PDA

View Full Version : Help please - car stolen (Auckland)

BevanPT
22nd July 2010, 10:17
Hi all,

Can you all keep an eye out for a blue 1977 Ford Falcon, Reg IM5569. Old school 12 slot mags, lpg sticker on front and rear bumpers. Blue dice on rear view mirror.

Stolen yesterday (21/7/10) from Parnell.

Is fully insured but doesnt really cover the time and effort to restore it. Would rather have the car than the money as it was still a work in progress.

Even more gutting is that if my bike wasn't in the shop the car would've still been tucked up at home.

XxKiTtiExX
22nd July 2010, 11:11
Gutted.. Hope the car turns up!

Hit some car shows, I'm sure who ever stole it would be dumb enough to turn up with it.

BevanPT
23rd July 2010, 13:57
As you were everyone.

Police recovered the blue beast this morning.

Yet to check condition but apparantly only door lock and ignition barrel stuffed.

dogsnbikes
23rd July 2010, 13:59
As you were everyone.

Police recovered the blue beast this morning.

Yet to check condition but apparantly only door lock and ignition barrel stuffed.

Joy ridrs huh ?

Awesome you got the car back though,like you say nothing can replace the time spent

imdying
23rd July 2010, 15:00
Have some free rep :yes:

ynot slow
23rd July 2010, 19:24
Only a 6 cylinder(said in sarcasm as idiots probably wanted a 4cyl turbo lol),maybe not having power steering stuffed the thief/s,bloody nice vehicle.Suss out www.nzfordforum.com a great site for kiwi fords.

Rhys
23rd July 2010, 20:26
bring back public floggings

BevanPT
26th July 2010, 09:29
Only a 6 cylinder(said in sarcasm as idiots probably wanted a 4cyl turbo lol),maybe not having power steering stuffed the thief/s,bloody nice vehicle.Suss out www.nzfordforum.com a great site for kiwi fords.

Thanks people.

I think the fact that the petrol guage doesn't work and key is required to unlock petrol cap may've worked in my favour.

I hope the dumb bastards weren't wearing gloves and left fingerprints everywhere.