PDA

View Full Version : Marmite or Vegemite

Bren
8th July 2010, 12:28
Well, last time I went shopping for food I bought a jar of Vegemite for a change...Have not had it for years and years (obviously sucked in by the NZ vs Aussie debate)...

I forgot how good it tastes....

so here is the poll...Marmite or Vegemite

nodrog
8th July 2010, 12:42
Vegemite is the best!

Fanny

Gone Burger
8th July 2010, 12:44
I'm what you call a super taster and there is such an over powering difference between the two flavours. Definately a marmite girl, just cant cope with Vegemite!

2wheeldrifter
8th July 2010, 12:45
I do remember a young lady once having a rash on her virgaina... Doc told her to rub Marmite on one side of her flaps and Vegemite on the other and come back in a week and tell me how your rash is then, after a week she goes back and saying to the doc "I still have the rash Doc"

Doc looks at her and say's "Well that just proves it then, no cunt call tell the difference between Marmite or Vegemite :)

V is beta :)

vifferman
8th July 2010, 12:50
Both suck arse.
Promite FTW.

onearmedbandit
8th July 2010, 13:05
I'll take vegemite thanks. But if you ask my 3yr old daughter she'll tell you 'I don't like the spicey one'. In other words she prefers jam.

Genie
8th July 2010, 13:18
Well, last time I went shopping for food I bought a jar of Vegemite for a change...Have not had it for years and years (obviously sucked in by the NZ vs Aussie debate)...

I forgot how good it tastes....

so here is the poll...Marmite or Vegemite

You're bored aren't you?

Scuba_Steve
8th July 2010, 13:21
Vegemite if "neat". Marmite if "mixed" i.e. Marmite & lettuce, Marmite & cheese etc.

slofox
8th July 2010, 13:24
Both suck arse.
Promite FTW.

Yeah! Where's the Promite option then huh huh huuh?

wysper
8th July 2010, 13:30
Vegemite for me, but I don't dislike marmite either.

This isn't an ACDC or Iron Maiden thing:Punk:

Stirts
8th July 2010, 13:36
Vegemite for me, but I don't dislike marmite either.

I am the same same but different......Marmite for me, but I don't dislike vegemite either.

Swingers of Yeast we are ..... I said the out loud didn't I

Virago
8th July 2010, 13:36
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/65154-A-question-of-Earth-shattering-importance.

yachtie10
8th July 2010, 13:38
marmite is king
I will be taking a few Jars with me as I ride around SE asia from next week as you cant get it there (can get UK marmite in Thailand)

I can sell many jars for a great profit in places like sihanoukville, cambodia as the backpakers are hanging out for it

Headbanger
8th July 2010, 13:40
Vegemite for me, But I don't turn down marmite either.

Saw some "Our Mate" in the shop earlier, Itching to try it as its the original English Marmite, Maybe next time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

Bren
8th July 2010, 13:50
You're bored aren't you?

Nope....I am procrastinating....got a ton of dishes that needs to be done.....oh but later on maybe

Genie
8th July 2010, 13:59
marmite and chip sandwich FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gremlin
8th July 2010, 14:24
they're both equally horrible

Dogboy900
8th July 2010, 15:18
Definitely go the Vegemite it has a more rounded flavour, Marmite is sharper and is all round a less refined product more suitable for lower classes of society ;) (my GF prefers Marmite so we have both in the house, I will eat it if I can't be bothered getting out the Vegemite so its not that big a deal)

Edbear
8th July 2010, 15:20
Nope....I am procrastinating....got a ton of dishes that needs to be done.....oh but later on maybe

I used to procrastinate, now I just do it later...

Murray
8th July 2010, 15:35
What about Bovril

all three are great - love them in stews and casseroles

jack_hamma
8th July 2010, 18:42
Put me down as a veg :)

Genie
8th July 2010, 18:47
Put me down as a veg :)

haha...that can be taken so many ways!

Motu
8th July 2010, 20:03
I've been Vegemite all my life,I hate marmite.My daughter thought she would get marmite a few months ago because it's cheaper....she thought I wouldn't notice.The marmite sat around for ages - even she wouldn't eat it.Back to Vegemite,the ultimate spread.

jack_hamma
8th July 2010, 20:23
haha...that can be taken so many ways!

Yes I can be taken so many ways lol :innocent:

Oakie
8th July 2010, 20:23
Either / or

nothingflash
8th July 2010, 20:35
Neither. Cheesymite FTW

Bren
8th July 2010, 20:36
Either / or

Aha, Ya bend both ways!!!

Jackal
8th July 2010, 20:39
You won't find a jar of vege or mar mite in my house. Have never liked either from an early age. Just seems un-natural to spread something black on a nice piece of white bread

NZsarge
8th July 2010, 20:47
Veg-e-mite!

rustyrobot
8th July 2010, 20:58
Yeah! Where's the Promite option then huh huh huuh?

+1 for Promite!

Our boy is gluten-free and has something called 'our mate'. I definitely put vegemite at the bottom of the lot though, (and they lose more points for attempting to called their new product iSnack 2.0 ... aaaargh!)

Usarka
8th July 2010, 20:59
Vegemite is made from beer.

How cool can a toast spread be.

(this post may contain slight exagerations and stretching of the truth but is none the less based on a true story)

Quasievil
8th July 2010, 21:03
Peter "vegimite anal probing" Sinclair put me off for life, kinda like KFC Coleslaw

Usarka
8th July 2010, 21:05
Peter "vegimite anal probing" Sinclair put me off for life, kinda like KFC Coleslaw

He was changing a light bulb naked and fell backwards onto the kitchen table. Happens all the time according to the nurses in the ED :rofl:

Ocean1
8th July 2010, 21:13
Vegemite is made from beer.

It's made from the dead yeast sludge which is a waste-byproduct of some beer making processes.

Is useful nonetheless...

The Stranger
8th July 2010, 21:28
You're bored aren't you?

Look on the bright side - KB can only go up from here surely.

The Stranger
8th July 2010, 21:28
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/65154-A-question-of-Earth-shattering-importance.

Damn, I was wrong again, it appears it can hang around at these levels forever.

Bren
8th July 2010, 22:28
Damn, I was wrong again, it appears it can hang around at these levels forever.

Aaaah, it can get worse...believe me

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/125840-Another-pointless-poll

The Stranger
8th July 2010, 22:30

You aren't from warkworth per chance?

Or worse edgecumbe?

Bren
8th July 2010, 22:32
You aren't from warkworth per chance?

Hehe....um......aaah......I have lived there.....and Snells Beach, and Leigh

cowpoos
11th July 2010, 23:58
I'm what you call a super taster and there is such an over powering difference between the two flavours. Definately a marmite girl, just cant cope with Vegemite!

A super taster....So....errrrrrr.....you wear a cape and your undies on the outside of your lyrca other shit....and save the world from bad tastes and stuff??

Genie
12th July 2010, 06:58

Now that is a sad thread.....