PDA

View Full Version : Favourite comedians etc

MSTRS
28th May 2005, 10:27
With the recent joke postings getting into references to particular comedians, I thought I'd start one just for peeps to announce their favourites and a quote or two.
Personally I prefer the 'older' comedians who don't totally rely on foul language etc to be funny - eg Cheech & Chong, The Goons, Benny Hill

Marknz
28th May 2005, 10:41
Billy Connelly, whether you like the foul language or not.

The Tazman
28th May 2005, 10:42
Ben Elton, Rowen Atkinson, Lee Evens Would have to be my top 3. I say all comedians are good if they make you :rofl: as we need more laughter these days.

NC
28th May 2005, 10:54
Jim Carrey.. That guy makes me laugh sooooo much!

Cal Wilson :D

Eurodave
28th May 2005, 11:11
John Cleese & the rest of the Monty Python team, Ive got most of their CDs & love a lot of their skits

Sniper
28th May 2005, 11:38
John Cleese, Benny hill

Big Dave
28th May 2005, 12:06
Monty Python - 'I wave my private parts at your Auties'

Morcombe & Wise - 'Bring me sunshine'

Michael Palin's Ripping yarns - 'No you didn't - i shot him'

George Carlin - There are over 200,000 words in the english language and there is only 7 of them you can't say on television'

The Castle - 'tell 'im 'es dreamin' - 'straight to the pool room' - 'jousting sticks, dad!'

Blackadder - I have a pea, to it I add another pea - Now Baldrick what do I have? - A very small salad, my lord?'

Mr Bean - 'my flexible friend'

Billy - ^&(^@#$%^98#$%&@#%$#$*)*

The Panel - no seriously - The Kiwi version was a franchised production of an Aussie show - the aussie production featured the people who wrote and produced 'the castle' and was some of the best live TV produced in the region. The spontenaiety didn't cross the tasman with the production values unfortunately.

Mike King - i like the dumb act.

Cosby - Get past the apple pie and he's done some amazing comedy.

Douglas Adams. - 5 books of it.

Ben Elton - reading him - not watching him.

William Shakespear - 'Hey nonny nonny' - Has to be the first 'throw away' ever written down.

I have more but I'd have to think about it - all of the above is loaded in the top tray.

stevedee
28th May 2005, 12:24
Dave Allen, an Irish comic, always sat on a high chair, with a glass at his side, and had one finger missing.

Big Dave
28th May 2005, 12:43
Dave Allen, an Irish comic, always sat on a high chair, with a glass at his side, and had one finger missing.

'spits, auuugh - someone has put WATER in my glass'

well spotted.

campbellluke
28th May 2005, 13:56
Anyone that isn't named Mike King.

Badcat
28th May 2005, 14:32
bill hicks.
george carlin

google them if you don't recognise them.

it's worth it.

k

balans
28th May 2005, 16:07
Larry David - "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

This should be compulsory viewing.

Bill Hicks, Billy Connolly, George Carlin, Frank Skinner and many more.

Shows like "the Office" and "The Green Wing"

I absolutly can't stand Jim Carrey, he was funny for the first few seconds back on "In Living Colour" but his act hasn't changed at all.

NC
28th May 2005, 16:38
I absolutly can't stand Jim Carrey, he was funny for the first few seconds back on "In Living Colour" but his act hasn't changed at all.
He has great facial expressions