PDA

View Full Version : Scooter

Suzi Q
29th May 2005, 09:49
Bought myself a scooter on Friday - little work horse!! :ride:
My 750 doesn't really like the short ride to work so I mainly take the bus - $3 a day. Our Office is shifting next year so I would need to take 2 busses - how awkward is that! So, I am now the proud owner of an Aprilia SR50 - if you are going to get a scooter and have people laugh at you you may as well go for an Itallian! :niceone:
Everyone wants to ride it, haven't had any negative comments yet. I put a top box on for extra storage - it will be used for short shopping trips, more economical than the car! Should run on the smell of an oily tissue.
We will need to tweak it a little after running it in so I can get a little more speed - speedo goes to 120kms but no way in hell that it will go that speed.

gav
29th May 2005, 09:52
Looks brand new, very nice. Theres always bucket racing :niceone:

Fart
29th May 2005, 09:55
How come the exhaust bents backwards? This will put extra pressure, will have to mod that. I used to ride around in my girlfriends 50cc honda scooter.

Suney
29th May 2005, 10:21
Looks good, mind sharing with us how much you paid?

John
29th May 2005, 10:41
Nice scoot - looks a crap load better than those damn vespa things :lol:

mm Disk brakes front and back - so I expect you will be doing stoppies and nice wheelies?

Motu
29th May 2005, 11:15
Good on ya for thinking out of the square,scooters are fun and great for blasting around town.

It's a 2 stroke Fart,different rules apply,but a 180 bend is no problem on a 4 stroke either.

scumdog
29th May 2005, 13:03
Very practical Suzy, the big bike will be left parked-up a bit more I'd say. :niceone:
If it were me I'd make the rear of the top-box real visible to the rear for added safety as the scoot is pretty well camouflaged as far as visibility goes.
Extra rear reflector/lights or at least flour colour on it.

texmo
29th May 2005, 17:07
Aprilia SR50 is a good scooter fabriziracing makes a nice little kit for them that produces 18hp bolt on. Heres a picture of the kit.

http://www.fabriziracing.com/fht_en/class/pictures/listings/128.jpg

dangerous
29th May 2005, 17:42
Bought myself a scooter on Friday
On ya Suz, love the RSV typr tail lights.... when do I get a spin :niceone:

How come the exhaust bents backwards?
I could be wrong but I think the extra length adds to top end.

mm Disk brakes front and back - so I expect you will be doing stoppies and nice wheelies?
yip well it has yet to pass its 'dangerous' certificate of roadworthynes for stopie/wheelie's :ride:

dangerous
29th May 2005, 17:44
Aprilia SR50 is a good scooter fabriziracing makes a nice little kit for them that produces 18hp bolt on. Heres a picture of the kit.

http://www.fabriziracing.com/fht_en/class/pictures/listings/128.jpg
ya link dosent seem ta work mate???

ps: cant believe I've stooped as low as to post in the scooter forum :Punk:

Yarg
29th May 2005, 19:19
Good looking little scoot. have fun :ride:

texmo
29th May 2005, 21:00
Hmmmm cant get link to work go to
http://www.fabriziracing.com
And look up rs50 maxi kit

StoneChucker
29th May 2005, 21:31
SR50 Maxi Bolt On Kit (http://www.fabriziracing.com/fht//class/index.php?method=showdetails&list=advertisement&rollid=128&fromfromlist=classifiedscategory&fromfrommethod=showhtmllist&fromfromid=19) for those who are interested.

Nice scooter. I'd be interested if I lived in town. Riding on the motorway, for 45 minutes is not a good look on a scooter :whistle:

Coyote
30th May 2005, 08:45
The RS50 is the coolest lookin scooter I've seen, followed by the Gilera DNA, and the Gilera Ice. Also, the Italijet Dragster is the ugliest I've seen

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:13
Looks good, mind sharing with us how much you paid?
$4400 + ON ROAD, + TOP BOX - it is the 2002 model but I am the first owner.

