PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a spare computer mouse I could have?

racefactory
7th August 2010, 16:19
Gidday, anyone got a spare computer mouse lying around I can have on the North Shore of Auckland? YOU could be in for a free chance to ride a gsxr750!

How frustrating it is without one!

Ta!

crazyhorse
7th August 2010, 16:31
Sorry, no I haven't - but if I did, I'd jump on my GSXR 1000 and deliver it all the way to you :)

MSTRS
7th August 2010, 16:33
$10 buys you a new one at the shop, you know.

racefactory
7th August 2010, 16:42
Can't afford it mate, recession.

hey thanks crazyhorse, appreciate it.

crazyhorse
7th August 2010, 17:06
Can't afford it mate, recession.

hey thanks crazyhorse, appreciate it.

well, the thought was there - even if the mouse wasn't - hope someone in AKL has a heart of gold and has one for you. my spare one ended up at my sons home - kinda guess its not coming back here :whistle:

awayatc
7th August 2010, 17:07
maybe somebody wants to go halves with you.......

crazyhorse
7th August 2010, 17:08
maybe somebody wants to go halves with you.......

On what?? the mouse or the ride?? :lol:

Grasshopperus
7th August 2010, 19:23
If you want to drive out to Papakura you can have a black USB optical mouse.

Of course, the petrol cost of the travel will probably be the same as something from the warehouse.

Blackshear
7th August 2010, 21:10
I'll go out tomorrow and buy you a cheapie for a quick ride :mellow:

racefactory
8th August 2010, 14:41
Thanks guys looks like someone's got one :)

Didn't know they sell em at warehouse. Had a look in DSE.... 40 bucks for entry level stuff. Fuck that.

Yes I know my name is trademe but I can't be arsed with trademe and getting it posted etc.

Swoop
8th August 2010, 16:02
$10 buys you a new one at the shop, you know.
Suzuki are giving them away now???:shifty:

2wheeldrifter
8th August 2010, 16:34
Sorry, no I haven't - but if I did, I'd jump on my GSXR 1000 and deliver it all the way to you :)

Oh come, he's in a hurry.... he can't wait that long, that's just cruel crazyhoth :)

Urano
8th August 2010, 20:49
i've got two.
optical, with multicolor leds, clickable wheel...
i've got a black apple pro too, if you think one button is more than enough.

i can give all to you for free, no prob bro...

just send me a one way ticket from milan mxp to akl and i'll be there in a snap... :niceone: :niceone:

racefactory
8th August 2010, 21:42
Still open to any more offers, this one doesn't work very well at all! Thanks anyway hiss!

Ta

BOMBER
8th August 2010, 21:45
I wasnt sure where to post my needs but this seems ok hope you dont mind.

Im really needing a paperclip, well two actually Im a bit broke so if anyone can help that would be awesome

Cayman911
8th August 2010, 23:00
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Genius-Wired-X-Scroll-USB-Optical-Mouse/1553478/

just keeping the options open. entry level n stuff.

or even cheaper http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=418096

Gremlin
9th August 2010, 00:26
I'd honestly skip the cheap mice, don't perform properly, move when there is no movement etc.

Suntoucher
9th August 2010, 02:04
Gone, family member claimed it.

YellowDog
9th August 2010, 06:18
No luck? Have a spare MX500 you can have. Am in Browns Bay til 4 tomorrow, albeit I don't wake up til about 12. 8 buttons but Logitech doesn't make software for Vista/7 for it. So it will work as a regular 5 button mouse but I don't think you can program the other three if you're using Vista/7.

It was a decent gaming mouse though, 800dpi sensor.

Don't give it away, sell it on Trademe.

FWIW: Cheap optical mice are fine provided you have a consistent surface to run them over.

sinned
9th August 2010, 07:09
You don't want to get RSI / OOS from a poorly designed mouse. It took me over 2 years to recover from a wrist - arm injury from using a cheap mouse while contracting and doing a look of database work. The app required a lot of mouse work and once I knew I had a problem it was too late and just got worse.

I couldn't hold a full glass in my right hand, it cost me hundreds in rehab costs for an osteopath that ACC didn't fully pay for, plus time not working.

