PDA

View Full Version : Badltnt has killed frosties van shhhhh

badlieutenant
31st May 2005, 22:14
I flew up north (from welly to auckland) in the weekend to move some remaining possesions to a safe(ish) storage place further north (NZ's smallest town, Kohukohu, aka coke). I was going to have hire a van or similar to do so and then it occurred to me that I might be able to help the frosty racing fund by giving him some money for the use of the van rather than some homo hire outfit.

So, in the abbreviated version I pick up van (cheers frosty) and load it up next morning and head north.
One hill before the mangamuka gorge as I accelerate up I detect a slight burble from the motor, which up till this point has run flawlessly, and then another.
Errrr ummmm I thought.
As I started to pull over to the side somewhere safe (I had just been overtaken by 3 trucktrailer units doing about 120 -140 km/hr) the motor went Pop!!
well..... more like BANG or BANG
Lift the seat to have a look at the motor and there is the coil lying on its side earthed out on the engine.
It would appear that the coil bracket has broken and shorted out at a time when I was probably at max throttle which meant the fuel that was passing thru unburnt went pop in the muffler.
Im going to reattach the coil but Im kinda hoping someone near by (from kerikeri to opononi to whangarei, oh and kohukohu) might have a spare hilux muffler that I could put on the lovley frost van ? I dont think I can patch this one as it has burst its seams.
help
motu dont read this............oh too late, sorry :(

badlieutenant
31st May 2005, 22:16
please pm me, phone or txt (coverage aint so good here) on 0272915650 if you can help me, otherwise Im going to make alot of innocent livestock deaf.................do it for the animals........ :niceone: