PDA

View Full Version : Boardgame

nudemetalz
26th July 2010, 20:59
Any of ya's here play boardgames as a social night?
and I'm not talking about norty ones either......

Wifey & I had a drinkies night with a couple of friends playing one called Outburst. Shit load of fun.

What's a good one that peoples can recommend?
Thinking of buying some.

rachprice
26th July 2010, 21:21
Pictionary
Scrabble - can add extra points for filthy words!
Balderdash - the art of talking shit (sure there would be a few people round here who would be good at it haha)

rustic101
26th July 2010, 21:44
but 'Pass the Pigs' is a great game.

Don't drink now but in my wilder days got severely fucked up to this game on a number of occasions. Can be a very competitive game in a group.

Cayman911
26th July 2010, 21:53
damn i havnt played board games in a good 10-12 years. now i feel like it... thanks for that! haha i have none and no one to play with

crystalball
26th July 2010, 21:58
mayby someone should start a board game night lmao. board game riding group.:Punk:

SMOKEU
26th July 2010, 22:03
Hide the sausage.

Grasshopperus
26th July 2010, 22:38
Apparently something called 'Dominion' is pretty popular

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

I guess it's pretty hardcore though. It's not like Dungeons and Dragons but still requires a bit more thought than Monopoly

ttmadness
26th July 2010, 22:53
Any of ya's here play boardgames as a social night?
and I'm not talking about norty ones either......

Wifey & I had a drinkies night with a couple of friends playing one called Outburst. Shit load of fun.

What's a good one that peoples can recommend?
Thinking of buying some.

Hey mate,

you should get Cranium. Good shit.

Will have to give Outburst a try, cheers!

Gubb
26th July 2010, 23:02
Liar Dice FTW!

rainman
26th July 2010, 23:09
30 Seconds

Milts
26th July 2010, 23:47
If you have the time and money, axis and allies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_%26_Allies) is mad expensive and complicated but apparently excellent. Think risk but infinitely more complicated, different unit types, resources, etc.

For something a bit simpler but also good fun try settlers of catan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Settlers_of_Catan). This one is really good simpl(ish) fun which you can play with kids or adults.

pzkpfw
27th July 2010, 08:05
There's a million games, but some I've played recently:
"Memoir 44" (simplified wargame (WWII). Bought it for my boy and we play a fair bit, though this weekend we played the old Jedko "Field marshall".).
"Carcassone" (place tiles (grass, bits of castle, roads, rivers) and people to define your territory and build up a score).
"Apple to Apples" (everybody picks a card from their hand to try describe the word on the card the dealer dealt).
"Articulate" (get your partner to say the word on your card, without saying that word).

(Those last two better for drinking nights, as no actual "board" to get knocked around.)

Go into the "Wargames supply shop" in the bottom of the BNZ centre, opposite Kirbys candy, near JB HiFi. They've got shelves full of games; and their staff may be able to help.