PDA

View Full Version : Pre89 Senior, YSS Suspension FZR1000, VicR3

codgyoleracer
19th July 2010, 14:12
Turned up to give the old girl another thrash around the track.

All went pretty well and we made a geometry change to the bike first thing on Saturday which worked a treat. The bike now feels better than ever and considering the tracks condition - it was hooking up the rear very well and tyre wear was minimal without a hint of cold shear.

Race 1, 2 & 3 resulted in three wins , with the 2nd race being started by me from pitlane after popping back into the pits to fit that little red box thingy that keeps the timers happy....... Ooops.

A speedy rebuild of the front brakes before the 2nd race also being the only real other hiccup during the day.

Roll on round 4

Glen

neil_cb125t
19th July 2010, 17:39
Always on the pace mate - well done

Deano
19th July 2010, 18:20
We were watching Race 1 and wondering how long you were content to follow Steve around for. The bike looks awesome out there in its white and red livery....bit of nostalgia.

roogazza
19th July 2010, 19:13
Turned up to give the old girl another thrash around the track.

All went pretty well and we made a geometry change to the bike first thing on Saturday which worked a treat. The bike now feels better than ever and considering the tracks condition - it was hooking up the rear very well and tyre wear was minimal without a hint of cold shear.

Race 1, 2 & 3 resulted in three wins , with the 2nd race being started by me from pitlane after popping back into the pits to fit that little red box thingy that keeps the timers happy....... Ooops.

A speedy rebuild of the front brakes before the 2nd race also being the only real other hiccup during the day.

Roll on round 4

Glen

and I bet the ticker doesn't even go over rest rate ? :scooter:

White trash
20th July 2010, 08:31
Congrats on three top finishes again Glen, you're starting to make this shit look a bit easy though to be honest. Especially with the massive difference in laptimes.

Hopefully, someone will step up to challenge soon otherwise she's gonna get a bit boring.

codgyoleracer
20th July 2010, 08:54
Congrats on three top finishes again Glen, you're starting to make this shit look a bit easy though to be honest. Especially with the massive difference in laptimes.

Hopefully, someone will step up to challenge soon otherwise she's gonna get a bit boring.

If you bump into Dave Cole up your way , tell him to get his arse into gear and bring his 888 down......

roadracingoldfart
20th July 2010, 21:03
If you bump into Dave Cole up your way , tell him to get his arse into gear and bring his 888 down......

Do you mean a 888 Corsa ??? yummy
I saw R.Roache on his at Manfeild in the 80s and it was amazing to see him spank the inlines on the goat track we call home.

Matt Bleck
20th July 2010, 22:49
Hi Glen, I see you had entered F1 but didn't race? Did Choppa pay you off?

codgyoleracer
21st July 2010, 08:31
Hi Glen, I see you had entered F1 but didn't race? Did Choppa pay you off?

I scored a ride on that Beemer for a test write-up on the Friday - after that i was pretty convinced that Sloans better than average riding skills combined with the few extra ponies that the bike had - it was a lost cause......... :-)

Nah, In reality - I entered just for the extra practice track time if needed, as we are still dialling the FZR in.

wharfy
21st July 2010, 09:04
Great results Glen, you might have to "invent" some drama to make the reports longer !

F5 Dave
22nd July 2010, 11:33
Do you mean a 888 Corsa ??? yummy
I saw R.Roache on his at Manfeild in the 80s and it was amazing to see him spank the inlines on the goat track we call home.
Yeah I saw that too, I was holding some flags, turned out to need the oil flag as it spat it's guts not far from us in a big plume. He just carried on leaving a trail of oil on the track.
Retired with electrical failure was the normal excuse used back then.:innocent:

merv
22nd July 2010, 13:19
Yeah I saw that too, I was holding some flags, turned out to need the oil flag as it spat it's guts not far from us in a big plume. He just carried on leaving a trail of oil on the track.
Retired with electrical failure was the normal excuse used back then.:innocent:

If I vaguely remember Roche's team claimed the oil filter had come off - more than likely it was actually a blown crankcase by whatever means lol. Now if he'd had YSS suspension too, it might have all held together.

Go the mighty Yamaha Codgy.

F5 Dave
22nd July 2010, 15:04
Yeah . . . "oil filter came off ,after being punched out of the casing by the rod":mellow: Or the more usual back of the cases falling apart.

roadracingoldfart
22nd July 2010, 22:11
He was miles ahead with a very stressed engine as he didnt have to finish the race due to a big points lead and couldnt be overtaken. He came out of the hairpin and pulled a big wheelie and half way along the straight it just shat itself, it looked like a steam train from the stands lol.
I had made the mistake the day before after i saw his leathers hanging in ther shed and loudly commenting , " Hell someone has got a set of leathers like Roaches for thier kid " . I was asked in Italian to move along lol.

Paul.

Clivoris
23rd July 2010, 21:32
Not bad old fulla.

Peter Smith
23rd July 2010, 21:33

I have been told that Sir Dave Cole will be attending the NZPCRA Grand Prix meeting at Taupo in October to defend his GP title.
Do ya fancy another trophy Glen. :shifty::shifty:

codgyoleracer
26th July 2010, 14:00
I have been told that Sir Dave Cole will be attending the NZPCRA Grand Prix meeting at Taupo in October to defend his GP title.
Do ya fancy another trophy Glen. :shifty::shifty:

I would have to be a member of the big boys with their old toys club first.

Peter Smith
26th July 2010, 15:14
I would have to be a member of the big boys with their old toys club first.

This is a national GP title, so you dont need to be a member of the NZPCRA.

If you want to get points towards the NZPCRA club champs you need to be a member.
This is because we race with a variety of clubs at various meetings around the country, and to keep the score of everybody from each event was very difficult and time consuming.

codgyoleracer
26th July 2010, 15:33
If you want to get points towards the NZPCRA club champs you need to be a member.
This is because we race with a variety of clubs at various meetings around the country, and to keep the score of everybody from each event was very difficult and time consuming.[/QUOTE]

OK Pete , will see how the dates look.

Peter Smith
26th July 2010, 21:32
OK Pete , will see how the dates look.[/QUOTE]

Or you could stay at home and give me a better chance. :innocent::innocent:
It would go well with last years TT cup.