PDA

View Full Version : Yee Haa, Im finally legal!!

Str8 Jacket
28th May 2005, 11:59
Well I did my theory test at the AA this morning, and passed!! Mananged to fluke it and get all of the questions correct, Im stoked! Now I dont have to ride around "illegally" :whistle:
Cheers to all those people that pm-ed me with support and advice etc its really helped make the process heaps easier :Punk:
Now all I have to do is wait for my bike to arrive!! . . . . :wait:

sunhuntin
28th May 2005, 12:03
CONGRATS :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

justsomeguy
28th May 2005, 12:20
Welcome welcome welcome - to the world of semi legal riding....... semi legal cos all the learners I know don't have L-plates or keep to the "please run me over" 70kmph limit.

Hey first off - what kind of a bike would you like to get eventually??

Cos if you are a speed freak like most of us DO NOT GET A GN250....like it says in your profile.

Buy something like a CBR or ZXR.

AND EXERCISE SELF CONTROL. The same control that stops you from running accross motorways or jumping off tall buildings - until you feel comfortable pushing it a bit harder.

Cos as a newbie rider, I regret not having gone for the CBR/ZXR in the first place. Can't afford to upgrade now so am stuck with it.

Unless you are rich enough to buy and then sell and then upgrade. For you should be bored with the GN250 in a month. Don;t worry about things like mechanical know how cos you got 2000+ brothers and sisters here to help you.

My 2c.....:niceone:

........ and oh yeah, lest we forget

:banana: Congrats :wari:

Waylander
28th May 2005, 12:56
Thought this was about something else...:whistle:

Anyway a big congrats!! Have yourself a :drinkup: to celebrate. Or even better go for a :ride: . Revel in your legality.

Only 1pm and allready sound like I'm drunk...

justsomeguy
28th May 2005, 13:02
Only 1pm and allready sound like I'm drunk...

Aren't you always......

Come on you wellingtonians - organise a little ride or perhaps shopping expedition for dear Str8 Jacket will ya's........:yes:

Sniper
28th May 2005, 13:10
Congrats mate

jaybee
28th May 2005, 22:01
Congrats !!!!!! WELL DONE

feels good ay that first legal ride you look for cops to pull you over just to produce that bit of paper .... here you go officer im legal as

250learna
29th May 2005, 02:12
Congrats, its a proud moment for anyone. Sadly i have never been pulled up...so neva had any use for the licence, i like the pic better on the new card tho, i guess thats something :yes:

250learna
29th May 2005, 02:13
Mananged to fluke it and get all of the questions correct, Im stoked!

I got full marks on my one too, i use that with all the ladies, they love it :niceone:

jazbug5
29th May 2005, 07:57
Congrats! When does the bike arrive?

John
29th May 2005, 08:44
Mint, nothing wrong with the gn - remember if you drop a cbr/zxr you will be paying mrga bucks to repair them - where as the gn will still be in one piece :)

congratulations and keep us informed!

Str8 Jacket
31st May 2005, 07:40
Congrats! When does the bike arrive?

Cheers, my bike should hopefully be here in 3 weeks or less. I have the date that it should arrive by bolded on my calender, that date is the 18th, so fingers crossed I will have it by then!! Look out Wellington, is all I can say!! :yes:

JSM - Cheers, but being the good Govt worker that I am, and especially since I work indirectly with collections of fines then I am gonna try my best to keep it legal - its not worth risking my job, but then again . . . :whistle:

Maximus
31st May 2005, 08:22
Welcome welcome welcome - to the world of semi legal riding....... semi legal cos all the learners I know don't have L-plates or keep to the "please run me over" 70kmph limit.

Cos if you are a speed freak like most of us DO NOT GET A GN250....like it says in your profile.

Buy something like a CBR or ZXR.

AND EXERCISE SELF CONTROL. The same control that stops you from running accross motorways or jumping off tall buildings - until you feel comfortable pushing it a bit harder.

Cos as a newbie rider, I regret not having gone for the CBR/ZXR in the first place. Can't afford to upgrade now so am stuck with it.

Unless you are rich enough to buy and then sell and then upgrade. For you should be bored with the GN250 in a month. Don;t worry about things like mechanical know how cos you got 2000+ brothers and sisters here to help you.

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!! :niceone:

Secondly, Don't anyone go giving her any idea's, cause SHE NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN (her tutor that took her thru her CBTA will agree!! :yes: ) or she is gonna end up with a shit load of tickets! :-p In fact, are you sure your a newbie Hell's, cause you sure scared the fuck outta me in the weekend! :msn-wink:

Thirdly, She is going to buy my bike of me, just as soon as she's legal, aye Hell's :yeah: :whistle:

Str8 Jacket
31st May 2005, 08:56
Secondly, Don't anyone go giving her any idea's, cause SHE NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN (her tutor that took her thru her CBTA will agree!! :yes: ) or she is gonna end up with a shit load of tickets! :-p In fact, are you sure your a newbie Hell's, cause you sure scared the fuck outta me in the weekend! :msn-wink:

Thirdly, She is going to buy my bike of me, just as soon as she's legal, aye Hell's :yeah: :whistle:

hehe, yea just about gave myself the shits on Sunday too, you dont have to tell me twice to slow down!! :motu:

And well, if ya want me to buy ya bike then you best be nice to me! :bleh:

Bonez
3rd June 2005, 18:56
Cheers, my bike should hopefully be here in 3 weeks or less. I have the date that it should arrive by bolded on my calender, that date is the 18th, so fingers crossed I will have it by then!! Look out Wellington, is all I can say!! :yes:

GNs are a good choice. Simple to work on, economical, lightweight and dispite what some here think fun. There are a few around my neck of the woods and the owners seem quite happy with them.

WINJA
3rd June 2005, 23:01
Yee Haa, Im finally legal!!
I USUALLY LIKE HEARING THIS FROM THE BITCHES

Maximus
4th June 2005, 11:54
Yee Haa, Im finally legal!!
I USUALLY LIKE HEARING THIS FROM THE BITCHES

Mate, you best be hoping that the "bitch" that your referring to doesn't ever meet ya. She does Thai kickboxing, and IS damn good at it too! :oi-grr:

WINJA
4th June 2005, 18:42
Mate, you best be hoping that the "bitch" that your referring to doesn't ever meet ya. She does Thai kickboxing, and IS damn good at it too! :oi-grr:
ITS OK IM A BLACK BELT IN NOCANDO

Maximus
5th June 2005, 13:25
ITS OK IM A BLACK BELT IN NOCANDO

Aha, the old No- Can-Do :rofl: that's brilliant!!