PDA

View Full Version : Slofox and Lilfox Burn The Floor

slofox
27th July 2010, 21:45
We spent the weekend in Christchurch competing in the National Ballroom championships...

Wandered down Manchester Street on Thursday afternoon to get to the supermarket and passed some interesting bike shops :love:...course, I wasn't allowed to ogle too much - unlike herself who indulged in constant brownian motion in women's clothing stores...but that's another story. A very boring story...

I was interested in the tiny little shop that had Italian bikes sitting round...can anyone enlighten me as to the exact nature of that shop? Like I said, I didn't really get a chance to poke around in there. I wasn't sure if the bikes were the reason for the business or just props for selling Italian stuff...

Oh, in case anyone is interested, and we did quite well in the comp...about No. 5 or 6 in New Zealand on the weekend's results...hehehe

scissorhands
28th July 2010, 05:07
Bikers know how to move!

I've been tempted to learn how to dance, male dancers are in hot demand...

Well done!!

crazyhorse
28th July 2010, 07:39
Congratulations - its good to hear about some of KB's extra activities. And 5th or 6th in NZ! Good for you guys :niceone:

Maha
28th July 2010, 07:45
I supose the Fox Trot was a sinch for you guys then?

slofox
28th July 2010, 07:56
I supose the Fox Trot was a sinch for you guys then?

That's where the nick, slofox, comes from - the English or Slow Foxtrot, commonly shortened to slofox...my personal favourite in fact...

slofox
28th July 2010, 07:59
Bikers know how to move!

I've been tempted to learn how to dance, male dancers are in hot demand...

Well done!!

Thanks, sh...the demand is definitely there...hurhurhur...:shifty:

spajohn
28th July 2010, 09:53
That's where the nick, slofox, comes from - the English or Slow Foxtrot, commonly shortened to slofox...my personal favourite in fact...

Well done, and the Slow Fox sounds great. My fiancee and I have been talking about dancing lessons before the wedding...if anyone knows of any good places to learn around Wellington that would be a great help...

Number One
28th July 2010, 09:58
Pics or it didn't happen! The dancing I mean not the bikestore ;)

Well done to you both :sunny:

slofox
28th July 2010, 10:44
Well done, and the Slow Fox sounds great. My fiancee and I have been talking about dancing lessons before the wedding...if anyone knows of any good places to learn around Wellington that would be a great help...

Thank you spajohn...

For lessons, you could talk to George at The Studio - he's numero uno in Wellington as far as I can tell...

imdying
28th July 2010, 11:46
Wasn't you taking a lesson from that Argentinian bloke last night at 8 was it?

slofox
28th July 2010, 12:17
Wasn't you taking a lesson from that Argentinian bloke last night at 8 was it?

Nah...but I did get to dance with Katusha Demidova on Friday (Current world champion...) THAT was special...specially when I hit the accelerator - couldn't resist...dancing with her was like riding the gixxer thou...if you know what I mean...:shifty:

imdying
28th July 2010, 12:25
Oh yeah, know exactly what you mean :D

slofox
29th July 2010, 07:30
Pics or it didn't happen! The dancing I mean not the bikestore ;)

Well done to you both :sunny:

There are some pics somewhere - if I can get hold of anything I'll post up here...

PrincessBandit
29th July 2010, 07:36
Phwoar!!!! that is soooooo cool. As an ex dancer (not ball room though) I can thoroughly support the fact that good male dancers are...well, shall we say, yes, in hot demand.

RipperRoo92 is currently taking lessons with his gf and I watched them dance the other week - I was very impressed. It's sad that there seem to be so few younger ones coming through learning this type of dancing. I'm working on Balu to come along when lessons start up again later in the year (he's dubious, but prepared to give it a go).

Well done The Foxes! Look forward to the pics.

2wheeldrifter
29th July 2010, 07:40
Phwoar!!!! that is soooooo cool. As an ex dancer (not ball room though) .

Not pole was it? :)

Well done, shame no news on the Italian shop.... start another thread lol

PrincessBandit
29th July 2010, 17:21
Not pole was it? :)

..................... lol

Hahahahaha, you think you jest.... I seriously was going to start pole dancing lessons before I had my accident. To build upper body strength and tone muscles, of course!! Sadly, broken collar bone put paid to that at the time. :(

I used to do tap. So I used to be a tapper (note, only one consonant at the start, and it's a "t")

Dancing would be my ideal form of exercise but it's a bit lonely and not so much fun on your own.

Little Miss Trouble
29th July 2010, 19:59
Hehe pole dancing looks like great fun, I'll be taking it up in November when classes at the local studio start again :D

slofox
30th July 2010, 12:19
Hehe pole dancing looks like great fun, I'll be taking it up in November when classes at the local studio start again :D

How about you come show me after a coupla classes, huh? huh? huh?

skinman
30th July 2010, 21:52
well some ballroomers & an ex tapper. I was very surprised but probably shouldn't be.
I rock n roll mainly now (never guess from the car) but do still go to ballroom sometimes.

Little Miss Trouble
31st July 2010, 12:59
How about you come show me after a coupla classes, huh? huh? huh?

It'll take more than 'a couple' of classes to get to where I want to be with it, in the mean time you can watch one of my old workmates, who just so happens to be one of the best in New Zealand <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqA2k75jbfA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqA2k75jbfA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edbear
31st July 2010, 13:07
Hahahahaha, you think you jest.... I seriously was going to start pole dancing lessons before I had my accident. To build upper body strength and tone muscles, of course!! Sadly, broken collar bone put paid to that at the time. :(

I used to do tap. So I used to be a tapper (note, only one consonant at the start, and it's a "t")

Dancing would be my ideal form of exercise but it's a bit lonely and not so much fun on your own.

I've done a bit of tap myself, and love it! Wasn't good enough for ballroom, although I can waltze okay. Maybe if I get stuck into rehab when the surgeon gives me the okay, I can get somewhere near that level of fitness again...

Can't see me pole dancing though... :shit:

Fatt Max
1st August 2010, 11:03
We spent the weekend in Christchurch competing in the National Ballroom championships...

Wandered down Manchester Street on Thursday afternoon to get to the supermarket and passed some interesting bike shops :love:...course, I wasn't allowed to ogle too much - unlike herself who indulged in constant brownian motion in women's clothing stores...but that's another story. A very boring story...

I was interested in the tiny little shop that had Italian bikes sitting round...can anyone enlighten me as to the exact nature of that shop? Like I said, I didn't really get a chance to poke around in there. I wasn't sure if the bikes were the reason for the business or just props for selling Italian stuff...

Oh, in case anyone is interested, and we did quite well in the comp...about No. 5 or 6 in New Zealand on the weekend's results...hehehe

Good feckin' effort mate, well done you smoochy twinkly toed hairy arsed biker you

Respect.......:Punk:

slofox
3rd August 2010, 11:31
As promised, here are a couple of pics from the competition - just to prove we were there...

Paul in NZ
3rd August 2010, 12:43
Good onya guys - looking very flash....