PDA

View Full Version : Bike recovered - Whose is it?

rastuscat
11th August 2010, 19:30
I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague who is trying to find the owner of a bike that looks stolen. Please don't abuse Willy, or write offensive things about this. He's trying to return it to the owner.

Attached is a photograph of a motorbike recovered by Kaikoura Police on 22/07/10. It is believed to have been stolen, but owners cannot be located.

The bike was last sold on or about 24/03/10 and therefore has to have been stolen prior. It has likely been taken from somewhere in the upper South Island area.

The bike is a Chinese copy (unknown brand). It states on the engine cowling that it is a 250cc but appears to be a smaller motor possibly 185cc.

Engine/chassis numbers have been removed, but some numbers located on the bike are:
JK0041
20070717 (possibly a manufacturing date)

If you are aware of any crimes where this motorbike may have been taken, please email WSI489@police.govt.nz

Regards,
Willy Squires
Constable
Kaikoura

Thanks all for your consideration

davereid
12th August 2010, 07:57
[QUOTE=rastuscat;1129833667]Please don't abuse Willy, or write offensive things about this. He's trying to return it to the owner.

How aggravating that you even have to say that !

But, I guess you do.

rastuscat
12th August 2010, 20:37
[QUOTE=rastuscat;1129833667]Please don't abuse Willy, or write offensive things about this. He's trying to return it to the owner.

How aggravating that you even have to say that !

But, I guess you do.

Yes, sad, but called for. I've posted this sort of thing in the name of doing good. At times my employer trawls through KB and hammers anyone (like me) for using a social networking website. Some of the standard KB stuff (you'll know what I'm talking about) would get me in the doo, so I'm hoping to avoid having to write reports explaining why I chose to post what I did.

Sad old world we live in, that I have to be careful about doing the right thing. But that's the world I work in.