PDA

View Full Version : Tracks

Expert
14th July 2010, 19:23
Hey off road fans,

I've done a small search on here but can't find any recent info about these riding areas;

Wires track, thames.
Maratotos. I can't find anything about these two, detailed directions, cost etc.

Jam track, but i've heard this is a bit small.

Any other long track style riding places rather than mx tracks anybody know of?

Regards

xen
14th July 2010, 19:59
Think maratotos is wires - it'll be the same riding as was posted before, details in thread from last year but end of Maratoto road, go down to the carpark. $5 honesty box. Great riding go with some peeps, if you get stuck in a bog would be hard to get out yourself. If you do gutbuster loop as well make sure to start early and headlights wouldn't hurt either lol

EXCDirt
14th July 2010, 20:07
Wires track is actually a road... Loose term there.
It's wires road: Wires Rd, Waikato 3674.... Put that into google maps and it will show you where.
For memory it's $5 for entry that is paid into an Honesty box just before the River where you park.
Wires trail is in the Maratoto Valley I think?
The Next valley north is Called Neasville which has some hard riding also.

Take no less than 3 riders and atleast some strops and a good toolkit.

IT IS HARD!!! Crazy hills and bogs plus some river crossings.

We were in there for 7 hours the only time I've been in there.
That was the Wires trail and the Gutbuster...... I was wrecked for a couple of days after that one. (Maybe I'm soft?)

It was pretty bad condition last time we were there. Some big ruts and 4wd trenches.
I think I heard that a 4wd club does do some maintenence on it but it is hard enough just riding it for most. Fixing ruts with a small spade and hard enduro riding is not a good mix.

Latte
14th July 2010, 20:11
Could try thompson's track in Te Aroha

CRF119
14th July 2010, 20:19
I dont thik the 4wd club use alot of the wires tracks us dirt bikers do. Most of it is not passable by 4wd now. Good fun tho but expect damage on bike and your self if doing the gutbuster. Recomend alot of experiance and friends. Take lunch.

cave weta
14th July 2010, 21:22
Ive been riding Neavesville, Maratoto- Wires with clients over the last two weeks.
they are both KILLER WORKOUTS and will break bikes. go in with no less than 3 bikes. take strop or rope and good tools. Cellphone coverage is poor.
better still PM me and I will come with you if Im available. It is nasty up there.

xen
14th July 2010, 21:32
We were in there for 7 hours the only time I've been in there.
That was the Wires trail and the Gutbuster...... I was wrecked for a couple of days after that one. (Maybe I'm soft?)

Its worse now lol, went in there a month ago. Haven't been in neavs for awhile and its getting to be the season for it, think the gasgas has been asking for abit of abuse by now eh??

EXCDirt
14th July 2010, 22:16
Yeah, Gasgas is ready for some bashing.
Just have to fit that Hyde pipe guard onto it.
2 X grab straps.
Maybe a small winch? :yes:

I hear you've joined the 2wd crew?... Stuck no more.... than usual, well, less than me.
How am I gonna keep up with you guys now?
I will be keen for some more of that once my toe is better. ( I broke it )

Unless you're keen for some night riding??? Mud and dark, what could be better?

xen
14th July 2010, 23:34
Yeah man, couldn't take the KTM haters abuse anymore so had to switch! Haha it goes fkn good but yea still need to fit some grab straps too.
Yea that sounds mean!

CRF119
17th July 2010, 09:45
I made mine from seat belts the night before the wires so handy when ur bike is boged half way up the engine haha. Wish i could buy one of those 2wd bikes just to do those silly rides. The 450 dosent like the wires.