PDA

View Full Version : Naki Boys Adventure: We need to know if you are a starter!

young1
2nd August 2010, 21:01
If you don't know what this ride is about I suggest you have a look at the thread further down titled "nba" which will tell you what we have planned.

Phil, Colin and I are not quite ready to post this ride on the calendar. But we have been doing some work on likely costs and now need an indication of who is in or out. This is NOT a commitment from you to do the ride, it will let us know possible numbers so we can sort out accomodation and the jet boats,

Friday 24 September overnight in Inglewood
Forrestal lodge (where we stayed last year on the TTTTT) approx $50.00 per head

Saturday we will guide you over some fantastic roads to get to Wanganui (that will include going to the Bridge to Somewhere)

Saturday 25 September overnight in Wanganui
For now we are thinking of the Top 10 Holiday Park (this is where the prices depend on numbers and whether you want a motel unit or a 6 berth cabin so lets say approx $30 to $60 per night.

Sunday 26 September
Jetboat from Pipiriki to Bridge to Nowhere (and that is a return trip - even for you BMW owners...) $110.00 per head (that includes a discount that Phil has managed to negotiate). The return trip is 4 hours and we plan to be back at Pipiriki by 2.00pm leaving plenty of time to ride home in daylight (daylight saving will have started by then I think).

So rough costs for accomodation and the boat works out at around $200.00.

Are you keen, please reply to this thread if you are.

Yes you could do just the ride and not the jet boat or you could meet us early in Wanganui and just do the jet boat bit.

Phreaky Phil
2nd August 2010, 21:08
Some 1 has to be first and as i'm on the crew i'll book for 2:done:

tri boy
3rd August 2010, 06:59
Pencil me n kanny in.
Just one thing, if the jey boat leaves Pipiriki for a 4hr trip, and will be back by 2pm at Pip, then what travel time is allocated to get from Top10 to Pip. Plus, I think the cost of Jet boating may be a bit of a struggle for some.
I think I might pass on the boat as it will add too much for two of us. (Jetted the river before, it's fun)
Just make sure Pt Taranaki Port is available:yes:

clint640
3rd August 2010, 08:23
In with a grin. :yes:

Motorbikin' Jetboatin' & Port of Taranaki! WooHoo!

Cheers
Clint

Rosie
3rd August 2010, 08:31
I'm keen :sunny:

.chris
3rd August 2010, 10:14
Count me in, just got approval from the accountant. :whistle:

MXNUT
3rd August 2010, 19:16
Probably keen for this one but i would Give the Jet boat Tour a miss also, as i have been there before.

Aslan
3rd August 2010, 22:00
Mike, Phil et al - interested but as others have said - I'll pass on the Jet Boat - great ride but have done it before and in any case does not compare with paddling the 120KM from Taumarunui to Pipiriki as in the 'Mountains to Sea' does it Mike :)

Taz
4th August 2010, 07:43
I'm in. Not fussed on jetboat tho.

reofix
4th August 2010, 14:43
Put me down as starter.

Pampera
4th August 2010, 19:53
Phil, Colin and I are not quite ready to post this ride on the calendar. But we have been doing some work on likely costs and now need an indication of who is in or out. This is NOT a commitment from you to do the ride, it will let us know possible numbers so we can sort out accomodation and the jet boats,

.[/I]

I am interested, including the jet boat portion. If there are no macho "technical"sections Debbie may be able to come as pillion also.

Regards,

Michael

Phreaky Phil
4th August 2010, 20:03
Pillions are welcome :yes: If we have any of the "macho" sections, these will be optional, and we will have some of the group going each way.

Night Falcon
5th August 2010, 15:07
Still be in plaster....bum, sod, cat, darn, fart it :gob:

Crisis management
10th August 2010, 10:45
Apologies, been a bit slow responding to this, I would like to do the jet boat ride but suspect that I would not due to cost...it's one of those years!
Definately want to attend the ride tho.

Cary
10th August 2010, 19:39
in for ride and maybe for jetboat.......

GLG
10th August 2010, 20:39
yes on my must do list

Tug Boat
13th August 2010, 08:22
Hope to get there will know closer to the time , Not sure on the jet boat ?

XF650
13th August 2010, 09:26
I'm possibly a probable - all depends on a) fixing 3rd gear in the XF, and b) how I can swing some work meetings up there to make this all legit.
Won't need a river ride, boating funds are already being spent repairing my own jet boat.
Parked thus:
After hitting this:
Moral of the story: don't boat hydro power station tail races if they are shutting off the penstocks - it hurts.

.chris
16th August 2010, 14:50
Can I bail on the jetboat ride part please.
still keen to do the ride tho.

young1
16th August 2010, 21:52
Please post anything more about this ride on the new thread "NBA ride is all go"

Taz
16th August 2010, 22:02
Doesn't look closed....... :)

young1
16th August 2010, 22:04
Doesn't look closed....... :)

You will keep!

CLOSED FOR LAMBING