I'm on a bike it brings out the dickhead in other (usually 250cc) riders more so than I've ever experienced when I'm in my car.

Tank
28th June 2010, 22:46
Either that, or they are too scared of us to answer an anonymous newspaper poll in an honest fashion. :blink:

I doubt many if any are actually scared of 'us' in the slightest. Lets face it - we are a bunch of people who ride bikes - that dosnt make us big bad gang members - and lets face it a IT professional, a salesman or a ice cream seller dosnt become scary just because they are on a bike - thats their delusion that they are scary not the car drivers.

Do you find Toyota drivers more scary than a Daihatsu driver - is a 2 door car driver more scary than a 4 door - why the fuck would a bike make the person suddenly scary?

I think motorists respect bikers very much. I think they admire and want to be one as well.

Most couldn't give a flying fuck. Most dont want to be riding a bike - and many simply laugh at you when you are riding in the rain.

It doesn't matter if we irritate them on occasion - the fact is, we're doing it and they aint. The maths is simple.

umm you know there is no math in that comment right?

Gremlin
29th June 2010, 02:35
evidently I need to stop helping old ladies with their tyre pressures and opening their fuel caps. I'm ruining the bad ass image :yes:

Scuba_Steve
29th June 2010, 10:10
I don't think cagers hate bikers, some are jealous or envious when they see us but as a general rule I don't think they hate us. Besides like us they also have to deal with other cagers that cant drive but unlike us they also have to deal with cyclists & scooters (god I hate scooters! GET A BIKE!!!)

PrincessBandit
29th June 2010, 11:25
My bad experiences with blind or dozy drivers happen irrespective of my mode of transport.

Maybe it's just me then???
Seriously, I've had mixed interactions at both ends of the scale with all other road users regardless of their or my number of black rubbery things touching the road. So I don't think cagers hate us at all - they're more likely to hate individual cocks (or cockesses) or just anyone else in their way bike or car.

slofox
29th June 2010, 12:29
My bad experiences with blind or dozy drivers happen irrespective of my mode of transport.

Good point - one which I would make as well...I see more lunacy when driving my car than when on the bike. Could be, that when I'm on the bike, I'm never around any one car for long enough to notice I suppose...hurhurhur :devil2: