PDA

View Full Version : Auckland to the MMMM, friday 30th

Crisis management
16th July 2010, 17:58
As usual, weather permitting, I'm heading down the west coast on friday aiming for Rangitaikei or wherever we are supposed to be around sunset time.
Last year was wet and bloody cold so I reserve the right to wimp out at the last minute and do a late run down SH1 but.... in case it's a warm sunny day, who's interested in travelling at nana pace via the scenic west coast?

The incredibly detailed plan is as follows:

Leave Papakura Autobahn / motorway servo at 8.00 am in the general direction of the west coast.
Raglan to Kawhia trying not to get lost.
Time dependant....straight to Pio Pio or to Awakino (I want to go via Awakino)
Then in the direction of Benneydale and thru the Pureora forest, actually stopping at the geographic centre of the North Island (if I can find it).
To Taupo then the Napier Taupo road to the pub.

I'm definately getting to the pub before dark, it was miserable trying to ride thru snow and sleet last year so make sure you can maintain a suitable pace (not stopping for a piss every 30 minutes).

Any takers and or suggestions?:scooter:

Taz
16th July 2010, 18:00
If you see us with the bikes on the back of Cary's ute make sure you wave ok :lol:

junkmanjoe
16th July 2010, 19:41
If you see us with the bikes on the back of Cary's ute make sure you wave ok :lol:

what a wimp... :shit:.. we have to ride up, through and over the highest coldest section of the island....but then again we are a tough bunch down here...

hell even im going for a ride to welly in the rain tomorrow just to see if my new luggage leaks..

Telly Ho..

JMJ

Taz
16th July 2010, 19:47
what a wimp... :shit:.. we have to ride up, through and over the highest coldest section of the island....but then again we are a tough bunch down here...

hell even im going for a ride to welly in the rain tomorrow just to see if my new luggage leaks..

Telly Ho..

JMJ

You don't "have to" just hire a trailer.

Crisis management
16th July 2010, 20:12
I am overcome with the awesomness of this challenge, I must rush out and buy a bigger insulated camelback so I can get 3 litres of cappuchino in.....

dino3310
16th July 2010, 22:31
I must rush out and buy a bigger insulated camelback so I can get 3 litres of cappuchino in.....

but you said (not stopping for a piss every 30 minutes).

junkmanjoe
17th July 2010, 00:02
dino he might have one of them old man bags strapped to his leg....wont need to stop for hours..

well i would like to see the country you intend to ride, sadly im at the other end of out piece of dirt..
so enjoy your ride to taupo and we may see you there friday arvo.. as we will be there in numbers...:shifty: