PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo artist in Wellington needed

shrub
10th July 2010, 19:17
My son wants to get his first ink and is based in Trentham, so we're looking for a recommendation in the region.

Quasi
10th July 2010, 19:47
My son wants to get his first ink and is based in Trentham, so we're looking for a recommendation in the region.

Roger in Cuba St -Wellington. Best tat artist on the lower north island

http://www.needled.com/shops/rogerstattooart/96

shrub
10th July 2010, 23:15
Roger in Cuba St -Wellington. Best tat artist on the lower north island

Cheers for that, I'll pass his name on to the lad. I've only ever had one bad tattoo and your first has to be a bloody good one.

Gubb
11th July 2010, 08:16
Manu is pretty damn good. I think he's still based at Cuba Street

Quasi
11th July 2010, 08:51
Manu is pretty damn good. I think he's still based at Cuba Street

Yeah - hes up there with Roger, but he is in Jackson St Petone I think??

Ratti
11th July 2010, 12:52
Manu is at 84(5?) Jackson st. He's upstairs and is calling himself Jackson Street Tattoos.Or something like that. Works with 5 or 6 guys in the same studio. Just had a bunch of work finished by Johnny who works from that studio.
Not a very long time to wait with them, Roger has a huge waiting time.
Dave McKeown (?) at Tattoo Freaky in Waterloo shops is really good too. I got him to do my wedding tat and it gets lots of admiration. He also did my hubbys weird tatt so is open to other styles than his own.
I'd suggest you know exactly what your son wants and find an artist who is enthusiastic about that style. A lot wont work with pix they dont like. If you want to see the work Ive had done, pm me and we can arrange a time so you son can check out quality.

shrub
11th July 2010, 13:03
Looks like the lad has decided to come back to ChCh and get his ink done by Holger at Left Hand Path. Holger did my last two and is a frikking genius. he's also a Street Triple rider and an ex East German air force pilot. It's kind of cool getting tattooed by a guy that used to fly Migs.

Gubb
11th July 2010, 18:19
Looks like the lad has decided to come back to ChCh and get his ink done by Holger at Left Hand Path. Holger did my last two and is a frikking genius. he's also a Street Triple rider and an ex East German air force pilot. It's kind of cool getting tattooed by a guy that used to fly Migs.

Sounds like a right Hooligan.

Good choice.