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:14
Very practical Suzy, the big bike will be left parked-up a bit more I'd say. :niceone:
If it were me I'd make the rear of the top-box real visible to the rear for added safety as the scoot is pretty well camouflaged as far as visibility goes.
Extra rear reflector/lights or at least flour colour on it.
I have a very bright blue Helmet! Will look out for a cool reflector!

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:16
Hmmmm cant get link to work go to
http://www.fabriziracing.com
And look up rs50 maxi kit
I got the picture up from the original message

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:19
Nice scoot - looks a crap load better than those damn vespa things :lol:

It stops beautifully - Wayne at Eric's told me I wasn't allowed to do any wheelies!!!

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:22
Had this link sent to me by a fellow scooter rider today - you will need to cut and paste to get it to work

http://www.flexistentialist.org/archives/2003/10/28/derestricting_a.shtml

Not too much work to get it going faster. At present only between 50 & 60kms on the clock but not sure how accurate it is. I love it though, seems very zippy and easy to ride. :love:

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:24
Don't worry, you will get your turn - of course Glen, Richard and big Simeon have all ridden it - offerred Kelly a ride when he turned up but he didn't have any gear! :niceone:

On ya Suz, love the RSV typr tail lights.... when do I get a spin :niceone:

yip well it has yet to pass its 'dangerous' certificate of roadworthynes for stopie/wheelie's :ride:

texmo
31st May 2005, 21:07
Get it derestriced by a mechainc and it should go a bit faster

texmo
31st May 2005, 21:08
SR50 Maxi Bolt On Kit (http://www.fabriziracing.com/fht//class/index.php?method=showdetails&list=advertisement&rollid=128&fromfromlist=classifiedscategory&fromfrommethod=showhtmllist&fromfromid=19) for those who are interested.

Nice scooter. I'd be interested if I lived in town. Riding on the motorway, for 45 minutes is not a good look on a scooter :whistle:
Get a runnner 180 and get a decient kit and it will go 140km/hr all day good for commuting on the motorway.

TonyB
1st June 2005, 08:12
Nice scoot Suz! Gotta admit, if petrol prices keep rising there might be one parked in my garage too
You know, I should know this from my breif foray into gokart racing, but I'm pretty sure it adds bottom end. It's all to do with the shock wave as the exhaust gasses expand into the expansion chamber sucking the exhaust gasses out and then being bounced back towards the exhaust port to push a bit of the new air/fuel mixture back in. With a longer pipe it takes longer to happen, so it boosts power at low revs......I think...

dangerous
1st June 2005, 18:09
Nice scoot Suz! Gotta admit, if petrol prices keep rising there might be one parked in my garage too
You know, I should know this from my breif foray into gokart racing, but I'm pretty sure it adds bottom end. It's all to do with the shock wave as the exhaust gasses expand into the expansion chamber sucking the exhaust gasses out and then being bounced back towards the exhaust port to push a bit of the new air/fuel mixture back in. With a longer pipe it takes longer to happen, so it boosts power at low revs......I think...
Yip ya on to something.... but thats in the length of the expansion chamber its self, were we are meaning the length of the pipe between the chamber and the silencer...... buggered if I know only ever had 1 two stroker. :ride:

TonyB
1st June 2005, 19:09
Yip ya on to something.... but thats in the length of the expansion chamber its self, were we are meaning the length of the pipe between the chamber and the silencer...... buggered if I know only ever had 1 two stroker. :ride:
Well when racing karts you use the same expansion chamber but use spacers betwixt the header and the chamber to move the power band...

dangerous
12th June 2005, 09:38
We will need to tweak it a little after running it in so I can get a little more speed - speedo goes to 120kms but no way in hell that it will go that speed.
Yeah well dont know about 120k but I had a indercatered 93kph out of it yesterday (previous best 58k) and that was just after the drive belt restricter washer being removed :niceone: bring on the eprom and pipe Suzi :Punk: