PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

scorry
5th July 2010, 18:17
Why wont anyone buy my KTM??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=301559596

too expensive?

too old?

cos its been raced?

Its a bloody good bike that has been well looked after, yes raced but well maintained

JimO
5th July 2010, 19:07
is it too expensive??? i dont know but times are hard and a 7k toy may be a bit much

Gremlin
5th July 2010, 19:37
What are equivalent race motards going for, ie, actually selling. Don't bother about street ones, this is effectively a race bike, having been raced, to a buyer. Also, are there enough races for this class of bike? ie, you've stepped to 450, maybe others are looking to do the same?

Its winter, the economy etc, the market is shot.

Give you a dorrah mister?

hayd3n
5th July 2010, 19:48
road legal
does that mean it come's with a road kit?

and reg/wofable/ liveplates
ppl might just think iits a race bike that could go on the road
and apart from that its winter

hayd3n
5th July 2010, 19:49
road legal

t3mp0r4ry nzr
5th July 2010, 19:54
price. no offence

White trash
5th July 2010, 19:57
I'll lease it off ya Hayden, $50 a meeting plus consumables.

Can't argue with that son.

Smifffy
5th July 2010, 20:08
I think it's because in the race photos you don't have your leg out. Post up some leg out photos and the punters will appear out of the woodwork. :niceone:

scorry
5th July 2010, 20:11
is it too expensive??? i dont know but times are hard and a 7k toy may be a bit much

yeah but a 7k competitive race bike you could ride to work isnt too bad is it?

What are equivalent race motards going for, ie, actually selling. Don't bother about street ones, this is effectively a race bike, having been raced, to a buyer. Also, are there enough races for this class of bike? ie, you've stepped to 450, maybe others are looking to do the same?

Its winter, the economy etc, the market is shot.

Give you a dorrah mister?

yeah the 450 class is becoming more popular ay
might want a little more than a dollar

road legal

yeah it fully road legal ay, its got live plates and a cuurrent rego till January 2011

I'll lease it off ya Hayden, $50 a meeting plus consumables.

Can't argue with that son.

haha good try jimmy, would love to see you on one tho

scorry
5th July 2010, 20:15
I think it's because in the race photos you don't have your leg out. Post up some leg out photos and the punters will appear out of the woodwork. :niceone:

im not very good at riding like that ay,
its cos we get told off for it down here, even if we are only racing motards

Latte
5th July 2010, 20:20
yeah it fully road legal ay, its got live plates and a cuurrent rego till January 2011

I think it's worth making a point about it being wof'ed and rego'ed. and if you have the road gear mention that. If that ad stated it's a bike I could go for a weekend ride on, and the bonus of being a competitive motard if I wanted, would make it sound more appealing (A step closer to that magic "do it all" bike).

scorry
5th July 2010, 20:25
I think it's worth making a point about it being wof'ed and rego'ed. and if you have the road gear mention that. If that ad stated it's a bike I could go for a weekend ride on, and the bonus of being a competitive motard if I wanted, would make it sound more appealing (A step closer to that magic "do it all" bike).

ok thanks for that, ill add a comment about it as soon as trade me lets me log in
cheers

Scuba_Steve
5th July 2010, 20:54
I'll give you 21$ and a big mac for it, I could possibly go as far to incl a couple of bic pens stolen from work. Anything above thats getting too expensive for me

Shorty_925
8th July 2010, 11:20
Price to the age of the bike maybe? Also if you look at MX bikes arent holding anywhere near the new price after 1 owner.

Gibbo89
8th July 2010, 23:39
if you carjam the plates, it says the bike is not legal at the mo. it hasnt sat a wof for over a year etc etc

scorry
9th July 2010, 07:25
if you carjam the plates, it says the bike is not legal at the mo. it hasnt sat a wof for over a year etc etc

correct, hasnt got a wof at the moment, havent been riding it on the road so no need for a WOF.
would get one easy as tho

scorry
9th July 2010, 07:27
Should i get a new WOF??

would that help?

Murray
9th July 2010, 08:25
Should i get a new WOF??

would that help?

YEP it certainly would. Bad time of year to be selling though

DEATH_INC.
9th July 2010, 08:43
I reckon it's the price/age thing.

fatzx10r
9th July 2010, 11:54
swap ya for a kx450f ;)

scorry
9th July 2010, 13:13
swap ya for a kx450f ;)

haha dnt think so nath, maybe your zx?

