28th July 2010, 13:50
And this is news worthy because????

Big Dave
28th July 2010, 13:55
I say so. >Insert maniacal laugh here.<

admenk
28th July 2010, 15:21
And this is news worthy because????

...because it's in the "New Bike Model News" section?

Crasherfromwayback
28th July 2010, 15:31
It's all on HD's own site now.

Madness
28th July 2010, 15:45
That's good, coz BD's linky don't worky.

Big Dave
28th July 2010, 15:53
Re copy pasted it. Working now?

Rogue Rider
28th July 2010, 15:54
The link not work, wonder if they are the same range as the consecutive 12 years.... Real riders ride Triumph.:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scoot er:

Crasherfromwayback
28th July 2010, 15:56
Re copy pasted it. Working now?

That's better BD

Big Dave
28th July 2010, 16:18
The Blogger moves in mysterious ways.

jim.cox
28th July 2010, 16:24
Real riders ride Triumph.

True

But at the announced pricing there will be more than a few new Tractor drivers on the road I fear

They must be making them in Vietnam or Korea

Big Dave
28th July 2010, 17:04
Real riders.

Real riders don't use that cliche. :-)

Stylo
28th July 2010, 21:03
Real riders don't use that cliche. :-)

Just checked the new Harley range .......have they still got the cable clutch ?

Be nice to hear where the technology is with the money HD have, the pics still look they did 5 years ago ...remember, you can't polish a turd . So many CC's ...so little horsepower.

Any handling improvements ? First rung of the ladder, I guess , is always a good place to start ..

AllanB
28th July 2010, 21:48
Clutch cable - WTF is wrong with a clutch cable - some of the sweetest clutches I've used had a cable and some of the heaviest were hydraulic. IMO it is bloody pointless replacing a cable with hydraulics if the clutch is sweet.

Darn good pricing on those Hogs - the 48 is a good looker, but with F-all rear suspension it will be a back pounder, and a few extra inches (American speak) in tank width would IMO look better and obviously allow you to rider longer if your back lets you.

I'd park a 48 in my lotto bike garage.

I presume that the sales blurbs for Aussie and NZ are all written by some swanky American PR company - they crack me up - what a load of star-spangled waffle, the Kiwi translation is:

Buy one of our new bikes - shit they look cool.

Big Dave
28th July 2010, 21:55

Be nice to hear where the technology is with the money HD have, the pics still look they did 5 years ago ...remember, you can't polish a turd . So many CC's ...so little horsepower.

Any handling improvements ? First rung of the ladder, I guess , is always a good place to start ..

Clutch depends on the model.

Harley had to be bailed out big time in the GFC - they got a 'Chrysler' like bailout to keep going.

Bike wise - The Road King pictured is one of my all time favourite bikes.

Handling is as good as any in the class, brembo brakes, excellent EFI, close to industry leading reliability, superb character engine and looks a million bucks. Big relaxed and comfortable.

The current touring chassis was introduced in 2008. It's a tidy handler when set up correctly. (For a full dresser)

They don't make big HP per cube, true, but they go just fine and the engines are enjoyable to operate and cheap to service - parts are reasonably readily available - same with bolt on horsepower.

Excellent dealer experiences are common and they make bandannas for your dog.

I understand some people have 'social' issues. Some of my best pals ride 'em.

Personally I'd really dig one, The Superglide pushes all my buttons too, but there are a few gaps in my range that would need filling first, before I went for another show bike.

Crazy Steve
28th July 2010, 22:39
Try again

http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/2010/07/harley-announces-2011-range.html

They all look like Suzuki's....

YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Steve.

Grubber
29th July 2010, 11:16
...because it's in the "New Bike Model News" section?

Like i said "news WORTHY"!!

Crasherfromwayback
29th July 2010, 11:37

. So many CC's ...so little horsepower.

Give me a cable clutch any day of the week. And they're not about HP...never have been.

You've also got to remember that they handle fantastically IF ridden as intended. It's when you start trying to ride them in a way that wasn't intended you run into problems.

Mind you...when out riding our shop demo XR1200X I've never been over taken.

Big Dave
29th July 2010, 12:24
Like i said "news WORTHY"!!

Well, there are several angles you can read into it.

One is that times are pretty tough still and recovery from the GFC is painfully slow. H-D aren't the only ones without 'breakthrough' new model releases.

The other is they have tarted up the sporty again and lots of people like it.

Another is 'syncopated cadence' in the copy. That's world class hyperbole right there.

Grasshopperus
29th July 2010, 13:09
Mind you...when out riding our shop demo XR1200X I've never been over taken.

That's because no-one can get around your wide-load Harley.

Yeah, you set yourself up for that one. :innocent:

Crasherfromwayback
29th July 2010, 13:16
That's because no-one can get around your wide-load Harley.

Yeah, you set yourself up for that one. :innocent:

And also because I'm wobbling all over the road!

imdying
30th July 2010, 11:55
Goodness... the relevance of the method of actuation pales into insignificance against what it's actuating in the first place... that's where the real gains are to be had.

I wouldn't have thought that real riders gave a fuck about what is considered a 'real' bike :rolleyes: (and if they did it sure as fuck wouldn't be some piece of shit made by the same country that gave us Lucas Prince of Darkness)

carver
31st July 2010, 18:15
The link not work, wonder if they are the same range as the consecutive 12 years.... Real riders ride Triumph.:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scoot er:

haha, yeah right, those english pieces of shit?

Lets face it, the old stuff was shit, the new stuff uses oil and blows up, not to mention the way it ages badly...

real riders ride....

Big Dave
1st August 2010, 16:04
real riders ride....

The only reason you ride a trials bike is because your arse is too sore to sit down.

R6_kid
1st August 2010, 20:27
That Forty-Eight could be fun for getting around Adelaide on... :shifty:

carver
1st August 2010, 20:36
The only reason you ride a trials bike is because your arse is too sore to sit down.

well, that is half of it, it tightens up the anal passage with all the leg movements too....

you used to do it too eh?

Big Dave
1st August 2010, 22:53
Few more press releases and pics

http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-superlow-lowdown.html

http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/2010/08/harley-davidson-forty-eight-details.html

Mudfart
21st August 2010, 06:35
That Forty-Eight could be fun for getting around Adelaide on... :shifty:

yeah i hear the peanut 48 should be in the shops on 1st september, both oz and NZ.
filling up every 2 trips to work sounds a bit sucky though, and you'd have to plan a decent ride around direct linear travel from pump to pump.
well i guess a lot of bikes sacrifice some form of comfort for style.