PDA

View Full Version : So, I tried a little experiment at work today...

Phreak
21st July 2010, 01:38
Yup, another boring day at work, La De Da...

The Red Bull girls visited us though! Brought us boxes and boxes of Red Bull Energy Shots... so I thought, How many can I take before I'm sick? Says on the bottom "Usage: 2 bottles max daily"... Haha yeah right...

Figure I need a wake up call anyways. 12 bottles later, I actually almost fell asleep! No, really! However, it is now half past one in the morning, and I'm still wide awake... D'OH!

Check this out though, I was on the TV last week:

http://tvnz.co.nz/rapid-response/s3-e4-video-3639302

Yup, I'm Mr Lifeguard (Scott)

"My first reaction was that he was drowning" (I never knew I sounded like that!)

Gremlin
21st July 2010, 01:44
Hope you got a good heart, those things (especially in that quantity) can have serious health consequences, as in, hospitalisation, death etc

2wheeldrifter
21st July 2010, 01:48
Hope you got a good heart, those things (especially in that quantity) can have serious health consequences, as in, hospitalisation, death etc

and you know how everyone gets alittle uptight when they read a death notice around here! lol

Phreak
21st July 2010, 02:00
Lol all good. Figure it hasn't killed me yet so I'll be fine.

What's the saying in the movie "S.W.A.T."...?

Gus: [discussing his wife's disapproval of the soft drink Dr. Pepper] You know the deal, Jim. When we got married, I converted to Mormonism. We can't consume anything that alters our state of mind. We treat out bodies with respect.
Street: And I treat mine like an amusement park. That's the differences that make this country great!

Hehe...

LBD
21st July 2010, 02:15
and you know how everyone gets alittle uptight when they read a death notice around here! lol

we don't get uptight about all.....death notices:shutup:

vifferman
21st July 2010, 09:00
"Viscous (sic) Dog Attack"?:blink:
How do they make dogs viscous?

bogan
21st July 2010, 09:03

lots and lots of 10W40 perhaps? :confused:

simpy1
21st July 2010, 09:56
I had 11 V and vodkas one night (1 can of V + one shot of vodka). Won't ever do that again. Started drinking at 7pm, got to sleep at 8.30am!

Mully
21st July 2010, 10:47

Shhhhh. Darwin demands you shut up.

neels
21st July 2010, 10:59
I had 11 V and vodkas one night (1 can of V + one shot of vodka). Won't ever do that again. Started drinking at 7pm, got to sleep at 8.30am!
Our neighbor did the same thing on red bull and vodka a while ago, she still had the shakes when we saw her the next morning :blink:

Spuds1234
21st July 2010, 11:33
Been there and done the get way to high on caffeine thing.

Had trouble going to sleep that night around 3am and woke up at 8 or 9 feeling really crap and had the mad shakes until about 1pm the next day.

That was not a fun time.

Ronin
21st July 2010, 11:56

Use a blender...

SMOKEU
21st July 2010, 12:37
I used to take those no doz pills. They made me really tired, and didn't give me any energy.

Blackshear
21st July 2010, 18:19
I used to take those no doz pills. They made me really tired, and didn't give me any energy.

When you drink a V, red bull, mother etc, the kick you get for the first 30 - 120 minutes is actually the sugar. The Caffeine takes a tiny bit longer to process, but takes far longer to metabolise.

For those of you who may be consuming this much caffeine a day, allow me to give you a real awakener.

While I assume none of you are drinking 2-3 big cans of V a day, just be aware that caffeine is not some anti-tired powder.

When used in conjunction with sports/training, especially shit like paced running and cycling, it's almost cheat in a can. Bloody good stuff.

Having said that, I once drank 7 bottles of V at work (heavy lifting/pushing etc). While I did get my work done quick fucking smart, I didn't sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time over the next 3 days.