PDA

View Full Version : front wheel blow out

guzzi_nz
28th May 2005, 10:27
what fun today a front wheel blowout on the guzzi at 100 kph well untouch stay up :niceone:
but di end up on wrong side of road lucky for me southland dont have alot of cars around :yes:

i took the front tyre off and all this stuff was in there .this stuff is tyre pando :devil2:
must had been put in a time ago as it had harden the tube which is y it blew out not just go down as any other time i picked nails up
only had bike 2 weeks .so dint know about it :ride:

MSTRS
28th May 2005, 10:31
You was lucky. But how could anyone tell whether their tyre had been pando'd

Lou Girardin
28th May 2005, 10:32
Buy a Lotto ticket, you lucky sod.

Matt Bleck
28th May 2005, 10:39
You might wanna change your undies too. :niceone:

WINJA
28th May 2005, 10:42
what fun today a front wheel blowout on the guzzi at 100 kp-m
WELL AT I00 KILOMETERS PER MILLINIUM IM NOT SUPRISED YOUR OK

HDTboy
28th May 2005, 10:47
Isn't pando the hard-bastard in"two hands"

You're very lucky though

mangell6
28th May 2005, 11:37
Collective sigh of relief!

Get a couple of lotto tickets.

Sniper
28th May 2005, 11:45
Lucky bugger. Hope the heart has slowed

guzzi_nz
28th May 2005, 11:52
You was lucky. But how could anyone tell whether their tyre had been pando'd

being a older guzzi it had tube i think most newer bike or most japs are tubeless which is the way to go

yes i off to get lotto i am very luckly me and misses rode it but from masterson 2 weeks ago are over to coast clocked up 1600 km over the week dont know if i could had keep it up with 2 up and bags :Punk:

crashe
28th May 2005, 11:54
Gee you are one lucky dude...

Go and buy half a dozen lotto tickets....

zeRax
28th May 2005, 13:47
better yet, buy me half a dozen lotto tickets and then you wont be cursed with badluck afterwards, ill even give you 10% of anything i make ;)

Sniper
28th May 2005, 14:13
You are from Blenheim, doubt it

guzzi_nz
28th May 2005, 15:30
[QUOTE=Sniper]You are from Blenheim, doubt it[/QUO

live in bleneim for 5 years about 4 years ago had my old guzzi sp1000 2 back then

Gixxer 4 ever
28th May 2005, 15:38
Feck lucky you. :niceone: Did the tyre wall blow out or did the tube deflate fast out the Valve hole? You don't want tubes if you can help it but where there are spokes there are tubes. I know this doesn't apply in all cases as some spokes are set to the out side. I think the BMW PD is one of them bikes. Well done mate. :yes:

Coldkiwi
28th May 2005, 16:23
you're a lucky guy Guzzi! Good on ya for not chucking the whole show down the road. :niceone:

That man deserves something much better than a DB!

johnsf1980
28th May 2005, 17:11
Your fortunate!!! Never mind the front tyre... I dont even like the thought of the back tyre blowing up at 100 kmph :no: :no:

what fun today a front wheel blowout on the guzzi at 100 kph well untouch stay up :niceone:
but di end up on wrong side of road lucky for me southland dont have alot of cars around :yes:

i took the front tyre off and all this stuff was in there .this stuff is tyre pando :devil2:
must had been put in a time ago as it had harden the tube which is y it blew out not just go down as any other time i picked nails up
only had bike 2 weeks .so dint know about it :ride:

John
28th May 2005, 17:39
Man glad you held it up - blown tires are at the top of my 'must avoid' list, good on ya dude :)

Wolf
28th May 2005, 21:08
Sheeeee-it!

The thought of a blown front tyre gives me the shits. Had the back tyre go once and the arse of the bike went all over the show - and I was only doing 30km/h as I was slowing for the lights. I'd hate for something like that to happen to the front end of the bike - especially at 100km/h.

ajturbo
28th May 2005, 21:36
years ago i was hooning up the wongamoe's (sp) just out side of nelson... with my then wife on the back .. we got around a couple of corners .....then i thought she was having me on by leaning the wrong way around the corner... so i thought fuck you.. i'll show ya... choped down a gear and flew into the next corner chucked it down and ..... FUCK...WTF are you doing.. the bike wouldn't lean over ... some how i managed to get around the corner and pulled up and spat the dummy... she said what do you mean?????? then i just happen to see a FLAT FRONT TYRE........ woooooops

250learna
29th May 2005, 01:48
you're a lucky guy Guzzi! Good on ya for not chucking the whole show down the road. :niceone:

That man deserves something much better than a DB!

heineken perhaps?
while your getting your lotto do you wana get me a ticket too :yes:

guzzi_nz
29th May 2005, 09:41
o well only won 100 dallors on lotto but it something

RON SOAK
29th May 2005, 09:52
It'll buy a new tube :niceone:

Zapf
29th May 2005, 15:24
Tire Pando? = tube?

oldrider
10th June 2005, 15:24
Was that a tyre "pando" or "green slime"? The pando is only to get you to a repair shop, the green slime things are life of the tyre type stuff. Do you know for sure which one it was? I would like to know because I bought one of the slime type thingies and haven't had the confidence to use it because of fear of what has happened to you. You did well to keep it all together and stay alive. I don't mind spending money on tyres. Cheers John.

vifferman
10th June 2005, 15:31
Was that a tyre "pando" or "green slime"? The pando is only to get you to a repair shop, the green slime things are life of the tyre type stuff.
I think the tyre pando works on tubed tyres, whereas the slime is for tubeless.
Both of them only work well on small holes.
While they're a good idea to get you home, they are messy, and the slime stuff means the inside of your rim is covered in crap, which should really be cleaned off when the tyre's next removed. Not the best either for a well-balanced wheel.

Artifice
10th June 2005, 17:20
There was slime in my second bikes' front tyre. Caused a nasty vibration at 120, an evil shake at 140 and scary at 160kph. aparently the stuff is supposed to produce a smoother ride. hah!