PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bike repairs and maintenance

socialites
7th July 2010, 08:49
Hey Guys, simply offering repairs / maintenance to any make of Dirt / Adventure bike from my well equipped home workshop at a fraction of the price asked elsewhere. Anything from wheel/yolk bearing changes, chain and sprocket kits set fitments to 2 stroke/ 4 stroke top end rebuilds. You are also more than welcome to watch me do the work on your ride in my workshop. Come chat to me and get references from people who I have already helped out.

Assasin
7th July 2010, 09:37
What qualifications do you have to work on my bike? Since you are charging that is?

socialites
7th July 2010, 10:04
Who says I am working on your bike?, thats your choice, if you choose NOT to use me for any work you might or might not have, move along..its as simple as that.

Assasin
7th July 2010, 10:11
That still doesn’t answer my question of what qualification/experience you have to work on a motorcycle/Dirt Bike? You see there are member on here that don’t charge for the odd Friday night gathering.

Taz
7th July 2010, 10:28
That still doesn’t answer my question of what qualification/experience you have to work on a motorcycle/Dirt Bike? You see there are member on here that don’t charge for the odd Friday night gathering.

FFS use one of those then! Or do the work yourself.

socialites
7th July 2010, 10:54
Although I dont owe you an explanation, I am a qualified multi trade Millwright, which covers Combustion mechanics, Turner machinist, as well as electronics. I have been in the trade for the past 30yrs, have a degree in Engineering science and Designs, as well as Government Ticket (NTC6) back in 1986. I was raised in a biking family, who owned bike shops, raced dirt bikes and I grew up in the workshop from as early as my 8th birthday. I have maintained and ridden bikes from those of the push rod types back in the 60,s to the new models in 2010 and continue to do so.
I personally would not call an top end rebuild, or a gearbox rebuild as a FRIDAY NIGHT GATHERING, but am open to you expressing your democratic right to call whatever you want, what you want, and to take your bike to who ever you want, when you want.

Assasin
7th July 2010, 11:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopdIgBG1dA

socialites
7th July 2010, 11:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopdIgBG1dA

Yep, and by the sounds of things..you would know...you pretty sad mate...but goodluck anyway, have a good life

SpikedPunch
7th July 2010, 12:23
I personally would not call an top end rebuild, or a gearbox rebuild as a FRIDAY NIGHT GATHERING

Why not ?_?

Reckless
7th July 2010, 12:30
What qualifications do you have to work on my bike? Since you are charging that is?

Jeepers Assasin you got your period or own a local bike shop. The guy was just offering to help lessor experienced people at a fraction of the price, even letting them watch and learn over his shoulder. Then you post some gumboot Vid implying he's like one of those guys?? I have none of Socialites qualifications but have helped a few here rebiuld there 2 smokers top ends at Barty's bike nights.

I sense an ulterior motive here!!!

And if your wondering, I don't know or have ever met Socialites!

bogan
7th July 2010, 12:45
sounds like a good idea to me, hope it goes well for ya :2thumbsup

Rupe
7th July 2010, 17:38
Hey Guys, simply offering repairs / maintenance to any make of Dirt / Adventure bike from my well equipped home workshop at a fraction of the price asked elsewhere. Anything from wheel/yolk bearing changes, chain and sprocket kits set fitments to 2 stroke/ 4 stroke top end rebuilds. You are also more than welcome to watch me do the work on your ride in my workshop. Come chat to me and get references from people who I have already helped out.

Can you press crank pins onto new con-rods, if so how much? thanks

2fitty
7th July 2010, 21:56
I can vouch for socialites, bloody top bloke, trustworthy, reliable and definately knows his bikes, can fully recommend!

CrazyFrog
11th July 2010, 13:28
I also can give Socialites the thumbs up. Good bloke, listen to what he says, he doesn't talk shit. He also doesn't suffer fools.

socialites
12th July 2010, 08:23
Can you press crank pins onto new con-rods, if so how much? thanks

I answered you in a PM, thank you for your enquiery.

yokel
12th July 2010, 14:08
I also can give Socialites the thumbs up. Good bloke, listen to what he says, he doesn't talk shit. He also doesn't suffer fools.

Well thats pretty bloody obvious :yes:

cave weta
14th July 2010, 21:09
I notice that Assasin is lurking around other threads posting petty quips about Socialites-
As a Moderator, I will be keeping an eye on this....

meteor
16th July 2010, 18:19
Socialites, I fixed that KX85 brake caliper problem I PM'd you about, thanks for the offer tho'. Will keep you in mind for my next problem. Cheers

motox
19th July 2010, 09:59

hey , my kx250 seized on the weekend, pulled top end off and looks the be the bottom end thats stuffed, have pulled the motor out, just wonderd if you are equipt with the correct pullers to split bottom end and replace bearings, cheers

socialites
26th July 2010, 15:40
hey , my kx250 seized on the weekend, pulled top end off and looks the be the bottom end thats stuffed, have pulled the motor out, just wonderd if you are equipt with the correct pullers to split bottom end and replace bearings, cheers

As discussed on the phone.