Expert
5th August 2010, 10:53
i struggled to get rid of my '03 450, got 5.5k for it. gutted.

scorry
5th August 2010, 11:21
i struggled to get rid of my '03 450, got 5.5k for it. gutted.

oh tru, well i really dont want to go much under $7k, im losing enough on it as it is.
i would rather hold on to it if i cant get some sort of decent price for it.

bimotabob
12th August 2010, 21:58
Well with Rego for over 600's having gone up, winter and a recession bikes are only selling with competitive prices.
Mainly people tell me it's the recession and no ones got that much cash spare and the people who do aren't buying the older bikes especially race type ones.

I finally went and brought a 1 owner 6000km 2002 640 Supermoto for $5800 with rego and wof and it had a buy now of $7100 and I feel ripped off for letting myself pay more than 5k for it to be honest.

It's a buyers market make no mistake about it

Have also heard a number of bike shops have closed the doors with Mt Eden Motorcycles being the most recent.

Cheers

jedski
13th August 2010, 17:34
I'm in the market and would be totally interested but it is a matter of timing and location (I'm in Auckland). I think it is priced alright but just be prepared to be a little flexible. I know some people would be nervous as it has a racing history.
What's the service intervals?

Crazy Steve
13th August 2010, 22:43

too expensive?

too old?

cos its been raced?

Its a bloody good bike that has been well looked after, yes raced but well maintained

Nice bike, but I think its abit expensive...

Crazy Steve.

scorry
15th August 2010, 19:11
I'm in the market and would be totally interested but it is a matter of timing and location (I'm in Auckland). I think it is priced alright but just be prepared to be a little flexible. I know some people would be nervous as it has a racing history.
What's the service intervals?

knowing what i know about race bikes and people that race them, i would be more inclined to buy a race bike rather than one that gets ridden to work everyday.

Service intervals i have been doing are way over the top, oil change after every one or two race weekends, and filters 10hrs.

biketans got this bike down from auckland for me for $520, im guessing it wouldnt have gone up too much

am willing to be a little flexible and even help out with transport

The Pink Panther
15th September 2010, 22:12
well hayden to be honest , have thought about buying it but bought a plated low hr 450 burg.
that bike is priced to sell at 6.5 k .
The parts on the bike is like F$%k slipper clutch and a header pipe , I suggest move Sell the bike in CHCH . take new photos
at the new pick up point seller's house 4 max photos , dont mention its an ex race bike untill they view her. Whats the barrel like new nickle seal? Dirt rims would help with but thats $$$ , i mean i hang on too dirt rims .

Fresh Start on the bike.

tigertim20
15th September 2010, 22:28

too expensive?

too old?

cos its been raced?

dunno, tis nice though. Personally, I get a little iffy whenever I see a vehicle thats had a heap of work done to it. Not because Im worried about quality of workmanship, but because I wonder why its needed the work,, i.e. thrashed, crashed, etc. Maybe Im just a suspicious bastard:yes:

scorry
16th September 2010, 08:23
well hayden to be honest , have thought about buying it but bought a plated low hr 450 burg.
that bike is priced to sell at 6.5 k .
The parts on the bike is like F$%k slipper clutch and a header pipe , I suggest move Sell the bike in CHCH . take new photos
at the new pick up point seller's house 4 max photos , dont mention its an ex race bike untill they view her. Whats the barrel like new nickle seal? Dirt rims would help with but thats $$$ , i mean i hang on too dirt rims .

Fresh Start on the bike.

dunno, tis nice though. Personally, I get a little iffy whenever I see a vehicle thats had a heap of work done to it. Not because Im worried about quality of workmanship, but because I wonder why its needed the work,, i.e. thrashed, crashed, etc. Maybe Im just a suspicious bastard:yes:

Cheers guys, i have been thinking of starting it fresh again
Clearly not working this way

Next time, will be relisted under someone else as a road legal beasty then

st00ji
16th September 2010, 16:20
i dont reckon ya need to use someone elses account, unless its easy to do so. wait a few weeks, take some new pics and revamp your ad i dont reckon too many will make the connection.

your bike always comes up when im looking at motards on TM, and its usually one of the cheapest, especially the road legal ones.