PDA

View Full Version : Rev'it wintertouring socks

dogsnbikes
5th August 2010, 08:25
Well last night I rode home from WGTN with it raining all the way,regardless it was a ride I was looking forward too despite spending what seems like a small fortune on these sock's in the hope to finally have warm feet...........

too be honest I did have abit of a chuckle about these socks as I brought them from WGTN MC and the socks are labled left and right which made me think they were designed more for harley riders :shutup:

Well Bloody hell to my susprise I actually did have warm feet and even though my boots(which need replacing) were eventually getting wet inside by the time I did get home,and the socks were getting wet I still had bloody warm feet :wari:.....so I'm sold and will be getting some more and looking at the rest of the rev'it undergarment gear line

rachprice
5th August 2010, 08:32
Ohhh Icebreaker have ones like that...they are so warm!

NZsarge
5th August 2010, 08:33
I have a couple of pairs of these Dogs, I don't find them too bad but the wear out pretty quickly which is a shit given the price of them. I also have their new wind proof balaclava which I like, very very comfy. Does a similar job as the Oxford wind proof balaclava but streets ahead for comfort, being a later generation of wind blocking under garments I think they've taken all the attributes of the Oxford gear and worked on making it more comfortable.

NZsarge
5th August 2010, 08:35
Ohhh Icebreaker have ones like that...they are so warm!

Owl reckons the Icebreaker merino under gloves are really good too.

dogsnbikes
5th August 2010, 08:41
I haven't been happy with the chillout gear as I still seem too be cold when wearing it and the comfort isn't the best,
But the comfort was great finally a sock that is made to fit Europeans with chunky calfs

yes the price is up there but I am happy too pay what ever it cost to be warm and comfy at $59.99 Melissa hoped they had a warrenty but hey at least they weren't $60

dogsnbikes
5th August 2010, 08:44
Have some ice breaker thermal tops which are good but are mainly two season tops or good on a mild winters day but yeah they hold thier own

NZsarge
5th August 2010, 08:51
I haven't been happy with the chillout gear as I still seem too be cold when wearing it and the comfort isn't the best,
But the comfort was great finally a sock that is made to fit Europeans with chunky calfs

Definitely check out the rest of the Rev'it range then mate, they have a reasonable amount of it at Anza's.

Devil
9th August 2010, 14:33
Sealskinz do waterproof socks. Yes I mean waterproof, not just warm and wet :P. They breathe too. Possum and merino. They work. Cost me $65 though.

Usarka
28th August 2010, 12:18
Sealskinz do waterproof socks. Yes I mean waterproof, not just warm and wet :P. They breathe too. Possum and merino. They work. Cost me $65 though.

Dude I need some of these for hiking with my old dunga boots in some heavy rain.

Where for art thou purchase said socks? (ie where the f*&* do you buy them?)

Chur.

BMWST?
28th August 2010, 13:26
Dude I need some of these for hiking with my old dunga boots in some heavy rain.

Where for art thou purchase said socks? (ie where the f*&* do you buy them?)

Chur.

any decent outdoors shop will have equivalents

Owl
28th August 2010, 15:47
Neoprene diving socks keep feet very warm when wet. Well, they are supposed to be wet after all.

Could've done with them this arvo when water was running down the inside of my Goretex boots:laugh:

BonnieLass
1st January 2011, 16:00
Thanks guys for the great thread....I hate cold feet and cold hands. Ive got heated grips for the hands but needed to find out which were the best socks for winter. Heated foot pegs....now that would be awesome :yeah:

BMWST?
1st January 2011, 18:55
Thanks guys for the great thread....I hate cold feet and cold hands. Ive got heated grips for the hands but needed to find out which were the best socks for winter. Heated foot pegs....now that would be awesome :yeah:

i am sure heated socks or inner soles (http://www.championmotouk.com/mens-clothing.php?heated-motorcycle-boot-insoles-pg1-cid787.html) would be available

dogsnbikes
2nd January 2011, 08:02
There is also this version

http://www.verseo.com/thermosoles.html?gclid=CKT_7MnlmaYCFYM3pAodMH3Hog

BonnieLass
2nd January 2011, 08:23
i am sure heated socks or inner soles (http://www.championmotouk.com/mens-clothing.php?heated-motorcycle-boot-insoles-pg1-cid787.html) would be available

Thanx BMWST? I heard about heated gloves and clothing but I hadn't looked for it yet. Cheers!

BonnieLass
2nd January 2011, 08:26
There is also this version

http://www.verseo.com/thermosoles.html?gclid=CKT_7MnlmaYCFYM3pAodMH3Hog

Hi dogsnbikes, these look fantastic, no wires, just charge them up and a fantastic 8 hours heating.....looks like something I want to buy for winter :yes:

BMWST?
2nd January 2011, 11:45
Thanx BMWST? I heard about heated gloves and clothing but I hadn't looked for it yet. Cheers!

in the winter heated grips are teh bomb!They are so much more than just hand warmers

wysper
2nd January 2011, 15:17
in the winter heated grips are teh bomb!They are so much more than just hand warmers

alright, I will bite. What else are they?

BonnieLass
3rd January 2011, 10:54

Yeah I was a bit apprehensive about asking..... so decided not too :lol:

slofox
3rd January 2011, 10:59

Well, being the shape they are, and ribbed as well, you can shov...errrmmmmm...never mind...

BonnieLass
3rd January 2011, 11:06
Well, being the shape they are, and ribbed as well, you can shov...errrmmmmm...never mind...

I guess, what eva smokes your tires slofox....But I will stick to using them to warm my hands. :facepalm:

slofox
3rd January 2011, 12:09
I guess, what eva smokes your tires slofox....But I will stick to using them to warm my hands. :facepalm:

Yeah - me too...:rofl:

BMWST?
3rd January 2011, 12:15
they warm your hands for sure,but in doing offsets the loss of heat from your body.So in effect they can keep your whole body warm!

BonnieLass
3rd January 2011, 19:29
they warm your hands for sure,but in doing offsets the loss of heat from your body.So in effect they can keep your whole body warm!

Yeah you are so right! I was getting a little chilly one early evening on a ride and thought I would turn the heating on and found out just that. I was no longer chilly and not just my hands. It made for a much more pleasant trip home....I love them!
:heart: