PDA

View Full Version : KTM PDS lower shock bearing kit - urgently wanted

Devil
2nd August 2010, 09:02
Guys, checked out the lower bearing on the 200 EXC I just bought and it's munted. Massive amount of play.
Really want to do a trail ride this coming weekend, does anyone have a bearing kit that I can buy off them before I start looking at the KTM dealers?

If I wasn't in a hurry i'd just get it off the net, decent prices for the Moose racing stuff.

Devil
2nd August 2010, 09:16
Or a Synergy F bushing thingy!

scott411
2nd August 2010, 09:28
Guys, checked out the lower bearing on the 200 EXC I just bought and it's munted. Massive amount of play.
Really want to do a trail ride this coming weekend, does anyone have a bearing kit that I can buy off them before I start looking at the KTM dealers?

If I wasn't in a hurry i'd just get it off the net, decent prices for the Moose racing stuff.

i can do the Moose one if you want, $68 on your doorstep, that is for top and bottom bearings,

Devil
2nd August 2010, 09:29
Sold. PM on it's way.

Reckless
2nd August 2010, 17:02
That's a good deal I just paid same sort of money for just the lower bearing? Bugger!! I didn't know you could get that sorta stuff Scott?

scott411
2nd August 2010, 18:13
That's a good deal I just paid same sort of money for just the lower bearing? Bugger!! I didn't know you could get that sorta stuff Scott?

i can get anything ;) , fire me an email if you ever want a price on something, scott@mrmotorcycles.co.nz

Devil
3rd August 2010, 09:17
Finally got the old one punched out of the swingarm last night. Geez what a mission.
It was munted, wearing through the outer sleeve.
Looking forward to getting my hands on the new one!

Next time I'll probably go to the Synergy F bushing just because of the reports of it being easier to install and not rusting etc.

Reckless
3rd August 2010, 11:19
Finally got the old one punched out of the swingarm last night. Geez what a mission.

Punching is hard work devil!
For next time use a big G cramp and a socket that fits against the bearing, and a larger on on the other side and press it out.

I had to install the new seals this way as well, the metal was so thin on them you couldn't tap them in without damaging them, had to press them in.

Yeh cheers Scott will do!!

Crisis management
3rd August 2010, 11:22

I looked at doing my lower bearing myself but being a natural coward paid $89 for a new bearing fitted.......

Devil
3rd August 2010, 11:49
I looked at doing my lower bearing myself but being a natural coward paid $89 for a new bearing fitted.......
Heh, i'm off to the Suzuki trail blazer this weekend and didn't have the luxury of time to drop the bike off anywhere.

Re: G clamp vs punching, I agree, would have been easier. I had the right size socket to push through, but not the larger one for the other side.

Hopefully they're not too hard to fit!