PDA

View Full Version : Old and new (Kato63)

Kato63
6th August 2010, 10:27
hi all, something old something new. well old = biking start early 80's when i joined vic club and rose through to promotions manager ie place add in paper for club night also got heavilly involved wit race meetings like lyall bay, gracefield, winter road race series manfield etc even was assistant grid marshall with Mark renall . long days even longer nights we even ran a mx event!! scary. I was looking at history of the Katana sxz and found this site awesome. Great bike inits day and remember wgtn m/cycles team clean up with those I had a standard sz 11hundy back then so gt to know Robert holden and Bob toomey quite well. Also remember the panic some guys went through to run there bikes in to get sorted for the six hour, an old friend and vic club president rode a Katana wire wheel two up too Auckland and back I think non stop there wrists would have been rooted after that with those slide carbs what a beast
new= returned to riding after 20 years of kids marraige etc in 03 now on dirt machines (ktm) and having a ball there is not much I dont know about kato's so if u guys need help just holla see if can help. thats all for now and remember allways go hard

Katman
6th August 2010, 10:55
there is not much I dont know about kato's

Same here - but I've never heard them referred to as Katos. :blink:

Kato63
6th August 2010, 11:13
Same here - but I've never heard them referred to as Katos. :blink:

kat = Katana
kato = KTM