Go buy a mouse from one of the top manufacturers - pay the good dollars.

crazyhorse
9th August 2010, 07:39
Oh come, he's in a hurry.... he can't wait that long, that's just cruel crazyhoth :)
But I can be there within a couple of hours............... zoom zoom, zoom :whistle:

Im really needing a paperclip, well two actually Im a bit broke so if anyone can help that would be awesome

No worries, I'll drop two off on my way paaaaaaaaaaaaast :woohoo: :rofl:

Suntoucher
9th August 2010, 12:43
You don't want to get RSI / OOS from a poorly designed mouse. It took me over 2 years to recover from a wrist - arm injury from using a cheap mouse while contracting and doing a look of database work. The app required a lot of mouse work and once I knew I had a problem it was too late and just got worse.

I couldn't hold a full glass in my right hand, it cost me hundreds in rehab costs for an osteopath that ACC didn't fully pay for, plus time not working.

Go buy a mouse from one of the top manufacturers - pay the good dollars.

Trackball Supremacy.

Can pry my Logitech Trackman from my cold, dead hands.

http://www.atpm.com/11.12/images/trackman-wheel.png

Juzz976
9th August 2010, 13:56
I thought trackballs were for amateur old guys who think ahving 1 makes them a CAD legend.

Latte
9th August 2010, 14:03
Still open to any more offers, this one doesn't work very well at all! Thanks anyway hiss!

Ta

Sorry man , apart from the wheel it was working fine. Whats the issue?

2wheeldrifter
9th August 2010, 14:09
But I can be there within a couple of hours............... zoom zoom, zoom :whistle:

No worries, I'll drop two off on my way paaaaaaaaaaaaast :woohoo: :rofl:

I knew it was a mazda........ :yes:

Suntoucher
9th August 2010, 14:14
I thought trackballs were for amateur old guys who think ahving 1 makes them a CAD legend.

Nope, for people with limited desk space(great for laptops that are actually mobile) and not wanting to move their entire wrist/arm when the unused thumb can do it just as accurately(plus it's pretty good for FPS).

Also means it still works even if not on a solid surface, e.g. lying in bed watching a movie.

Gremlin
9th August 2010, 18:34
Thiiiiis is a mouse... adjustable weight and 3 quick-select adjustable cursor speeds, along with buttons, scroll wheel that runs free or clicks... mmm I loike. Could never use the trackballs, drove me nuts

http://www.computersavenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-headset-g300.jpg

Blackshear
9th August 2010, 20:27
Thiiiiis is a mouse... adjustable weight and 3 quick-select adjustable cursor speeds, along with buttons, scroll wheel that runs free or clicks... mmm I loike. Could never use the trackballs, drove me nuts

Oh hello, gaming cousin!

Almost 2 1/2 years strong, only just having problems with clicking in the scroll wheel. Always free-spin-ftwin

marie_speeds
9th August 2010, 21:03
Also means it still works even if not on a solid surface, e.g. lying in bed watching a movie.

Does that cause wrist injuries?

Usarka
9th August 2010, 21:28

When you get one stick it up your arse and twist it around until you snag a piece of corn. Then give it to the kids and tell them it's a chuppa chupp.

racefactory
9th August 2010, 21:34
Gone, family member claimed it.

Damn thanks for the offer. Too late.

Hiss- that mouse just doesn't pick up movement well at all. 'All over the place' is the best I can describe it as. Kind of like it's on drugs. Reminded me of the shitty old ball mice actually. Cheers anyway.

Blackshear
9th August 2010, 22:21
Damn thanks for the offer. Too late.

Hiss- that mouse just doesn't pick up movement well at all. 'All over the place' is the best I can describe it as. Kind of like it's on drugs. Reminded me of the shitty old ball mice actually. Cheers anyway.

Hey mate, I'll be more than willing to buy you an intellimouse (USB or PS/2?) for a crack on the 750. Granted, I am a 20 yearold male with a 2 year learners :innocent:

EDIT: Can't seem to find any at local shops.

avgas
9th August 2010, 22:31
Oh hello, gaming cousin!

Almost 2 1/2 years strong, only just having problems with clicking in the scroll wheel. Always free-spin-ftwin

Formatted ya PC recently? the free spin is to do with software actually.
I found that without the software you can override it by clicking down the wheel (like mouse button). goes from free-wheel to clicky-click wheel.
Still the best mouse I have ever used.......but gen II of this mouse comes out next year.

Blackshear
9th August 2010, 22:45
Formatted ya PC recently? the free spin is to do with software actually.
I found that without the software you can override it by clicking down the wheel (like mouse button). goes from free-wheel to clicky-click wheel.
Still the best mouse I have ever used.......but gen II of this mouse comes out next year.
Gen II is already out, unless you don't mean the MX performance or whatever. click-to-click/free-spin is working fine, I just meant that I have it set to free spin no matter what and love it. I die on the inside when I have to use a friends mouse.