PDA

View Full Version : Levi Sherwood takes Silver at X Games 16

wingman7nz
2nd August 2010, 10:56
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/3975276/Kiwi-Levi-Sherwood-grabs-X-Games-silver

Crasherfromwayback
2nd August 2010, 11:11
Saw it on the news last night. Man...that guy is fantastic...and a sicko!

Deano
2nd August 2010, 13:34
He looked pretty gutted when Travis took the win. I wonder if he genuinely thought he had bettered his previous run of 40 points, cause after a long pause while the judges deliberated, he only got 39....and needed 40 to equal Travis.

In any case - outstanding effort.

Oh, and Travis did the double back flip on his last run so might have clinched it anyway.

RJM
2nd August 2010, 17:50
So so close to beating Travis which would have been a pretty big upset! Great seeing him ride, I think Travis only really beat him because he pulled out the double back flip.

Great coverage on ESPN over the weekend.

Danc85
2nd August 2010, 18:11
I think Levi must be the first NZer 2 evn qualify for Xgames + he won a medal!!!

noobi
2nd August 2010, 18:42
When Travis had won the gold he hadnt pulled the double backflip, Levi wasnt awarded enough points to force Travis to go all out in the last run, which a few people have raised eyebrows about. In saying that, had Levi forced a tie, Travis could have gone for a proper run and thrown the double back anyway.
Motox best trick was awesome as well, Cam Sinclaire winning with a double back flip after knocking himself into a 7 day coma at X fighters Madrid, doing the same trick, was an epic comeback for him, but IMO Robbie Maddison had a better trick with his volt(body 360) side saddle landing.

Heres videos of the medal winning runs in best trick
http://www.vurbmoto.com/theatre/862/x-games-16-best-trick/

honda_power
2nd August 2010, 18:58
crazy crazy crazy.

travis deserved the win though, he used the course better, flipping berms erc

Usarka
21st August 2010, 10:20
I'm hoping they're showing the london round on tv1 on sunday, i hear levi had a pretty good run......